Hamilton 1

Hearts 0

Hibs 2

Kilmarnock 1

Motherwell 1

St Mirren 2

St Johnstone 1

Rangers 0

I was going to do it including this weekends fixtures but it would be more skewed as we don't know whether the games tommorow are on or NOT

BUT this could work in our favour. Dundee UTD and Hibs have (a) game(s) in hand so could end up with fixture congestion esp adding in the cup. Also starting to look likely that this weather may start to effect the Scottish Cup Matchs next week.

So far we have been Lucky. But may not last.

jamboinglasgow

if we play today and (hopefully) get a win, then the fixture congestion will really work in our favour. Aberdeen at the moment are the only team below us who can go above us with the games in hand. A number of extra games to play means teams will tire more. I almost wonder if it would work for us in the league if we drew against Aberdeen in the cup, then (obviously) win the replay. Thus forcing further games to play for them.

Games in hand are pish. Too much pressure heaped on you as well as the fact that it means you'll be playing three games in a week to use them up.

If you keep up to date, you know where you stand and can worry about the next round of games rather than breaking out the calulator.

As of Midnight on the 1st

In Alpha order

Aberdeen 2

Celtic 1

Dundee Utd 1

Falkirk 1

Hamilton 2

Hearts 0

Hibs 1

Kilmarnock 1

Motherwell 0

Rangers 0

St Johnstone 1

St Mirren 2

I was going to do it including this weekends fixtures but it would be more skewed as we don't know whether the games tommorow are on or NOT

BUT this could work in our favour. Dundee UTD and Hibs have (a) game(s) in hand so could end up with fixture congestion esp adding in the cup. Also starting to look likely that this weather may start to effect the Scottish Cup Matchs next week.

So far we have been Lucky. But may not last.

corrected

Inspector Rex
I almost wonder if it would work for us in the league if we drew against Aberdeen in the cup, then (obviously) win the replay. Thus forcing further games to play for them.

But in that scenario, we'd have further cup ties depending on how far we go, and whether they are taken to replays, and Aberdeen would only have the replay against us before being knocked out. It seems to cancel out the advantage IMO.

Victor Meldrew

I would always rather have points in the bag than games in hand. It's all well and good to assume that a team will pick up 3 points in their game in hand but this is an unpredictable season.

I would always rather have points in the bag than games in hand. It's all well and good to assume that a team will pick up 3 points in their game in hand but this is an unpredictable season.

Not necessarily. If you are 1 point ahead of a team with 3 games in hand what would your view be? :blink:

Archived