Band of brothers on blu ray

Lt.Speirs

Got this gem for my christmas and wow, transfer is fantastic, sound is great but i love the time line which scrolls across the bottom and gives you info on the guys what happened to them.

I have never seen the programme but, for ?17, what is there to lose??

It will be the best ?17 you will spend in a long time..

Dean Winchester
If you didn't cry at the last episode you're not a human being, IMO.

The second last is also totally acceptable.

Second last was the one that always got me. Truly harrowing to watch.

Quite simply the best depiction of WW2 I have seen though.

I managed to keep it together for the that one, but was bubbling away at the last episode.

Heartbreaking.

Craig-Section Z
Ha ha, you talked me in to it

There are few DVDs i would replace with Blue Ray, most i will just use the DVDs but there some that are more than good enough to be upgraded. BOB is defo one of them!!

?17 is a cracking price, how many episodes are there in the series?

10 episodes mate. All brilliant.

The only problem with the blu-ray box set is the series wasn't filmed in HD.

The best episode imo was #7. When Speirs has to take over the attack on Foy. What a run. No messing about with him. He was born in Edinburgh too.

Can't remember if it's the last or the second last episode, but the bit where one of the soldiers said he told his grandson he wasn't a hero as he came back from the war really makes you think about all they went through.

Can't remember if it's the last or the second last episode, but the bit where one of the soldiers said he told his grandson he wasn't a hero as he came back from the war really makes you think about all they went through.

Last episode.

I'm getting a lump in my throat just thinking about it.

marshallschunkychicken
?25 on blu-ray in HMV, but ?17 on play.com is brilliant. I may well have to get that.

?16.98 on Amazon.co.uk.

Ordered. :D

I'm really looking forward to the follow up series 'The Pacific' which is coming to Sky one at some point. A lot of the same creative team working on it so hopefully it can reach the same high standards

I managed to keep it together for the that one, but was bubbling away at the last episode.

Heartbreaking.

its been a while since i watched it. but whichever episode is the one where they go into the camp was pretty tough. got something in my eye at that point.

marshallschunkychicken
Yip got my copy...?18.14 with VAT!!

Mine was ?14.77 before VAT, ?16.98 after, according to my confirmation? :unsure:

Mine was ?14.77 before VAT, ?16.98 after, according to my confirmation? :unsure:

Mine too mate...?14.77 + ?1.24 P&P= ?16.01 + ?2.40 VAT = ?18.41...

Still cheap though!I'm not complaining, you got a good deal, if it's as good as people say it is I'll be happy...Haven't seen anything decent on the Telly for ages!! :santa1:

Just ordered it as well, It is the delivery charge that takes it up to ?18 if you dont select free delivery

Dean Winchester
its been a while since i watched it. but whichever episode is the one where they go into the camp was pretty tough. got something in my eye at that point.

Second last. Thats the scene I was on about. Hardest thing I've ever had to watch, god knows what it was like actually having to live through it.

Archived