few days away in march up north

Gerd Muller

Looking to go away for a few days in March with the missus. A few people have mentioned log cabins up north somewhere and I like the idea. Has anyone been to one and roughly how much for say 3 nights? Also what area has anyone stayed at one? A few years ago we took a drive up towards Fort William, Inverness etc and enjoyed it.

Any help would be appreciated.

A couple of years ago, I decided I would go travelling in Scotland in spring opposed to abroad. I love it, been to tarbret, pitlochry and going to fort William this year. Log cabins are amazing. Best place to book is with hoseasons. Check their website. Their accommodation has never let me down mate.

Haven't stayed in the log cabins, but I was up north last year and stayed in Plockton in a cracking little guest house called the Waterside.

Jambof3tornado

Strathyre up past Callander(look up forestholidays.co.uk),log cabins of different shapes and sizes and outdoor hot tubs etc. About 30 minutes drive passed Stirling and some fantastic scenery.

You will not be disappointed and theres a lot you can do without going too far from the cabin.

Rupert Pupkin

The WIG-WAMS at Tyndrum are a good shout, had my boys up there in the summer and is a good base for getting out and about.The farm shop also sells some nice venison ,ostrich and boar to get on the fire pit that is nxt to your WIG-WAM.:biggrin:

Archived