Lack of Fitness

TexasAndy

Apart from everything else such as team rotation, lack of motivation etc we appear to be one of the most unfit teams in the league. I put this down to a lack of a proper pre-season. Last night could be as much to do with not being fit enough to cope with 2 games a week. It's time to get back to the sand dunes of Gullane in June\July and get the basic fitness levels up to an acceptable standard. When things are this bad we have to start from basics.

Guest JamboRobbo

You surely can't be implying that Malofeev isn't a top fitness coach. He's the greatest Vlad has ever seen don't you know. :)

Agree entirely by the way. We need to start by sorting out the basics.

Step 1. Appoint a manager.

Step 2. Let him manage.

Geoff Kilpatrick

The fitness thing definitely needs to be looked at given that we are linked to a sports science facility. I would love to know what is going on there.

Juande Ramos at Spurs has shown how easy it is to get fitness (and motivation) levels upped in no time at all.

Why we can't get our professional athletes to up their game is beyond me... apart from the usual not having a proper manager, total farce of a structure etc. etc. etc.

I've been up to Riccarton a few times to watch the training and Andy Fordham would find it a breeze, Christ I give my under 12 footie team a harder time.

Combination of bringing in players who haven't the physical ability to last a full game (Ksnavicius, Nade), messed up pre-season (Malofeev), continual rotation (Romanov/acolytes) plus the laziness of players such as Nade, Ksnavicius or Ivaskevicius mean that we always dip in the last half hour of games.

Archived