Attention Robert Johnson Fans

neave

Fopp are practically giving away 'The Complete Collection'. ?3, two disks, with alternative recordings of Ramblin' On My Mind, Kindhearted Woman Blues, Phonograph Blues, Come On In My Kitchen, Me and the Devil Blues and loads more.

?3!

Get involved.

Fopp are practically giving away 'The Complete Collection'. ?3, two disks, with alternative recordings of Ramblin' On My Mind, Kindhearted Woman Blues, Phonograph Blues, Come On In My Kitchen, Me and the Devil Blues and loads more.

?3!

Get involved.

I would rather sell my soul to the devil.

No, good shout, shame I won't be able to take advantage. Is it for a limited time?

I would rather sell my soul to the devil.

No, good shout, shame I won't be able to take advantage. Is it for a limited time?

Couldn't tell you, mate. It didn't appear to have any 'Sale' stuff attached to it.

Radge piece of business.

Couldn't tell you, mate. It didn't appear to have any 'Sale' stuff attached to it.

Radge piece of business.

Nae bother.

Who is the nww avatar?

I liked "prose not hoes" or whatever it was.

"Jesus H. Christ! What are you, some kind of writer? Do you think you're Mickey Spillane? You're not a writer, you're a fighter!"

Nae bother.

Who is the nww avatar?

I liked "prose not hoes" or whatever it was.

"Jesus H. Christ! What are you, some kind of writer? Do you think you're Mickey Spillane? You're not a writer, you're a fighter!"

Haha, 'Prose Before Hos' is getting a wee rest at the moment. Replaced by my new hero: Boxy Brown. (Watch Aqua Teen Hunger Force if you don't know what the **** I'm on about, although he's only in a few episodes)

You can get a 'Prose Before Hos' t-shirt. **** me, I want one.

Pretty much all Miles Davis' stuff is now a fiver too, btw.

Fopp owns.

A wee Christmas Holidays job at Fopp perchance?

Any Hearts stuff?

A wee Christmas Holidays job at Fopp perchance?

Any Hearts stuff?

Haha, I wish! Nah; I was just in yesterday to see what I could spend my money on.

You can't argue with 4 CDs for ?18. Thinking of going in again tomorrow.

Johanes de Silentio
Pretty much all Miles Davis' stuff is now a fiver too, btw.

Fopp owns.

Fopp does indeed own - pretty much my entire CD collection came out of Fopp, and I did all of my christmas shopping there in an hour, as I have done for the past 4 years!

Don't know how I missed the Robert Johnston thing - I'll have to get back in there!

:santa1:

Bought that album a few years back, everyone who is a music lover should have a Robert Johnson album.

His songs have more feeling, more soul than any of the absolute tripe which is in the charts today.

Incredible guitar player, singer and songwriter.

More influencial than any other artist in popluar music history imo.

Fopp does indeed own - pretty much my entire CD collection came out of Fopp, and I did all of my christmas shopping there in an hour, as I have done for the past 4 years!

Don't know how I missed the Robert Johnston thing - I'll have to get back in there!

:santa1:

I had to go hunting for it, mate. I'm assuming you're familiar with the store, but the blues/jazz section is upstairs just to the right of the steps, hidden away in a wee corner.

Although I seem to remember Robert Johnson being on display downstairs too.

Bought that album a few years back, everyone who is a music lover should have a Robert Johnson album.

His songs have more feeling, more soul than any of the absolute tripe which is in the charts today.

This.

**** it, I'm away to listen again.

Johanes de Silentio
I had to go hunting for it, mate. I'm assuming you're familiar with the store, but the blues/jazz section is upstairs just to the right of the steps, hidden away in a wee corner.

Nice one, mate - I must have had my head down looking for christmas cheese - I'll check that out - thanks!

Al. :santa1:

Johanes de Silentio

All true, mate! :santa1:

I got this album for ?3 in Fopp several months ago. Very rough, certainly no chance of "over-production" in this one. But my word, it's beautifully passionate stuff. Bearing in mind that this is music from the 1920s!

Fopp have been a bit hit and miss for me lately, I'm a fan of many kinds of music, primarily rock and metal. But I do like to mix it up a bit and Fopp are selling off a mountain of blues and jazz music for peanuts just now (well known names at that). I love that place.

?3!

Get involved.

A friend of mine made this excellent film on him. Well worth a look. Clips 2-4.

They have an end section to the left of the middle aisle downstairs with the said Rbt Johnson ,Howlin Wolf a couple of Blind Boys and loads more which they are indeed almost giving away.A large blues collection can be had for around ?25.

Working on Mrs X for circa ?550 to buy The Complete Motown Singles ,12 x 6CD boxsets with every thing recorded between 1959 - 1970.Comprehensive notes with each.

?3!

Get involved.

Got it a few weeks ago. Was in there again today and they have the entire Psychedelic Furs back catalogue at ?3 each. Made me want to buy them all over again. The first two albums in particular are awesome.

Archived