Irish Rebellion

Deek

This time it is against religion, in particularly blasphemy.

A new blasphemy law started yesterday where you can be fined up to 25,000 Euro for breaking it.

The group Atheist Ireland have now posted online 25 blasphemous quotes as a direct challenge to the new law.

http://blasphemy.ie/2010/01/01/atheist-ireland-publishes-25-blasphemous-quotes/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8437460.stm

I could not see this law being introduced in this country although there may be one locked in the darkest cupboard of our legal library.

Interesting to see where this one go's.

Is it blasphemous to say that God must be a sicko because he chose all those pedophile Irish priests to help him in Ireland (and every other country for that matter)?

Some of the comments after the article are brilliant.

My particuar favourite is;

If I can’t say anything mean about God then they can’t say anything mean about my imaginary friends.

:laugh:

This is the kinda thing that really pi**es me off and I’ve had a helluva week.

Comment by Charlie Sheen — January 1, 2010 @ 3:16 pm

:rofl:

Miller Jambo 60
Is it blasphemous to say that God must be a sicko because he chose all those pedophile Irish priests to help him in Ireland (and every other country for that matter)?

I better start saving then,**** them.

Selling a copy of the Satanic Verses will be illegal then?

Utter insanity from the Irish. Totally unbelievable that they have done this. Impossible to police and will cause havoc. As one comment says - perhaps this has been created to form a distraction from the pedophile priests scandal. This will take much of the attention away from the Catholic Church and it will be repealed in 18 months when the case has gone cold.

Le Chat, have you got a link to these comments? I can't find them (I assume they are associated with the BBC story). Thanks.

Le Chat, have you got a link to these comments? I can't find them (I assume they are associated with the BBC story). Thanks.

There are 2 links in the OP. The first one should get you there, although slow to open. I am sure god has put a curse on the web page.

EG

8. Matthias, son of Deuteronomy of Gath, in Monty Python’s Life of Brian, 1979: “Look, I had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was that piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah.”

The page was dead there for a while. I thought someone got cold feet, but I think it's because half the planet wants to post a deliciously blasphemous comment.

I could not see this law being introduced in this country

Similar laws were in fact repealed in the UK, I think in 2008.

Similar laws were in fact repealed in the UK, I think in 2008.

Correct.

As they say: Blasphemy is a victimless crime.

portobellojambo1

The Ballad of Jaysus Christ, 2000: ?He said me ma?s a virgin and sure no one disagreed, Cause they knew a lad who walks on water?s handy with his feet? Jaysus oh Jaysus, as cool as bleedin? ice, With all the scrubbers in Israel he could not be enticed, Jaysus oh Jaysus, it?s funny you never rode, Cause it?s you I do be shoutin? for each time I shoot me load.?

Archived