Vieira to Sign For Manchester City.

benny

Excellent signing. Commanding presence on the park and a proven winner. He'll provide height and cover for the midfield and free Vincent Kompany to drop into the back four, so an astute piece of business. Few players come from Italy unfit; unless we're signing them of course.

Excellent signing. Commanding presence on the park and a proven winner. He'll provide height and cover for the midfield and free Vincent Kompany to drop into the back four, so an astute piece of business. Few players come from Italy unfit; unless we're signing them of course.

Thinking that myself.Two out of three from De Jong,Barry and Vieira is a very good central midfield.

Still pretty injury prone. His effectiveness with Inter was limited by the fact that refs almost always booked him for his first foul.

Played well enough against Chievo yesterday to show that he still has something left.

Will be moving to Eastlands in order to get into France WC squad and because City are the only team likely to be able/willing to match his Inter salary.

Still pretty injury prone. His effectiveness with Inter was limited by the fact that refs almost always booked him for his first foul.

Played well enough against Chievo yesterday to show that he still has something left.

Will be moving to Eastlands in order to get into France WC squad and because City are the only team likely to be able/willing to match his Inter salary.

What type of injury's does he get.I take it he was a good player for Mancini,hence him signing for City.

long past his best IMO. Will struggle with the pace of the game.

Was thinking the same. At his peak he was superb. Used to love the battles between him and Roy Keane.

long past his best IMO. Will struggle with the pace of the game.

Bit of a myth created by the EPL media imho, if you move away from Engerland then it must be because you have lost pace/too old etc! PV is a model pro and have no doubts that he has looked after himself! Will still be a class act! If a 38yr old graeme alexander can compete in CM in the premiership then so can Vieira (Different class of player I know but GA is still competitive against most teams in the premiership)!!

Bit of a myth created by the EPL media imho, if you move away from Engerland then it must be because you have lost pace/too old etc! PV is a model pro and have no doubts that he has looked after himself! Will still be a class act! If a 38yr old graeme alexander can compete in CM in the premiership then so can Vieira (Different class of player I know but GA is still competitive against most teams in the premiership)!!

Ryan Giggs another.Giggs has been given the freedom of Salford as an honour by the way.:biggrin:

What type of injury's does he get.I take it he was a good player for Mancini,hence him signing for City.

Muscular problems. Thigh, hamstring and calf strains. Tends to be out for a month or so at a time.

This might change with a new club though. Who knows? To be fair, this season he's had fewer problems with injury so far.

I'd rather he signed a couple of proper centre half's to replace the crap Toure and over-rated Lescott than sign a midfielder so that Kompany can drop back.

You'd think that an Italian who's managed in Serie A for 4 years would know a couple of decent centre half's wouldn't you ?

I'd rather he signed a couple of proper centre half's to replace the crap Toure and over-rated Lescott than sign a midfielder so that Kompany can drop back.

You'd think that an Italian who's managed in Serie A for 4 years would know a couple of decent centre half's wouldn't you ?

January is a long month, so more may come, and Kompany has looked the part when played in defence. City haven't lost a goal since Mancini took over, admittedly against poor opposition, but then again, Bolton and Burnley took three a piece.

Frankenstein Jambo.

Vieira - 33 years old and injury problems... could turn out to be the coup of the season or a fecking disaster.

There defence has been poor, Toure is a shambles. Not sure about Lescott yet though, liked him at Everton.

BTW whose place in the team would Vieira take?

Think only Given has a 'place' in the team and all others will probably rotate. There are plenty games coming up and quite a few injuries, so the same eleven are unlikely to play every week.

There defence has been poor, Toure is a shambles. Not sure about Lescott yet though, liked him at Everton.

The players in City's squad that Viera would be competing with would be Nigel DeJong, Gareth Barry and Vincent Kompany so I don't really see the point tbh.

I'm still hopefull that Mancini will sign a couple of centre half's and a new left back. You never say never with City nowadays.

As a Hammer it's hard to admit he was a top man in his day. Hope he's lost it know though. Can't stand Citeh.

Archived