Teaching myself harmonica

Boomstick

Harder than I thought it would be.

Can't get the notes to bend and teaching myself how to breath properly is murder.

Pain in the arse thing. I think I must have started learning this instrument more times than I've tried to quit smoking.

THIS TIME I WILL NOT FAIL!!!

Angus

Ive got two guitars and cant play either of them in a way that anyone would recognise as music. Thats 3 years Ive been trying off and on

2010 is where that changes !!!!

90 minutes a night 3 times a week.

If it's a new harmonica you are using, you need to bend your favoured reeds gradually. You'll just put it out of tune if you go too fast. Draw bending is easiest, and you should feel like you are inhaling to remove something stuck in yer throat. Best if you have a range of keys too if you are trying to play by ear. I'm assuming you have a diatonic harp and are learning both cross and straight styles.

If it's a new harmonica you are using, you need to bend your favoured reeds gradually. You'll just put it out of tune if you go too fast. Draw bending is easiest, and you should feel like you are inhaling to remove something stuck in yer throat. Best if you have a range of keys too if you are trying to play by ear. I'm assuming you have a diatonic harp and are learning both cross and straight styles.

Italics yes.

Bold Maybe.

I have a book. It's called How to Play the Pocket Harmonica.

It's by Peter Pickow & Jason A. Shulman.

I can play Oh, My Darling, Clementine and Oh, When the Saints go Marching in.

Angus

Harder than I thought it would be.

Can't get the notes to bend and teaching myself how to breath properly is murder.

Pain in the arse thing. I think I must have started learning this instrument more times than I've tried to quit smoking.

THIS TIME I WILL NOT FAIL!!!

Angus

The answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind.:duck:

You probably know this already but there are literally dozens of tutorial videos for harmonica on You Tube

Yeah everything like that (including my new book!) are only so helpful up to a point. I'm actually pretty ok with the theory of the thing but when I try to put it into practice it just sounds like I'm a four year old that's ****in' around.

I want to do this.

Don't want his haircut though...

Angus

Yeah everything like that (including my new book!) are only so helpful up to a point. I'm actually pretty ok with the theory of the thing but when I try to put it into practice it just sounds like I'm a four year old that's ****in' around.

I want to do this.

Don't want his haircut though...

Angus

Christ, i take it he is the Jimmy Page of moothy players. That was outstanding.

Archived