Still Game

scuj1

Seen it advertised for Hogmanay.

I thought the two of them fell out ages ago, hence no new Still Game or Chewin' The Fat?

They made up for the New Year or just the pay cheque?

Purchased series 1-5 for myself whilst xmas shopping , have been watching it all day.

the episode with the devil dug is a personal favourite.

Winston yelling at the neds and then his bus driving off is hilarious. "i must have drunk about a pint of its slabbers"

winston.jpg

AlphonseCapone

Is it possible for one to have produced it without the other, incorporating something into the story such as Victor is away on holiday? Or would they have 50% rights to it? Fair enough it would be pish poor likes with just one in it!

Purchased series 1-5 for myself whilst xmas shopping , have been watching it all day.

Forget about series 6?

It's a repeat of the episode where Winston gets stuck in the lift apparently.

Got the box set for Christmas and been watching a few episodes of it, forgot how good some of the earlier episodes were.

Winston yelling at the neds and then his bus driving off is hilarious. "i must have drunk about a pint of its slabbers"

winston.jpg

That is a funny episode , the one where their on the anti deppresant pills is a personal favourite.

That is a funny episode , the one where their on the anti deppresant pills is a personal favourite.

yeah that is good. the one where tam wins the mobility buggy in a bet is also class.

Still game is brilliant,i wish they would sort things out and make a new series but it looks highly unlikely.The episode when they get locked in Hyperdales is a classic,that said i dont think there was ever a bad episode.

Regal Kingston

F****** repeat on Hogmanay!

Doesn't really bother me as its very unlikely i'll be watching TV at New Year but for FFS! What is the license fee paying for these days?

The Christmas TV was ****e and Hogmanay doesn't look to be any better.

The BBC haven't shown one decent evening movie (or show)

And by the way Gavin & Stacey/Doctor Who are f****** baws.

They can whistle for their license money next year.

And dinny get me started on the BDO darts. They would be better to go down a boozer. That Adams boy (wearing Frank Butchers specs) thinks he's ****** of the north but he is playing against amateurs the beardy ****!

Phil Taylor would beat him with his left hand.

BBC GTF!

Private Hudson
F****** repeat on Hogmanay!

Doesn't really bother me as its very unlikely i'll be watching TV at New Year but for FFS! What is the license fee paying for these days?

The Christmas TV was ****e and Hogmanay doesn't look to be any better.

The BBC haven't shown one decent evening movie (or show)

And by the way Gavin & Stacey/Doctor Who are f****** baws.

They can whistle for their license money next year.

And dinny get me started on the BDO darts. They would be better to go down a boozer. That Adams boy (wearing Frank Butchers specs) thinks he's ****** of the north but he is playing against amateurs the beardy ****!

Phil Taylor would beat him with his left hand.

BBC GTF!

Top ranting! I had no idea the Still Game guys had fallen out with each other (living in Surrey so not headline news down here). What is it about?

Something to do with the production company I believe. They will kiss and make up and do another series when the money starts to run out !

Private Hudson
Something to do with the production company I believe. They will kiss and make up and do another series when the money starts to run out !

Thanks Kenbo. Just read something similar on IMDB.

Top ranting! I had no idea the Still Game guys had fallen out with each other (living in Surrey so not headline news down here). What is it about?

I think it was over money. This story makes a bit more sense of the situation:

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/2384778/Still-Game-comic-Ford-Kiernan-insists-he-has-no-feud-with-co-star-Paul-Riley.html

I worked with the Still Game director this year and he seemed to suggest that Greg is the creative one and Ford is more business minded and it had something to do with the budgets in their production company 'Effingee'...

Private Hudson
I think it was over money. This story makes a bit more sense of the situation:

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/2384778/Still-Game-comic-Ford-Kiernan-insists-he-has-no-feud-with-co-star-Paul-Riley.html

I worked with the Still Game director this year and he seemed to suggest that Greg is the creative one and Ford is more business minded and it had something to do with the budgets in their production company 'Effingee'...

Cheers Gershwin. Looks like a mountains and molehills job that the papers have bummed up to more than it was, as per.

winston.jpg

That is a classic.

The episode when Victor trips and pours a pot of pesh all over Jack is a personal favorite of mine :laugh:

Carl Fredrickson

My mate is a good friend of Paul Riley (they went to drama college together). Paul wanted more input into the writing side of things but the other 2 didnt think his writing was up to it (having watched Dear Green Place i would agree!)

The other two, according to Paul (who may be the source of a lot of the stories/rumours) fell out over money. He says the split was as amicable as a fall out can be.

The 3 of them arent as daft as some may think. Still Game was losing its appeal and rather than try to flog a dead horse they decided to try something else - once they realise that the grass aint greener, I imagine the 3 of them will get back together.

Archived