Black ice. Everywhere!

Tazio

Well at least it is when you get off the main roads.

After driving my way out my Mums scheme like a very slow moving Finnish rally driver I was fine until I almost got home.

While driving around looking for a bloody parking space I was driving out a wee side street that has a dip between the side street and the street it goes onto. Little did I know that the dip was basically a puddle of solid ice.

It took a fairly embarrassing couple of minutes of increasingly sideways wheel spin before I managed to decimate the ice enough that I could get grip and carry on my way.

Still it seemed to amuse the bunch of people who decided to stop and watch me.

Bloody rear wheel drive.

Be careful out there people.

Well at least it is when you get off the main roads.

After driving my way out my Mums scheme like a very slow moving Finnish rally driver I was fine until I almost got home.

While driving around looking for a bloody parking space I was driving out a wee side street that has a dip between the side street and the street it goes onto. Little did I know that the dip was basically a puddle of solid ice.

It took a fairly embarrassing couple of minutes of increasingly sideways wheel spin before I managed to decimate the ice enough that I could get grip and carry on my way.

Still it seemed to amuse the bunch of people who decided to stop and watch me.

Bloody rear wheel drive.

Be careful out there people.

My car has rear wheel drive as well. A nightmare in these conditions. :smiliz23:

The Old Tolbooth
Indeed Taz. It was minus 6 at 9 o'clock on the Queensferry Road. Sidestreets were well dodgy. Was glad to get home.

I'm surprised you get enough speed up to skid, you drive like a girl :P

My Mrs is taking my car in the morning because it has "bigger tyres".:smiliz23:

There will no doubt me a formula which makes, Black Ice x Big Tyres x Woman Drivers = Big Spins.

maroonlegions

Well thank feck i have one more day off tomorrow , nothing like going your length in front of people.The mail must get through though but no safety boots can detect black ice.:smiliz23:

RoyalMail.gif

Archived