So what happened to you in 2009?

yvonnejambo

My biggy was finding my birth mother and that I am really an Aussie, still weird nearly a year on!

This year will be year I actually meet her.

So whats your big experiece of 09

Say What Again
My biggy was finding my birth mother and that I am really an Aussie, still weird nearly a year on!

Can't see anyone topping that!

maroonlegions

My wife's mother who has lived in South Africa in Capetown for years and recently moved into a new house that was designed and built for her with swimming pool ect , has decided she is moving back to Scotland.:shocked666: Naturally my wife and my kids are over the moon with this news but the jury is still out with me.:blink:

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Got shafted by my supposed business partner and lost my job , my dog kicked the bucket, started a new business, met a great new woman and made a few new mates

It's been up and down!!

jambojackbilly

Being told ( by a phone call ) on the way to the Well game that i was to become a parent again :shocked666:

Apart from that nout special

Got shafted by my supposed business partner and lost my job , my dog kicked the bucket, started a new business, met a great new woman and made a few new mates

It's been up and down!!

Same mate, got shafted by someone I thought was my best mate and left, start my new business a lot wiser on the Jan 4th after 3 months of setting everything up.

portobellojambo1
i got barred from west end hearts due to mistaking identity

How could anyone mistake you for someone else. :thumb:

Ray Winstone
My wife's mother who has lived in South Africa in Capetown for years and recently moved into a new house that was designed and built for her with swimming pool ect , has decided she is moving back to Scotland.:shocked666: Naturally my wife and my kids are over the moon with this news but the jury is still out with me.:blink:

House swap.

It's been up and down!!

Think your last line should have been "It's been down and up!!"

Its a new year - seems to be coming together for you.

Snake Plissken

Left girlfriend of five years, fell for another but that ended after a few weeks, lost job, moved back to Edinburgh, couldn't find work for ages, had a book proposal accepted but the publisher folded later in the year so that's not happening, got a job, lost it under very dubious circumstances, just got another one.

loveofthegame

6 trips abroad includin another Euro adventure with the Hearts and graduated. Was an unbelievably good year, lots and lots of ups and very few minor downs. Hope 2010 can compare.

Only 22 so none of the major marriage/children rubbish yet for me!

Got another year older, have less hair but more grey ones, also seem to have aquired the beginnings of an additional chin (ladies before you get your hopes up I'm happily engaged :loved:)

Still in a job which is always a bonus

2010 is one to look forward to, achieve 30 years of existance and best man as my wee bro throws his life & freedom away :content:

Jan 2009 - got made redundant (37 years service)

April 2009 - got a hip replacement

Oct 2009 - started a new job.

Harry Palmer

Reached 30yrs old...but is no different to being 20yrs old IMO!

Passed my Uni assignments but still awaiting the results for the ones undertaken in December......

Got drunk several times, fell on my arse 3 times in one day (30th December!).

Hoping to graduate in November 2010, which would be a nice 31st birthday present along with a job this time next year! :thumb:

But the way the NHS will be.....:wilted_rose:

That's a topper, Yvonne. Hope it works out well for you.

Nothing really stands out for me. Fairly averagey as it goes. Looking forward to next year, though.

Got my degree which was a huge personal achievement for me. Left school with no qualifications at all due to problems I had there. Worked my way up over the years to eventually get my degree aged 25, so that was definitely the highlight.

On the downside, my girlfriend left me just before Christmas after almost seven years. Made all the worse considering most of what I'd done after I'd graduated was focused on us setting up a business. So it was a kick in the balls in more ways than one.

So safe to say that 2010 is a pretty big year for me.

Yvonne, good luck. Hope it works out well for you!

Malky, get someone to film your best man speech and get it on Youtube!

Got my degree which was a huge personal achievement for me. Left school with no qualifications at all due to problems I had there. Worked my way up over the years to eventually get my degree aged 25, so that was definitely the highlight.

On the downside, my girlfriend left me just before Christmas after almost seven years. Made all the worse considering most of what I'd done after I'd graduated was focused on us setting up a business. So it was a kick in the balls in more ways than one.

So safe to say that 2010 is a pretty big year for me.

Yvonne, good luck. Hope it works out well for you!

Malky, get someone to film your best man speech and get it on Youtube!

Martin, most importantly hope it works out for you this year

secondly, don't worry I'd imagine it'll end up there somehow, still 9 months to go and I get butterflies thinking about it

I had a good year.

In January I was called to a pastoral role in a church of 250.

Spent July in Sydney.

In September I went back to college to finish the degree I started in 1992 and paused whilst I got married and had a family.

Cool!

(But Yvonne's still winning!)

I have a confession to make.

Up until this year I had never been to see the Hearts.

My first ever game at tynie was the friendly against Bolton. Remember Nade's screamer?

My first away game was at Celtic Park and my second will be at fester.

So for me, the biggest part of 2009 will be becoming a proper jambo through and through.

Always loved them, now I know them.

Angus

Nothing interesting here. 3 trips abroad. Thats quite good for someone who hates flying!

I got engaged :cheers:

My fianc?e is 3 wins out of 3 so far in terms of Hearts games attended :loved:

Can we keep her? :hae52:

Kalamazoo Jambo
Can we keep her? :hae52:

We fly back tomorrow and should be somewhere between Heathrow and Chicago O'Hare during the game. Unless one of our air traffic control Jambos can help out :help:

Moving to London..... if you had asked me 1 year ago I would have laughed.

Archived