Fake Cigarettes

JAYEL

For smokers only.

:santa4:

Every shop in west Edinburgh now seem to passing of fake cigarettes as real and charging full whack.They all must be using the same cash and carry or supplier.

For the last year or so i have been buying packs of ten as i was fed up getting ripped off with fake twenty packs.

It now seems to be getting worse and really grinding my gears.

Because of the weather i bought 40 from a shop i have never used before in Sighthill and they were fake.

Someone then brought me 10 from another shop and they were fake aswell..The missus got ten of a different brand and they were the same identical fakes.

There are now only 2 shops in Sighthill where i can semi confidently buy my cigarettes.

Even my local shop at work in Haymarket are now selling this crap.

I smoke Regal King size and can tell in 2 seconds if they are fake or not.

I have sent many packets back to Imperial tobacco with the names and addresses the shops where i have purchased them.

Everytime i get sent more cigarettes with a letter apologising for lack of quality of their product but no statement that they were fake.

I was hoping they would investigate.

I had a wee look on the net today to see if i could find anyone else up in arms about this but found nothing.

Except this.......

http://news.scotsman.com/tobacco/Health-fears-as-fake-cigarettes.2588303.jp

Smoking is bad enough without this sh.t

Rant over.

:smiliz65:

Doctor FinnBarr
For smokers only.

:santa4:

Every shop in west Edinburgh now seem to passing of fake cigarettes as real and charging full whack.They all must be using the same cash and carry or supplier.

For the last year or so i have been buying packs of ten as i was fed up getting ripped off with fake twenty packs.

It now seems to be getting worse and really grinding my gears.

Because of the weather i bought 40 from a shop i have never used before in Sighthill and they were fake.

Someone then brought me 10 from another shop and they were fake aswell..The missus got ten of a different brand and they were the same identical fakes.

There are now only 2 shops in Sighthill where i can semi confidently buy my cigarettes.

Even my local shop at work in Haymarket are now selling this crap.

I smoke Regal King size and can tell in 2 seconds if they are fake or not.

I have sent many packets back to Imperial tobacco with the names and addresses the shops where i have purchased them.

Everytime i get sent more cigarettes with a letter apologising for lack of quality of their product but no statement that they were fake.

I was hoping they would investigate.

I had a wee look on the net today to see if i could find anyone else up in arms about this but found nothing.

Except this.......

http://news.scotsman.com/tobacco/Health-fears-as-fake-cigarettes.2588303.jp

Smoking is bad enough without this sh.t

Rant over.

We get it regular if we have to buy LB instead of JP Blue.

This is not a racist post but the shopkeepers doing it all seem to be one nationality, and its not Scottish!

This is not a racist post but the shopkeepers doing it all seem to be one nationality, and its not Scottish!

TBH i think it might be the cash n carry they all buy from is the problem.

I know they shouldn't but kids will be smoking these.

Picard the health problems are the same as 2004 or worse , who knows what they are putting in them now.

They now seem to be on sale in most shops.

Like it or not kids are smoking them FFS

It could be your kids ?

Era Macaroons

Im a Regal smoker as well, and have had to deal with the rip off.

For a number of years Ive refused to buy 20 RKS in corner shops, as they are never the real McCoy. I'd only ever buy 10 (was sure it was just 20 packs faked) or now just buy Regal Filter (the small ones).

how many times have you had an exchange like this.....

Me......10 Regal King Size please

Rip off Merchant....20?

Me.....no just 10

Rip off Merchant......Silence ......smiling at you......hand on 20 pack semi removed from shelf

Me....TEN!

I've left a corner shop buying nowt after the above exchange went 3 rounds!!

even Supermarkets cant be trusted 100% anymore, had a few dud packs from the previously unblemished suppliers.

S'pose the best solution is to give up the habit. :(

20060405143552.gif

just bombard the trading standards office until they get off their arse and look into it.... the rip off.... not their own arse.

how do you spot the snideys anyway?

Era Macaroons
TBH i think it might be the cash n carry they all buy from is the problem.

I know they shouldn't but kids will be smoking these.

Picard the health problems are the same as 2004 or worse , who knows what they are putting in them now.

They now seem to be on sale in most shops.

Like it or not kids are smoking them FFS

It could be your kids ?

I dont think they will be coming from a cash n carry

well other than stopping smoking,go to trading standard...

Nothing worse than smoking a fake ciggy..

I just get mines from the supermarkets and Ive stopped smoking certain brands cos of the amout of fakes there is

Era Macaroons
just bombard the trading standards office until they get off their arse and look into it.... the rip off.... not their own arse.

A few ways, ...

if the guy selling them is smiling,

if the head falls off,

if they burn down quickly,

if you end up with a head thats huge (should be no bigger than a snooker cue tip)

plus the rank taste.:santa5:

A few ways, ...

if the head falls off,

if you end up with a head thats huge (should be no bigger than a snooker cue tip)

cheers, i've had a few dodgy smokes. can you tell them from the packaging at all?

Era Macaroons
cheers, i've had a few dodgy smokes. can you tell them from the packaging at all?

not that im aware of, but there probably will be something to spot.:detective:

there was a fleeting moment when 'UK DUTY PAID' appeared on the back but it only took a few months for the fakers to change the pack as well to say the same.

The packaging is identical.

I took a packet back to a shop to complain and they guy grabbed it and pointed look look look they are real.

Aye right !!

You can only tell once you have opened the packet and start to smoke one.

I can tell from the feel of the filter and the smoke is just musty fresh air.

Its doing ma head in.

:santa5:

It used to be that the LB or Regal logo was embossed,dont know if this is still the case.

If you think they are duds,phone weights and measures to check it out.

not that im aware of, but there probably will be something to spot.:detective:

there was a fleeting moment when 'UK DUTY PAID' appeared on the back but it only took a few months for the fakers to change the pack as well to say the same.

The packaging is identical.

I took a packet back to a shop to complain and they guy grabbed it and pointed look look look they are real.

Aye right !!

You can only tell once you have opened the packet and start to smoke one.

I can tell from the feel of the filter and the smoke is just musty fresh air.

Its doing ma head in.

:santa5:

cheers fellow pariah smokers, i will be on the lookout.

may have to interrogate the local paper shop chap as to his supply chain.

could it just be the manufactures have let the quality slip?

you said youself they wrote back regarding quality of product and gave no mention to the issue of being fake.

could it just be the manufactures have let the quality slip?

you said youself they wrote back regarding quality of product and gave no mention to the issue of being fake.

Alan they are fake.

Maybe they didnt want to lose my custom who knows.

I used to buy mine from the same 2 shops until they went the same way.

Now its a 10 pack lottery.

:smiliz23:

English?

I'm a Regal smoker too and it's bloody nippy the amount of fake fags going around.:santa5:

no shop in my area is safe for real fags now unless you want to smoke some random brand.

Last time i left my fags at home i got stung for 20 fakes on Lothian Rd, It's true what people say about if the shop keeper is smiling and trying to up-sell its defo fake 20's.

I'm lucky enough to have a mate who travels to Dubai all the time so brings me back the real deal @ ?9.50 for 200 :santa4:

Tiberius Stinkfinger
cheers fellow pariah smokers, i will be on the lookout.

may have to interrogate the local paper shop chap as to his supply chain.

Victoleyman.

If your rotten old taste buds have dwindled to the point where you can't tell the difference between good and bad then why do you bother, smoking kills you know...........On second thoughts

On way to you now:

biz1.jpg

Victoleyman.

If your rotten old taste buds have dwindled to the point where you can't tell the difference between good and bad then why do you bother, smoking kills you know...........On second thoughts

On way to you now:

biz1.jpg

what??? a giant beehive?

Marlboro, from Tesco, never had a problem.

I did buy a case from a dodgy character for ?15 once. Never again, I couldn't smoke them, but they looked exactly like the real thing. I gave them all away to homeless dudes! (Is that a good thing?)

Era Macaroons
Marlboro, from Tesco, never had a problem.

I did buy a case from a dodgy character for ?15 once. Never again, I couldn't smoke them, but they looked exactly like the real thing. I gave them all away to homeless dudes! (Is that a good thing?)

I doubt youd get many complaints

Guest juvehearts

been going on for years.

come from china. they try & get away with if by going thru UPS, DHL, Frraud EX are their biggest suppliers.

customs at the airport for this kinda thing just dont care, theyre looking for explosives. like anyone wants to blow up edinburgh airport after their sucess at Glasgow lol

Well guys, the easy answer is staring you in the face!!

You could say the same for your husband.

Whenever there's a smoking thread you're always on acting like a right old Harpie.

Bomber Harris' Best Mate
Well guys, the easy answer is staring you in the face!!

correct, a half niddrie through the windae would be a good start and act as a warning

A few ways, ...

if the head falls off,

If you burst a filter off and look at the end where the baccy was the tip has wee black spots that stink. Probably the same wee black spots that you'll find on smokers lungs!

blondejamtart
You could say the same for your husband.

Whenever there's a smoking thread you're always on acting like a right old Harpie.

Jeez, chill out - you got nicotine withdrawal or something? It was a light-hearted throwaway remark, for christ's sake!:smiliz23:

Trading Standards constantly get complaints about fake cigarettes and, you may be surprised, 'do get off their arses' and take action. They work with both Revenue and Customs and the tobacco companies from whom they will try to get statements as to the authenticity of the fags. There are various ways to tell without opening the packaging but it does take an experienced Brand Authentication Officer from the tobacco companies to say for sure.

If anybody has any doubts about the fags they are smoking, Trading Standards are only too happy to investigate.

Archived