If Germany won the war

wibble

In 1946 Britain finally surrendered to Germany. Britain was bankrupt and many of her major cities and industries had been destroyed.

Over the next 10 years the Germans took full control. Those who didn't comply were taken away and most were never seen again. Tales leaked out of Peterhead jail being used for torture and the Germans were ruthless in making sure everyone knew who was boss.

Every family was affected in some way, shape or form. A brother or father killed. A sister or mother raped or killed. There was a strong resistance force, but they were massively outnumbered by the German troops and they were outgunned on a scale of 100-1.

You have grown up to the present day under German rule. There are German troops on every corner, most of what you buy is strictly rationed. The black-market flourishes and there are lots of power struggles going on between big gangs for control of what is not under strict German control. The clan system is back with a vengeance. You know that you are Scottish, but you can't quite grasp what that means. Does Scotland even exist any more? Is the land still there, but the country has gone?

Your family tell you stories of how proud a nation Scotland once was and how Britain was a great family of nations, but now it feels like you are simply a sweatshop for German industry. Your greatest hope is to stay alive and survive. You often worry about getting caught up in a gang fight or being wrongly arrested by the Germans. You work hard in a factory because the alternative is to get sent down the mines. The Scottish mines are dangerously dilapidated and hundreds die down the mines every year. The Germans want every last ounce of coal from pits that should have closed down years ago.

At work in the factory you meet a man who helps you a lot with your training. He invites you along to an underground meeting one day and that is where you meet the Scottish Resistance Army.

The SRA have been a thorn in the side of the Germans for decades now. They have made life very difficult for the Germans in so many ways. Blowing up goods trains and power plants, blockading roads and destroying bridges to key factories. The SRA are what keeps the spirit of Scotland alive. Blood and guts in the name of Scotland. Being a member of the SRA makes you feel like a modern day William Wallace or Robin Hood. A real rebel.

You get involved in a few small missions with the SRA and graduate up to the point of becoming a lead strategic operations guy. Bombings mostly.

Every time your team carry out an operation you daub a saltire somewhere nearby so that the people of Scotland know that their, now banned flag, is alive and well. You are doing what every true Scot would want you to do in the face of a very powerful enemy. You have never felt so truly Scottish in all your life. Someone at the SRA once showed a film called Braveheart. Although the lead character was some Aussie tosser you loved every minute of it. True Scottish fighting spirit against the system.

"FREEDOM"!!

http://wellbredinsolence.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/saltire.jpg[/i

What would it be like if the Germans had won the war? Would it have been like my story or would Scotland have jumped on the Jerry bandwagon and been queuing up to buy leder-hosen and bratwurst?

Hitler liked England/UK/Scotland and didn't want to go to war with them/us.

He counted on the UK NOT entering the war.

He had no real plan for invading the UK.

He hated the French because of what Versaillles did to Germany and how the greedy French profited from that. He hated Russians /Slavs/Poles - Slav = slave.

No need to say much about the poor Jews except no one knows why he hated them so much - he had Jewish blood in his family and he was known to have been mingling with Jews in Vienna in his youth while an artist . But then every country needs a scapegoat.

Who knows what may have happened. Certainly he knew all the prominent Jews who were on wanted lists. Otherwise ?

If it is meant to be then it's a piece of ****!!!

Romanticised nonsence that doesn't mention killing (deliberately) innocent civillians in the name of some so-called "God".

MJ, I have followed this forum for a few years now as I love HMFC without posting, usually because I can see both sides to a story and don't have strong enough views to engage in a serious debate, but your analogy (if that's what it's meant to be) is scraping the barrels of human decency.

Sounds like what a lot of Eastern European countries went through under Soviet rule. 20 years ago they all fell. Every totalitarian state crumbles in the end. A victorious Hitler might have ruled most of Europe for 30 years, the Third Reich for 50 or 100, but they would have to trade with other nations, they have to open their borders eventually.

As for hating Jews, I think a lot of people hated Jews, even reasonable, educated people. Jews have been scapegoats (deliberate metaphor employed) for 2,000 years, since you know who. The holocaust has provided Jews with a sympathy and tolerance they've never experienced in history.

I was reading some Voltaire quotes the other day and I was quite shocked at what he said about the Jews:

"The Jewish nation dares to display an irreconcilable hatred toward all nations, and revolts against all masters; always superstitious, always greedy for the well-being enjoyed by others, always barbarous — cringing in misfortune and insolent in prosperity".

"All of the other people have committed crimes, the Jews are the only ones who have boasted about committing them. They are, all of them, born with raging fanaticism in their hearts, just as the Bretons and the Germans are born with blond hair. I would not be in the least bit surprised if these people would not some day become deadly to the human race".

Mind you Voltaire also said "It is a serious question among them whether they [Africans] are descended from monkeys or whether the monkeys come from them. Our wise men have said that man was created in the image of God. Now here is a lovely image of the Divine Maker: a flat and black nose with little or hardly any intelligence. A time will doubtless come when these animals will know how to cultivate the land well, beautify their houses and gardens, and know the paths of the stars: one needs time for everything", so I'm not sure I'd trust the ignorant lunatic's opinion on anything.

I'm not sure I'd trust the ignorant lunatic's opinion on anything.

Same here.

But we'll defend to the death his right to say it. :whistling:

If Germany won the war, every new born baby would be speaking German and brainwashed into thinking the Nazis are our gods. Everyone else would be sent to concentration camps.

We'd be fecked. :santa3:

So how come Germans still speak German???

Becuase they're German. :santa1:

What would be the point in learning a whole new language when they've had German as their native tongue long before Hitler and the Nazi party took control?

No-one could be ersed doing that. :santa2:

If Germany won the war, every new born baby would be speaking German and brainwashed into thinking the Nazis are our gods. Everyone else would be sent to concentration camps.

We'd be fecked. :santa3:

But you said this..

Aye, I mean the Nazis would have made every new born baby in Britain speak German.

Then why didn't they do that in

Poland, Denmark, Norway, Belgium, Holland, France, Czechoslovakia etc, etc, etc?

Poland, Denmark, Norway, Belgium, Holland, France, Czechoslovakia etc, etc, etc?

Maybe they wanted to win the war before hand.

I'm sure Hitler would have had a long term plan for world domination - A Nazi run world.

My prediction is what I think Britain would be like today.

They did to an extent with Poland and the Czech lands as both (whole or part) were under German-speaking rule prior to Versailles. ie. Prague became Prag, Warsaw-Warschau, Poznan-Posen etc. German road signs were implemented while the German language was given priority in both schools and bureaucracy.

This summer I had the opportunity to visit the Museum of Occupation in Riga, Latvia, and the old KGB headquarters (including torture cells) in Vilnius, Lithuania. Very sobering indeed. Occupied by both the Germans and Russians at different times, the people in the Baltic countries suffered a great deal during the occupations. There was resistance, sometimes lasting a few years, but against the might of the occupying forces they had no chance.

To be honest, I don't know if I would join a resistance movement if the same happened to the UK (I would like to think I would but no-one really knows until the push comes to the shove and your life is actually on the line). However what I do have now is a tremendous appreciation for all those who had to live life under occupying forces in those countries. We have it so easy here in comparison.

southside1874

That was the war that has brought imperialism to an end. Its brought us globalisation. These central europeans have always fought for territory because they didn't have an empire. The onset of television helped the nazi propoganda that was fueled by the constraints that was put on them from the first world war.

Liberty and freedom...Does anyone think that is important? My grandad got out alive from Burma but it affected him in so many ways..he saw a lot of his friends die around him ..none of us have experienced what he did unless you are part of the forces.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Ah, but Northern Ireland would have been free. The Germans, like the Romans, wouldn't have bothered with Hibernia!

Ah, but Northern Ireland would have been free. The Germans, like the Romans, wouldn't have bothered with Hibernia!

I liked the Romans..I love Scotland to my core..Hibernia?? :santa1:

Geoff Kilpatrick
I liked the Romans..I love Scotland to my core..Hibernia?? :santa1:

Yeah, I know. Those wacky Romans...!:smiliz23:

Geoff Kilpatrick
They were harsh GK....granted but I respect them more than I ever have TB or GB.

Yeah, but what have the Romans ever done for us? :santa4:

They were harsh GK....granted but I respect them more than I ever have TB or GB.

You REALLY want to stop drinking Kit!! :smiliz23:

Your posts over the last few days/weeks have been BIZZARE to say the least!! :smiliz64:

Nah. At some point, the battle of the best breakfasts would have taken place followed by the Soda v Pumpernickel bread wars!!

Geoff Kilpatrick
Nah. At some point, the battle of the best breakfasts would have taken place followed by the Soda v Pumpernickel bread wars!!

No contest! The one thing I miss most out here is a proper Ulster Fry. :(

The Nazi's had a plan to run Britain but using the infrastructure we already had.

I.e. Councils would still be the same people but with a few Nazi's in charge.

Post office would still be the same people but with Nazi's in key positions ..etc

They would have rounded up minorities..etc and they even had a list of known artists and authors they would also round up.

chester copperpot
You REALLY want to stop drinking Kit!! :smiliz23:

Your posts over the last few days/weeks have been BIZZARE to say the least!! :smiliz64:

She's on the blob. :santa1:

The Nazi's had a plan to run Britain but using the infrastructure we already had.

I.e. Councils would still be the same people but with a few Nazi's in charge.

Post office would still be the same people but with Nazi's in key positions ..etc

They would have rounded up minorities..etc and they even had a list of known artists and authors they would also round up.

Heydrich had plans for Britain, watched a BBC documentry on it which said he had a list of politicians, religious leaders and aristoracy who would be dealt with. The programme said that the infrastructure would be kept but with NS in key positions and specific NS using specific buildings for offices and living in.

As we're on the subject, I'm currently in the process of writing a fantasy novel based in the future where a totaltarian government has taken power in Scotland. Mainly based in and around Edinburgh, I will be looking to get it published in 2011 or 2012. It's proving difficult to write, but is very interesting, if I don't say so myself.

Too many amature historians who have been reading pi$$ poor literature (or none at all) on this thread.

No contest! The one thing I miss most out here is a proper Ulster Fry. :(

Keep missing it if you want to live to be 60. :offtopic:

alwaysthereinspirit
In 1946 Britain finally surrendered to Germany. Britain was bankrupt and many of her major cities and industries had been destroyed.

Over the next 10 years the Germans took full control. Those who didn't comply were taken away and most were never seen again. Tales leaked out of Peterhead jail being used for torture and the Germans were ruthless in making sure everyone knew who was boss.

Every family was affected in some way, shape or form. A brother or father killed. A sister or mother raped or killed. There was a strong resistance force, but they were massively outnumbered by the German troops and they were outgunned on a scale of 100-1.

You have grown up to the present day under German rule. There are German troops on every corner, most of what you buy is strictly rationed. The black-market flourishes and there are lots of power struggles going on between big gangs for control of what is not under strict German control. The clan system is back with a vengeance. You know that you are Scottish, but you can't quite grasp what that means. Does Scotland even exist any more? Is the land still there, but the country has gone?

Your family tell you stories of how proud a nation Scotland once was and how Britain was a great family of nations, but now it feels like you are simply a sweatshop for German industry. Your greatest hope is to stay alive and survive. You often worry about getting caught up in a gang fight or being wrongly arrested by the Germans. You work hard in a factory because the alternative is to get sent down the mines. The Scottish mines are dangerously dilapidated and hundreds die down the mines every year. The Germans want every last ounce of coal from pits that should have closed down years ago.

At work in the factory you meet a man who helps you a lot with your training. He invites you along to an underground meeting one day and that is where you meet the Scottish Resistance Army.

The SRA have been a thorn in the side of the Germans for decades now. They have made life very difficult for the Germans in so many ways. Blowing up goods trains and power plants, blockading roads and destroying bridges to key factories. The SRA are what keeps the spirit of Scotland alive. Blood and guts in the name of Scotland. Being a member of the SRA makes you feel like a modern day William Wallace or Robin Hood. A real rebel.

You get involved in a few small missions with the SRA and graduate up to the point of becoming a lead strategic operations guy. Bombings mostly.

Every time your team carry out an operation you daub a saltire somewhere nearby so that the people of Scotland know that their, now banned flag, is alive and well. You are doing what every true Scot would want you to do in the face of a very powerful enemy. You have never felt so truly Scottish in all your life. Someone at the SRA once showed a film called Braveheart. Although the lead character was some Aussie tosser you loved every minute of it. True Scottish fighting spirit against the system.

"FREEDOM"!!

http://wellbredinsolence.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/saltire.jpg[/i

What would it be like if the Germans had won the war? Would it have been like my story or would Scotland have jumped on the Jerry bandwagon and been queuing up to buy leder-hosen and bratwurst?

Firstly, I would be a Bayern Munich supporter, I think.

Secondly, you'd be one of the first to disapear just because you cant shut up.:smiliz65:

alwaysthereinspirit
Maybe they wanted to win the war before hand.

I'm sure Hitler would have had a long term plan for world domination - A Nazi run world.

My prediction is what I think Britain would be like today.

Would Celtic and Rankgers still finish top two every season.:smiliz64:

Archived