Turkish Barbers

Bigyan

Hey guys

I have got my girlfriends 21st coming up and I was looking to get myself a nice wee haircut and a turkish shave to help in my quest of looking beautiful. I was wondering if anybody has any experience of any turkish barbers in the Edinburgh area, preferably the east side of the city! Looking to keep to a budget of around ?20 max for the lot. So kickbackers I look forward to your pearls of wisdom!

Goose Baxter

While people on here will no doubt list a few off these places in edinburgh mate.

I think you will need to expand your budget a bit more. I'd reckon between ?30-?35 for the full lot.

You'll get the whole package for your budget at the Turkish guy on Leith Walk at the end of Balfour Street. He'll even set your lugs on fire as a special treat.

You'll get the whole package for your budget at the Turkish guy on Leith Walk at the end of Balfour Street. He'll even set your lugs on fire as a special treat.

That being in Leith, sounds a bit deep.If you get my drift:shocked666:

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

V.I.P's on lutton place up southside(i know you said eastside but if you want to look the part!), its quality, cheap aswell.

Say What Again
Hey guys

I have got my girlfriends 21st coming up and I was looking to get myself a nice wee haircut and a turkish shave to help in my quest of looking beautiful. I was wondering if anybody has any experience of any turkish barbers in the Edinburgh area, preferably the east side of the city! Looking to keep to a budget of around ?20 max for the lot. So kickbackers I look forward to your pearls of wisdom!

There's a barber just along from the Artisan pub on London Road (same side). I think it's called Classics. I've used him a few times. He does the burning stick to the lugs as mentioned above. Haircut and Turkish shave was ?17.

Further east along London Road there's another on the opening just before Carphone Warehouse/McDonald's at Meadowbank. Had the shave in there once and it was decent but the shop was full of the guys wee chav looking mates.

Finally, there's the barber on Willowbrae Road, next to where Blockbusters was. I'm assuming they still do hot shaves but I stopped going as it was always mobbed.

there was a thread about this a while back and the consensus was that the best is the one at haymarket!

A most excellent institution. I've been going there for years now. The Latvian bloke is a top man, as is the owner. I was in there on Hogmanay for a close crop, and I have to say I was well and truly singed around the lug area - had to open the car window afterwards to get rid of the burning smell.

A most excellent institution. I've been going there for years now. The Latvian bloke is a top man, as is the owner. I was in there on Hogmanay for a close crop, and I have to say I was well and truly singed around the lug area - had to open the car window afterwards to get rid of the burning smell.

Thanks to everybody so far for their suggestions!

What is the name of this one on Leith Walk?

Has anybody been to the new one on Portobello High St, think its called Blutos.

Thanks to everybody so far for their suggestions!

What is the name of this one on Leith Walk?

Has anybody been to the new one on Portobello High St, think its called Blutos.

It's called "International Barbers". 272 Leith Walk, tel. 554 7222.

It's called "International Barbers". 272 Leith Walk, tel. 554 7222.

Fantastic, thanks very much! Will give them a buzz and see what their chat is!

What advantages does a turkish shave have over a home shave? And do you still have to shave the next day?

Archived