Wall Mounting A Plasma

Moncs

Anybody know of any local people who can wall mount a Plasma TV?

Looking to get mine on the wall but dont trust myself to do it, and the AV Shops cost a small fortune,

Victor Mancini

providing your fixing it to a brick wall and you've bought a decent mount, it should be a very straightforward job bud.

if your near porty or leith i'd fit it for you this afternoon(time served joiner)

providing your fixing it to a brick wall and you've bought a decent mount, it should be a very straightforward job bud.

if your near porty or leith i'd fit it for you this afternoon(time served joiner)

Still have to buy the wall mount mate and its not a brick wall sadly, I presume that causes a problem?

if you're attaching it to a stud partition wall, you will have to find out where the studs are. look for plaster pins in a vertical line on the wall. if not you can either tap the wall until you get a dull sound, tap a nail into it to see if it is a solid strut or buy a stud detector which will easily find the wooden struts.

make sure you use heavy duty mounting screws and once fitted stay clear of it for 24 hours, go back and check that the tv isn't pulling the bracket away from the wall. adjust if necessary.

there have been a few reports of kids being seriously injured and unfortunately killed by plasma's/lcd's crashing down from the wall while they have been watching the telly.

if it is securely fitted to the struts, you shouldn't have any problems.

good luck.

Victor Mancini
Still have to buy the wall mount mate and its not a brick wall sadly, I presume that causes a problem?

just been nosing in the terrace sorry i never got back to you but the post above explains everything you need to know.

just been nosing in the terrace sorry i never got back to you but the post above explains everything you need to know.

No worries mate, PM me with details on cost and contact detaisl etc

Scott my brother done his himself, done a good job after the bracket hit him on the head...:blink:

Now that's funny, TB, I'd have to get Sound Advice in as I could easily see that happening to me - of course, I would firstly need to have a job to afford to buy one, then buy one and moan about the cost of getting it installed professionally:thumb:

It has been covered,but he forget to add

Remember its a TV yer hanging,not a picture.

Dont mount the ****er too high,eye level when sitting down. :thumb:

Archived