What happens when...

The Merse

Some inconsiderate **** of a man crashes into your car through the night and does not leave any details?

I looked out my window earlier as I live on Wheatfield Street and I know I need to move my car before the game tonight, was just checking how frosty it was to see what I needed to take down to clear it when I noticed it had been absolutely panned in.

I've reported to please over phone but I have to go in and do it in person, how badly will this effect my insurance etc.

I'm totally spewing.

Some inconsiderate **** of a man crashes into your car through the night and does not leave any details?

I looked out my window earlier as I live on Wheatfield Street and I know I need to move my car before the game tonight, was just checking how frosty it was to see what I needed to take down to clear it when I noticed it had been absolutely panned in.

I've reported to please over phone but I have to go in and do it in person, how badly will this effect my insurance etc.

I'm totally spewing.

That's really awful mate, I hope they somehow catch the bar steward.

However, it was most likely a woman.

Hope it sorts itself out mate, and if you have protected no claims bonus you'll be okay.

Some inconsiderate **** of a WOman crashes into your car through the night and does not leave any details?

I'm totally spewing.

Fixed this for you!!:smiliz64:

As for insurance etc... They Screw you all roads, I've never had to claim so can't help, sorry mate!!

I'm totally spewing.

It will go down as a "fault claim", so you will normally lose 2 years no claims bonus, so for instance if you have full no claims you will be getting a discount of around 60% from the gross premium. Losing 2 years will mean getting a discount of 40% instead. So unless your premiums are massive, you are as well letting your insurance company pay for the repairs.

Radioactive Mince

I'm totally spewing.

Gutted.

It'll affect your insurance (more accurately - your N.C.D) if, as I assume, you will be making a claim. Maybe your insurance company will be sympathetic and not hammer you too much at your next renewal. Then again, maybe not.

Mince

Sterling Archer
It will go down as a "fault claim", so you will normally lose 2 years no claims bonus, so for instance if you have full no claims you will be getting a discount of around 60% from the gross premium. Losing 2 years will mean getting a discount of 40% instead. So unless your premiums are massive, you are as well letting your insurance company pay for the repairs.

Will that not depend on what you put on the form regarding where the car will be overnight? It's situation like this that makes me worry about lying on insurance.

Will that not depend on what you put on the form regarding where the car will be overnight? It's situation like this that makes me worry about lying on insurance.

If there is deliberate "non-disclosure", the insurers will refuse to pay the claim and cancel the policy. It is also possible that they would put your name on a fraud list that all the insurers share.

I'm totally spewing.

Sore one mate.

Same thing happened to me around 10 years ago. Some erse of a driver failed to take a corner and just caved in the side of my car and kept going. The polis said "there is nothing we can do". I said "if I find him and remove his teeth with a cricket bat that's us even then". They told me in no uncertain terms that I'd be arrested and not him. Where is the justice?

p.s. I am assuming Comprehensive cover which pays for "own damage", if you are Third Party, Fire & Theft you have no cover for "own damage".

FFS it's even worse than I thought.

They've slammed in to the side of the car and the two passenger doors are totally caved in, on top of that though they have hit it with such force that the car has slammed into the kerb and the back wheel has totally been smashed in on the drivers side so I can't even move it.

I only have one years no claims as I only took out my own insurance policy last year, had previously just been a named driver on the car.

It's stuck right at the Wheatfield turnstiles!

Sterling Archer

If you've called the police and reported it they can surely do something about the fact that you can't move it?

If you've called the police and reported it they can surely do something about the fact that you can't move it?

Get the heavy lift vehicle I'd imagine. :smiliz21:

FFS it's even worse than I thought.

They've slammed in to the side of the car and the two passenger doors are totally caved in, on top of that though they have hit it with such force that the car has slammed into the kerb and the back wheel has totally been smashed in on the drivers side so I can't even move it.

I only have one years no claims as I only took out my own insurance policy last year, had previously just been a named driver on the car.

It's stuck right at the Wheatfield turnstiles!

It's a long shot, but is there any CCTV there?

My brother just came down and he seemed to think I could move it even though the wheel was caved in, he was right - I managed to get it to the other side of the road so thats one problem out the way.

I think it might be worth asking about CCTV RedJambo - where do you think the best place to go to ask would be? Probably the reception on Mcleod Street I guess?

Gave Hearts a buzz.

Said they would check the CCTV but wouldn't be able to check till tomorrow because of the game tonight.

Mad Vlad oot.

Chaka Demus & pliers

Same thing happened to me 2 nights ago! I heard the crash and saw the car at the other side of the road. Assumed the guy was about to get out then next thing he drove away before I could get a look at the registration no.!

So if anyone sees a Dark blue/Black people carrier type car with a damaged front end let me know!

Just took a call today from the garage - my car is a write off!!

Time to go car shopping....

Ouch.

I wrote my car off in the summer. Get ready for some haggling with your insurer over thier valuation of your car.

Archived