Were Rangers that good?

Gambo

The press are making out this morning that Rangers turned in a brilliant breathtaking performance last night.:eek:

IMO i thought Rangers were rank, and tbh if we were playing a decent team last night they could have dished out a bigger hiding than 4-0.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I've just watched the game (well most of it) having recorded it early this morning here.

Rangers didn't need to be good. They were playing a set of traffic cones (Banks and Wallace excepted).

cobbyshambles

i really don't think so, all the goals were through errors in defence that they capitalised on, on another day that game could have been 0-0.

Rangers didn't need to be good. They were playing a set of traffic cones (Banks and Wallace excepted).

Correct, they must have thought it was Murray Park it was that easy for them.

Thats exactly the point Gambo

They werent.

To be embarrassed by a good Rangers team is one thing. To be embarassed by a poor one is unnacceptable.

We have also been embarassed by a poor Celtic team under Chervenkov.

And each of Frail, Chervenkov and Korobochka have presided over embarrassments at the hands of nothing more than a competent Dundee Utd.

I've got to grudgingly admit that Rangers put up the best performance by any visiting team for years. The movement of their strikers was a lesson for our duds.

We made them look good but they took full advantage of it. Some of their passing and movement was excellent. Meanwhile their defence never looked in trouble and one of their free signings, Christian bloody Dailly looked great in midfield.

So, why weren't we in for someone like Dailly for example? Free, experienced in England and at International level and someone who can play in loads of positions? I know he's a whipping boy for fans, but I think he could have improved us and given us some stability.

ToadKiller Dog

They werent that good,they did not have to be, but there strikers were clinical ,if help by the linesman in the 1st half.

Hearts players just did not bother to try.

Thats exactly the point Gambo

They werent.

To be embarrassed by a good Rangers team is one thing. To be embarassed by a poor one is unnacceptable.

We have also been embarassed by a poor Celtic team under Chervenkov.

And each of Frail, Chervenkov and Korobochka have presided over embarrassments at the hands of nothing more than a competent Dundee Utd.

Whilst you and me and the rest of the support were embarressed by what we witnessed, i never sensed that from the players or Frail last night, none of them had any pride for the badge they were representing.

I do not care if they don't want to perform for each other or for Frail or for Romanov, but i want, no sorry i expect them, no sorry I DEMAND them to perform for us, the supporters.

We made them look good but they took full advantage of it. Some of their passing and movement was excellent. Meanwhile their defence never looked in trouble and one of their free signings, Christian bloody Dailly looked great in midfield.

So, why weren't we in for someone like Dailly for example? Free, experienced in England and at International level and someone who can play in loads of positions? I know he's a whipping boy for fans, but I think he could have improved us and given us some stability.

Spot on ! In the 2nd half it was hard to believe we were in the same league ! They were ****ing toying with us !

The first goal should never have stood but apart from that we have nothing to complain about as we were **** and they played really well !

I thought all through the first half that it was like watching Junior football. Two poor teams but Hearts even worse than Rangers. Hard to think of a player apart from Banks who would get in to my son's team. Frail would not get to manage the under 10's. Can't comment on the last 25 minutes because I was in my car driving home. By the way if you put a taylor's dummy on the pitch would it cause the opposition more problems than Clum?

Why do you think the first goal shouldn't have stood btw?

While we made them look good, if they didn't have decent players, they'd never have won 4-0. If we'd had some fight about us and they didn't take advantage, it could have been a totally different game.

Whilst you and me and the rest of the support were embarressed by what we witnessed, i never sensed that from the players or Frail last night, none of them had any pride for the badge they were representing.

I do not care if they don't want to perform for each other or for Frail or for Romanov, but i want, no sorry i expect them, no sorry I DEMAND them to perform for us, the supporters.

People have a go at stweart for this, and maybe he takes it too far, but some players need to be told like it is ON THE ****ING PITCH ! not behind close doors ! I'm sick and tried of the usual **** 'after the game a few truths were told' THey need to be told before and during the game !

Why do you think the first goal shouldn't have stood btw?

While we made them look good, if they didn't have decent players, they'd never have won 4-0. If we'd had some fight about us and they didn't take advantage, it could have been a totally different game.

We should have had 2 free kicks leading up to the goal, ruben's defo was a free kick ! how can the ball be win fairly from behind ! plus it was off side !

We should have had 2 free kicks leading up to the goal, ruben's defo was a free kick ! how can the ball be win fairly from behind ! plus it was off side !

I thought the ref did OK last night actually and there were elements of the CIS game for me. We often had ample opportunity to clear the ball or hold on to it but instead did neither and they took advantage. And the goal wasn't offside, I think Neilson clearly played their lad on.

Agreed

But since the removal of Elvis and Hartley the only player who has at least attempted to show some passion when things are not going well is Stewart

We can say what we like about Frail's failings.

We do not have any footballers at the club any more that can be considered "leaders"

There was nobody on the pitch last night that had the strength or desire that was required to try and drag us back into the game

Romanov systematically removed them because they saw how the football side of things was crumbling and dared to speak out

Like it or not Gambo, we are now reaping the rewards of what Vlad sowed 2 years ago. The decline has been gradual but completely avoidable.

We might disagree as to whether Vlad can, or wants to, sort things out, but you must see we are where we are as a result of a continued and repeated campaign of idiocy from Vlad over the last 2 years?

JennytheJambo

I was at the game but listened to the radio on the way back. The usual tripe from Richard Gordon and Billy Dodds. They made out that this was Rangers best game of the season and how wonderful they were (I didn't have my sick bowl with me) but to rub salt into the wounds they went about Novo's offside goal and that we should have been reduced to 10 men and they should have had a penalty when Novo was through on goal. They made Rangers out to be in the class of AC Milan/Barcelona you name it. TBH. we were so P**** that we made it easy for them as we witnessed last night.

What also gets my back up is that they all think that the OF are playing in the Serie A and not the SPL with a few teams that can take a point or two off each other. Now I know it would be great to win the league but it is hardly anything to get excited about especially when your so called media are quick to slate other clubs. Lets see how well they would do should they play in the premiership, not so well I don't think.

Just watched the game...the first half was bloody awfull - remided me of our cup game against the huns a few weeks back.

Rangers were good I have to admit, the played like they play away from home in Europe - remember they ripped Lyon apart too! Nade was really stupid and lucky to stay on the pitch for his kick out at Weir, how Ferguson gets away with so much is beyond belief & the first goal shouldnt have counted, your lad got taken out from behind just before they scored.

If Rangers had continued to play we would have been horsed by 6 or 7. They took the foot off the gass and toyed with us for the last 20 minutes.

They're a poor Rangers side but they hunt in packs and get the breaks because they work like feck.

We are a poor Hearts side who don't hunt in packs and don't get the breaks because we have a bunch off lazy wasters.

Absolutely no effort yesterday and that to me was the worst part of it. I can take getting beat 4 nil if we burst our guts and made the effort but far too many of those players didn't bother.

Rangers are a well organised, hard working side with very few superstars but we made them look like a team of superstars. Kirk Broadfoot looked like Ronaldo up against Jose.

If Rangers had continued to play we would have been horsed by 6 or 7. They took the foot off the gass and toyed with us for the last 20 minutes.

They're a poor Rangers side but they hunt in packs and get the breaks because they work like feck.

We are a poor Hearts side who don't hunt in packs and don't get the breaks because we have a bunch off lazy wasters.

Absolutely no effort yesterday and that to me was the worst part of it. I can take getting beat 4 nil if we burst our guts and made the effort but far too many of those players didn't bother.

Rangers are a well organised, hard working side with very few superstars but we made them look like a team of superstars. Kirk Broadfoot looked like Ronaldo up against Jose.

You have definitely taken that too far mate:hae36:

i really don't think so, all the goals were through errors in defence that they capitalised on, on another day that game could have been 0-0.

Aye...

You have definitely taken that too far mate:hae36:

I've caught a biggie. Must be a great white or even a sperm whale...;)

I love going fishing on kickback...LOL

The Romanovs can't afford players as good as Dailly.

I would loved to have seen guys like Dailly, Hughes, Naismith at Tynie, but who will want to come toTynie now after the way that Mad Vlad has been carrying on. Maybe thats why we have'nt got a manager

I thought Rangers were pretty good compared with the more recent Rangers teams.(The teams pre-Smith were much poorer) Their passing and ball retention was excellent. They were quick, fit and creative.

Whatever your opinion of how good Rangers are or how poor Hearts are there can be no arguement that there is currently a gulf in class between the two teams.

We might have made a bit more of a fight of it in midfield I suppose had Kingston and Stewart played but overall we are a long way off being able to compete with them

Don't think that Rangers were that impressive - the defending from us for the 2nd ,3rd and 4th goals in particular was unbelievably bad. I hate it when you are sitting in the stand and you can see a player like Novo unmarked in the box waiting to score yet the defenders in the box seem completely oblivious to his presence.

I still can't quite believe how badly we played last night - the players should be absolutely ashamed of themselves. There again, so many of the current squad are nowhere near good enough for Hearts in the first place.

Were Hearts that bad is the real question!

Not ONE shot at Goal in the entire match!

Not ONE Creative player in the team!

Rangers forwards left completely unmarked by the defence!

Hearts not able to complete the most simple of passes!

We were SECOND to every loose ball!

No Pride or passion! we were forced to listen to a couple of thousand rangers supporters taunt us and our team, and still NO fightback!

Finally, our players to a man - were lacking in the most simple skills - is it any wonder we were humiliated?

Archived