Twitter

Moriarty

Geoff Kilpatrick

I joined to see what the fuss was about.

That was months ago and I still don't understand it.

" I went to the shops "

" I am now having my lunch "

" I am now washing the dishes "

" I am now sticking my head in the oven "

Sterling Archer

I use it and I'm not a bellend.

I don't actually "tweet" anything as who gives a **** what I've been up to. I follow IGN and some NFL writers and it's good for keeping up to date with news.

Does anyone actually use it?

For total bellends and celebrities IMO.

:santa1: I wouldn't go that far, but I don't see any reason to use it or even muster up any interest in it. Each to their own though...

Does anyone actually use it?

For total bellends and celebrities IMO.

Is this you testing the water to see if its acceptable to twitter because you're never off it?

We won't judge.............honest :smiliz65:

The Mighty Thor

I've never understood the need to tell everyone what you are up to in your life, in 140 characters of course.

No one gives a feck.

Have we become so celebrity obsessed that people will log on to twitter to see if Jordan's had a dump this morning yet?

Facebook's just as bad. People updating their status every 5 minutes. 'XXXXX is sad'......Too fecking right he/she is.

Sterling Archer

Are we talking about people who actually "tweet" or those who use it like I do?

I still say I'm not a bellend

People who tweet rubbish IMO

I used it a fair bit a few months ago but I rarely use it now for status updates. I've found I can update my Twitter which will then automatically update Facebook for you with your tweet. Useful if you have friends on different sites etc.

Aside from that I just use it to catch up on newsfeeds.

this is acceptable IMO.

Sterling Archer
this is acceptable IMO.

Thank you, without the approval of the great JLP i may have had to hang myself.

It's a moronic, vacuous, embarrassing waste of time IMO. Which is why I'm on it. :santa4:

Hardly ever use it mind; but this morning, someone claiming to be Eggert Jonsson started following me. He isn't, of course; and unlike the fake Gary Caldwell page, his tweets aren't very funny either. :santa5:

Thank you, without the approval of the great JLP i may have had to hang myself.

you are more than welcome.

Sterling Archer
you are more than welcome.

I am of course kidding. I really don't like the thought of dying that way.

It'd have to be

revolver.jpg

Most people don't see the value of it. Clearly tweeting what you had for lunch is ridiculous, but if you want to share info with like minded people you can't beat it. The whole celebrity angle to it is marginal these days, it just feeds their egos.

It makes SkyNews' job a lot easier.

Anytime there's a celebrity story on: "Breaking News: Demi Moore says on her twitter..."

Wouldn't mind looking up her celebrity twitter.

Never been on it, JKB is more than enough time wasted for any of that other pish.

Wouldn't mind looking up her celebrity twitter.

Never been on it, JKB is more than enough time wasted for any of that other pish.

Yeah, me too.

twitter

thought it was part of the female body between the tw*t and the Shi**er

:laugh:

I suppose I can see the benefits for getting the latest info on what companies are up to and such. and maybe the odd interesting celeb. But if ,say your an average joe, and your tweeting every 20 minutes (like my mate) then you are abit of a pillock.

This thread stemmed from a argument down the pub btw. My mate thinks its acceptable to sit there on his iphone tweeting that hes having a vodka and coke. totally up his own arse imo.

What actually happens when you tw*t? Do your tw*t fans get a tw*t text or a tw*t email?

I've always wondered.

this_is_my_story
:laugh:

I suppose I can see the benefits for getting the latest info on what companies are up to and such. and maybe the odd interesting celeb. But if ,say your an average joe, and your tweeting every 20 minutes (like my mate) then you are abit of a pillock.

This thread stemmed from a argument down the pub btw. My mate thinks its acceptable to sit there on his iphone tweeting that hes having a vodka and coke. totally up his own arse imo.

See, that's the thing. Why wouldn't folk rather just have a bevvy and a blether in the pub rather than do something as utterly poofy as a twitter update?!

Get new mates Picard. :content:

See, that's the thing. Why wouldn't folk rather just have a bevvy and a blether in the pub rather than do something as utterly poofy as a twitter update?!

Get new mates Picard. :content:

noted :thumb:

I don't use Twitter but can't understand why people seem to have such a problem with it, if people like Tweeting and reading peoples updates good luck to them.

It's not exactly a million miles away from posting messages on kickback and reading threads ?

Archived