Ultimate guide to dance music

Carl Weathers

That is an awesome site.. Have been playing on it for ages now

Ha ha hardcore Uproar!

Learning a lot here!

Some of the sample tracks are class....

The Hard Techno tracks FKY; Alpoto and Banditos; Walded - I'd class both of these as Hard Tek rather than hard techno purely as I think Hard Tek and Hard Techno have different sounds.

Both well worth a listen

As is the sample track on the Noizecore section by Venetian Snares (seen live in London - amazing!)

good site, but **** them, the music that came out of the progressive house scene is still up there with the best of it. all the Guerilla stuff (spooky, react 2 rhythm, william orbit etc...) still sounds tremendous today. Its typical crap from techno snobs who always turned their noses up at the progressive house scene.

Ironically I'd call myself more of a techno head these days than anything else, but i still love digging out the old northern exposures and jackpot albums etc.. to listen to as the music is incredible.

Carl Weathers
good site, but **** them, the music that came out of the progressive house scene is still up there with the best of it. all the Guerilla stuff (spooky, react 2 rhythm, william orbit etc...) still sounds tremendous today. Its typical crap from techno snobs who always turned their noses up at the progressive house scene.

Ironically I'd call myself more of a techno head these days than anything else, but i still love digging out the old northern exposures and jackpot albums etc.. to listen to as the music is incredible.

Yeah, totally agree. I've had some of the best nights of my life at Progressive nights. Nick Warren, Sasha, Deep Dish, John Digweed etc.

It's changed now though and what was Progressive house is pretty much become tech house these days. Going by what's available on beatport anyway...

I'm more of a chillout/down tempo connoisseur these days, although I still fire up the decks every now and then.

Carl Weathers

FFS - the guy destroys Progressive Breaks and then puts tremendous tracks down. What a goon!

Pretty cool site though, apart from his prejudices. :laugh:

used to love prog breaks as well, got massivley in to it cause of jon lisle, good man and tremendous dj. used to love going to london every month for bedrock on the thursday night to see lisle & digweed in action around 2003/4. some of the rabbit in the moon stuff lisle used to pull out of the bag was incredible, never thought i'd hear that stuff in a club.

I agree as well, some of the best sets i've heard have been at progressive nights, seeing spooky live a few years ago at glade was up there. sasha & digweed at renaissance wild in the country back in about 2003 as well, played for 5 hours and the last hour was all the old renaissance classics, incredible night and an amazing venue.

still like to fire up the decks every now and then as well, stopped buying tunes a few years ago though, used to love finding out the tunes and buying them but i'd much rather just enjoy the night out these days.

Carl Weathers
used to love prog breaks as well, got massivley in to it cause of jon lisle, good man and tremendous dj. used to love going to london every month for bedrock on the thursday night to see lisle & digweed in action around 2003/4. some of the rabbit in the moon stuff lisle used to pull out of the bag was incredible, never thought i'd hear that stuff in a club.

I agree as well, some of the best sets i've heard have been at progressive nights, seeing spooky live a few years ago at glade was up there. sasha & digweed at renaissance wild in the country back in about 2003 as well, played for 5 hours and the last hour was all the old renaissance classics, incredible night and an amazing venue.

still like to fire up the decks every now and then as well, stopped buying tunes a few years ago though, used to love finding out the tunes and buying them but i'd much rather just enjoy the night out these days.

Nice one mate - sounds like you know your stuff.

I haven't seen Jon Lisle live but have his Bedrock Originals cd.

The Prog breaks were big around 2003ish I think - Luke Chable, Nubreed etc.

aye, love lisles os2 cd, even got a wee mention in the sleve notes :santa1:

luke chable used to make quality tunes, hes completed disappeared now though, not heard anything from him in years.

Carl Weathers

Nice one - were you a dj yourself?

Just noticed that Kev Wright has a tack on that site - in the tribal techno section.

just a bedroom dj, never tried to do anything with it. got a few mates who used to run nights in edinburgh & glasgow though, so got to meet the occassional person.

kev wright used to be a tremendous dj, not heard from him in years though, sublime used to be a quality night.

Archived