A sobering thought for all us kids who were born in the 1970s

Buffalo Bill

Some of us were born in the 60's.:shocked666:

Take it from me, the 40's are the best time of your life. (unless you have extremely young children)

60's boy meself. TBH I found turning 30 worse. 40's are groovy so far. Apart from supporting two football teams who are toiling. Onwards and upwards.

Some of us were born in the 60's.:shocked666:

Take it from me, the 40's are the best time of your life. (unless you have extremely young children)

Well my kids will be seven and four when I'm forty so bring it on, Baby.

40 in march , Kids will be , 11 , 14 & 16 , another 5 years and they'll be fending for themselves

feck where did the time go

As a baby of 69 I turned 40 last Jan and even though i dont feel any different I dont like when meeting new people and when telling them how old you are, you gEt the 'oh you dont look THAT OLD' :blink: I know thats meant to be compliment but its not when said like that. So 40 sucks :(

On the plus side nearly got most of my freedom back now my son is about to partly leave home and can nearly fend for himself (just having issues getting him to learn how to use washing machine)

My hearts bleeds for all those turning 40 this decade. You'll soon find out that time goes much quicker the older you get. It won't be long before the 50's beckon.:10900:

Turned 40 in 2000 never bothered me one bit.50 years of age in February and must admit i'm starting to think where have all the years gone.

i'm starting to think where have all the years gone.

They're behind you!

alladin.jpg

:)

North Berwick Jambo

Where did the last ten years go BB? I am forty on 23rd April 2010 but my missus was born at a minute past midnight on the 1st January 1970 so its her 40th tonight when the bells go, should be one hell of a party!

How sober should those of us born in the 50s get? :wilted_rose:

You just gotta roll with the punches, Dave.

40 in march , Kids will be , 11 , 14 & 16 , another 5 years and they'll be fending for themselves

Do you really think so?

Thet need you (wallet) more as they get older mate.

boabyarsebiscuit
My hearts bleeds for all those turning 40 this decade. You'll soon find out that time goes much quicker the older you get. It won't be long before the 50's beckon.:10900:

Correct. I just find the years whizz by. It's a sobering fact to think it's not going to be long before I am broon breed.

I am hoping 50 is the new 40 because thats what I'll be in 2014 and my 40th was spent driving us home from Paris to Edinburgh after the Mrs:loved: booked our holidays and I never checked the dates, still don't to be honest. They did let me stop at a KFC on the motorway though as a treat. :thumb:

Ah, not to worry. It's just a number.

Last post of the year from me: have a good one, and see you all on the other side.

awh stoapit man :blink: 2011 al b 40 an still dont act it so am not even thinkin 50 thats jist no rigfth

Well my kids will be seven and four when I'm forty so bring it on, Baby.

My boys were 20,14 and 9 when I turned 40:shocked666:

50's baby me:thumb:

My boys were 30,24 and 19 when I turned 40:shocked666:

50's baby me:thumb:

Whit.......:shocked666::shocked666::shocked666:

Don't you just love these Fifers.

I'll be 20 in a few years.

But I bet before I know it I'll be turning the big four-zero.

Although turning 40 hasn't stopped Craig Brewster or David Weir playing at a high level. :content:

FFS ten years ago today when I was still 38 I was running around daft checking telephone exchanges so that we,d all be ok when the millenium bug struck at the Y2K.Nothing happened but the decade has flown bye in a hurry.

FFS ten years ago today when I was still 38 I was running around daft checking telephone exchanges so that we,d all be ok when the millenium bug struck at the Y2K.Nothing happened but the decade has flown bye in a hurry.

I was 39 then and working in the Holiday camp that was Sun Microsystems.As you say it has flown bye.

Just about 10 years ago we were about to witness one of the worst derby displays from a Hearts team ever.:shocked666::lightning::peek_by_Andrin:

I was 39 then and working in the Holiday camp that was Sun Microsystems.As you say it has flown bye.

Just about 10 years ago we were about to witness one of the worst derby displays from a Hearts team ever.:shocked666::lightning::peek_by_Andrin:

I though we already had witnessed it. Wasn't it played just before Xmas?

Oh dear - that's the easy bit, it won't be where did the years go it's where did the money go. 16yo in five years, might be just finishing uni 14 yo just going through it and 11 yo thinking about it.

Good luck!

We're going to be 40 this coming decade.

5264324-md.jpg

Roll on 26/8/13

cheers for this BB. i too am a 60s production.

pipe and slippers at the ready.

Aye, so you think, just got the last one off the payroll this year and she is 24!!!!

**** me. I'm 30 this coming decade.

Don't roll on 5/8/2018.

12/06/2018 for me

disaster.

Archived