There's a moose loose about my hoose!

ecjambo

Hi chaps. Just wondering if anyone has anyone advice on what to do about catching a mouse? Last night I was watching telly and then got the fright of my life when I saw a mouse appear from under my fireplace, I moved and it ran back under it I think. Wasn't a big thing but I don't know if there is just one or where it actually came from. So has anyone got any advice for catching it or should I get the council or someone like that to come out.

I kinda like the idea of setting a trap with a bit of cheese on it and squashing the thing but then you need to clear it up after. Or can you get some kind of poisin so it may die a slow and painful death. Or how about getting one of the neighbours cats in to have a look for the little bugger, like a Tom and Jerry scene.

Get some big nasty traps, and stick some chocolate on it. A bit of Mars bar always seems to do the trick. Once they are caught, just dump them in the bin.

Posion is an option, but there is a chance they will crawl behind a cupboard to die, and end up smelling your place out.

Don't use poison. A work mate tried using poison and the mouse crawled back into the wall and died. The smell was unbearable and he eventualy had to remove the plasterboard to remove the corpse.

They say peanut butter is best. Cheese is an overblown myth. Get a mousetrap from Homebase or somewhere - very cheap, traditional shape and method of operation (but now plastic). You'll get it very soon.

PS had some work done in your house recently ? That's usually what starts them off somehow ... floorboards off or something.

Trap seems the best option. Im hoping there is only one of the wee buggers. I thought they tend to travel in groups though. Like a wee army. Ill get myself up to Homebase later and get it laid down for tonight. Are they nocturnal?

Not had any work done in the house. Im thinking it has came through the wall rather than from under floor boards.

Trap seems the best option. Im hoping there is only one of the wee buggers. I thought they tend to travel in groups though. Like a wee army. Ill get myself up to Homebase later and get it laid down for tonight. Are they nocturnal?

Not had any work done in the house. Im thinking it has came through the wall rather than from under floor boards.

If you know where it came through, fill the gap with steel wool. Apparently they hate it.

Having worked in a lab with thousands of the wee ****ers, I like to think I know enough about them to help you out.

First of all, you're right about there being more than one of the wee buggers. More than likely a few of them.

If you want to be quick and easy knocking them off, then yes, chocolate on an "old skool"

spring trap works quite well. I'd recommend Fruit & Nut, that's what we used if any of

them did a Steve McQueen and escaped.

And as someone else said, don't use poison as you will spend a week walking round your

flat/house/Gregorian mansion looking for the smelly wee git. Believe me, dead mice stink.

If you want to be cruel and put the fear into any others, I'd suggest a tea tray covered

in super glue with a bit of chocolate in the middle. The wee bugger will get stuck in it, ready

for you to mete out your own style of justice in the morning. That's if you don't stand on it,

as the evil wee sh**s have been known to eat their own leg off to get away.

Or, if you want to be nice, use a "humane" trap, and I'll come round and break it's

neck. In a perfectly humane, painless, quick and entirely government

approved manner of course.

And if all this death is distasteful, catch it, turn it into a pet, and I'll come over

and tatoo your name on the little bugger if you want. I'll give him the snip as well so

there's no more little surprises.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

I seem to have a few of them in the house at the moment too

Tried peanut butter but no joy

I cleaned out two cupboards yesterday and removed a pile of mouse poo

Seems they like the dog's biscuits more than her

Try the mars bar method today

And as someone else said, don't use poison as you will spend a week walking round your

flat/house/Gregorian mansion looking for the smelly wee git. Believe me, dead mice stink.

This is a picture of me and lads in the living room of my "Gregorian mansion"...

holythursday.jpg

:P;)

Sorry Norm, couldn't resist!

If you know where it came through, fill the gap with steel wool. Apparently they hate it.

Especially if they have fillings

Get a Cat!

I have a cat who single (pawed) handedly decimated the mouse population of West Lothian.

I've never seen a more efficient mouser.

She once climbed a tree & pounced on a mouse from about 10 feet above it.

I wish I'd seen it's face! (before it had been eaten obviously).

christhejambo

In my experience, a swift blow with a large, heavy glass bottle (such as that provided by Mr Jack Daniels of Lynchburg, Tennessee!) usually does the trick. The initial blood is fairly horriffic, and there is glass to clear up, but there are few things in life more satifying that brutally murdering the beast that knawed through your Xbox controller by your own hand. You may wish to tone this down slightly depending on the nuisance factor of the mouse in question, but i found this to be particulaly rewarding and enriching experience.

:)

Heres a pic of the 3rd little bugger I've caught recently! No 2 & 3 were caught in standard traps with chocolate. No 1 was hunted down by me and my father in law and stamped on the finish it off! They make a good cracking noise that way. attachment.php?attachmentid=286&stc=1&d=1204206988

DSC00232_thumb.JPG

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Heres a pic of the 3rd little bugger I've caught recently! No 2 & 3 were caught in standard traps with chocolate. No 1 was hunted down by me and my father in law and stamped on the finish it off! They make a good cracking noise that way. attachment.php?attachmentid=286&stc=1&d=1204206988

Poor mousey!!!!!!

:hae36:

:rofl:

Another option would be a plug-in sonic repellant. You just plug them into a 13 amp socket and they apparently emit a very high-pitched tone. Mickey and pals find this disagreeable to the extent that they scuttle off somewhere else (your neighbour's, with any luck!) and set up their happy home there. Seemed to work OK when I had a problem with them in my old flat.

Thanks for all the advice people. I'll let you all know how I get on over the next few days. I do quite like the super glue idea, seems if it will be a good laugh. A trap is the most likely option and I think I know where it came from, so Il fill the gap pronto. Cheers

Thanks for all the advice people. I'll let you all know how I get on over the next few days. I do quite like the super glue idea, seems if it will be a good laugh. A trap is the most likely option and I think I know where it came from, so Il fill the gap pronto. Cheers

Best of luck with the traps. My folks had a problem with fieldmice years ago and I had to go into the kitchen every morning and finish them off with a claw hammer. The buggers seemed to be really quick and were always trapped by a leg, nothing was ever killed outright.

Brian Whittaker's Tache
Another option would be a plug-in sonic repellant. You just plug them into a 13 amp socket and they apparently emit a very high-pitched tone. Mickey and pals find this disagreeable to the extent that they scuttle off somewhere else (your neighbour's, with any luck!) and set up their happy home there. Seemed to work OK when I had a problem with them in my old flat.

I had one of them when I lived in a particularly infested flat in Whitechapel

Fecking Useless, I'd been as well hoping the sonic noise from my farter would keep them away

Best of luck with the traps. My folks had a problem with fieldmice years ago and I had to go into the kitchen every morning and finish them off with a claw hammer. The buggers seemed to be really quick and were always trapped by a leg, nothing was ever killed outright.

A few years ago I worked part time in a chippy which had a few problems with mice.

We had set the traps the night before and the owner came in the next morning.

He was half way down the stairs when he heard a rattling noise and came running back up.

He eventually plucked the courage to go back down and spotted a mouse running about the place with a trap stuck to it's tail!

He picked up a shovel and went after it so the wee sod bolted into a hole, leaving the mouse trap and half his tail behind!

According to a pest control guy I spoke to later, he probably would have bled to death as they have quite a lot of blood vessels in their tail.

We regularly find mice floating in our bog when we arrive at the yard in the morning. We just put a bit of foam insulation on the seat, they love the stuff. However I'd wouldn't imagine you would want mice in your house bathroom so I'd suggest looking for holes to fill and traps. As previously mentioned poison can leave you with dead mice behind walls/below floors etc

Ive found the hole in which it was getting through, I hope. It was underneath the fireplace. It has now been filled in with plenty of steel wool. Im hoping that will do the trick. Also set down a trap aswell just in case it gets through the wool. As someone previously mentioned they dont like steel wool, Im hoping that is the case. It makes sense as they would probably get caught up in it. I hope I never see the wee bugger again.

Yon high pitch tone thingys are good, as someone said just plug and they go!!!

Are they the things they use on teenagers in shopping centres?

Another sighting of the wee bugger this morning. Its getting in under the fireplace. Must be another gap underneath it and thats where it is coming from. Might get that plug in the wall thing to get rid of it. I want this wee guy dead though. Its a war now.

I had one of them and it was useless. I saw the mouse plenty of times walking about my kitchen just metres from where it was plugged in.

Kill A Mouse:

A little boy walks into his father's bedroom and catches him putting on a condom.

He says, "What are you doing, Dad? The father stutters "I'm going to kill a mouse, son."

The kid says, "What are you going to do, f.uck him to death?"

There were three city mice sitting at a bar. The first mouse takes a shot of tequila, slams the glass on the table and says, "I'm the toughest mouse in this city. I'm so tough that I walk throughout the house collecting mouse poison, return to my nest and grind up the pellets with my morning coffee -- just for an extra jolt to start off each day."

The mice look at each other. The second mouse slams his whiskey, throws his glass on the floor and says, "I'm the toughest mouse in this city. I'm so tough that I go up to the trap outside my nest, I trip the lever and make the trap flip in the air, I catch the bar on its way down, bench press it a few times, twirl it over and over with my feet -- then I toss it to the floor, and take the cheese for breakfast. It's all part of my morning routine."

The third mouse looks at the other two. Bored with the conversation, he sets down his glass of beer and says, "I've had enough of you two. I'm going to go home and screw the cat."

Nelly Terraces

Yep. I can concur with this. Had them in my old house in London, got a coupl've of the sonic de-mousers and problem solved. Little blighters pushed off up the road as a few months later a neighbour did actually ask me if I'd had trouble with mice. I said 'no- must just be you' and looked at her as if she had the pox.

NT

PS, they also seemed to get rid of spiders, which Mrs T was chuffed with.

Nelly Terraces
I had one of them and it was useless. I saw the mouse plenty of times walking about my kitchen just metres from where it was plugged in.

Pump up the volume!

Maybe it was a deaf mouse.:rolleyes:

Nelly Terraces
Having worked in a lab with thousands of the wee ****ers, I like to think I know enough about them to help you out.

First of all, you're right about there being more than one of the wee buggers. More than likely a few of them.

If you want to be quick and easy knocking them off, then yes, chocolate on an "old skool"

spring trap works quite well. I'd recommend Fruit & Nut, that's what we used if any of

them did a Steve McQueen and escaped.

If you want to be cruel and put the fear into any others, I'd suggest a tea tray covered

in super glue with a bit of chocolate in the middle. The wee bugger will get stuck in it, ready

for you to mete out your own style of justice in the morning. That's if you don't stand on it,

as the evil wee sh**s have been known to eat their own leg off to get away.

Or, if you want to be nice, use a "humane" trap, and I'll come round and break it's

neck. In a perfectly humane, painless, quick and entirely government

approved manner of course.

And if all this death is distasteful, catch it, turn it into a pet, and I'll come over

and tatoo your name on the little bugger if you want. I'll give him the snip as well so

there's no more little surprises.

I like you. Lets be friends.

A Boy Named Crow

Ferret urine should do the trick. A few drops around where you think they're getting in will put the fear up them.

Mac_fae_Gillie

put a bit of food(dont matter wat) in its run path for 2days then put a humane trap(the flip type)with smellie cheese in on run path its a dead cert...

Then just dump it at work to scare the office girls.

Little bugs do nothing but poo....so catch it soon

Dirk Diggler
Ferret urine should do the trick. A few drops around where you think they're getting in will put the fear up them.

Ferret pish?

Not exactly easy to get hold off or commonplace in your average household I'd guess.

A Boy Named Crow
Ferret pish?

Not exactly easy to get hold off or commonplace in your average household I'd guess.

Obviously you need to find someone with a ferret, and pish disposal problems...

Archived