The Face. 10.50pm BBC4

Tazio

That is all.

Watching Queen at present, similar set to the one I saw at the Caley when they supported Mott the Hoople. Blew MtH off the stage imo.

Never saw the Faces sadly. Great band though and Rod had a great voice in those days before he became commercial. Should be good

Faces

Anyone expecting a documentary on the former style "bible" will be disappointed.

Edit: Unless they like The Faces of course!

Faces

Anyone expecting a documentary on the former style "bible" will be disappointed.

Edit: Unless they like The Faces of course!

Bugger. Thank God it isn't about The Face though, shallow, facile Londoncentric nonsense.

Bugger. Thank God it isn't about The Face though, shallow, facile Londoncentric nonsense.

I actually thought you were making some sort of cryptic reference to the dude from Quadrophenia.

:peepwall:

Love the Faces the way you love a less talented younger brother that copies all your moves. Never thought Ronnie Lane was happy with Brentford boy's dominance. Still good, but not great.

A half decent Chilean Chard has reminded me of a wee R'N'R question. Apart from being in the Small Faces and The Faces what other rock connection do Ian McLaglen and Kenney Jones have?

A half decent Chilean Chard has reminded me of a wee R'N'R question. Apart from being in the Small Faces and The Faces what other rock connection do Ian McLaglen and Kenney Jones have?

The Who.

Come on you know it's correct but why? Rod is tentatively involved in the answer too.

Absolutely. Kenney replaced Keith as drummer, and Mac replaced Keith as lover. Rod was on the same train to Brighton to try and shag Kim. Keith got there first. Was Kim lucky?

Absolutely. Kenney replaced Keith as drummer, and Mac replaced Keith as lover. Rod was on the same train to Brighton to try and shag Kim. Keith got there first. Was Kim lucky?

There has always been something about Stewart that I'm not sure about.

Maybe it was Rod the Mod suddenly turning up dressed in spandex.

Mac's autobiography is a good read. Amazing how much the Small Faces were ripped off by Don Arden in terms of royalties and cash. It's only very recently they've started getting any.

Great story about when he was hired by the Small Faces. He was in the band for almost a year as an employee so he went to Don Arden and asked if he could be a proper band member now. Arden and the band agreed. He was then shocked that his cash dropped by half!

Never a fan of Rod either, too clinical in everything he did. No real passion. But hey if you are an ugly bloke that likes obvious blondes I guess he's a hero. Kim was only just 16 when those 2 were sharing a train to ruin her. I guess she must have been pretty special. I believe Mr. Kerrigan was more then a match for both the rock legends at first though. Any idea when Daltry is getting the Moon biopic off the ground?

Mac's autobiography is a good read. Amazing how much the Small Faces were ripped off by Don Arden in terms of royalties and cash. It's only very recently they've started getting any.

Great story about when he was hired by the Small Faces. He was in the band for almost a year as an employee so he went to Don Arden and asked if he could be a proper band member now. Arden and the band agreed. He was then shocked that his cash dropped by half!

You can see where Sharon gets it from. My happiest death this year was Allen Klein. I'm sure him and Don are having a great time wherever they are.

Archived