Smoke alarms

southside1874

southside1874

Neighbours smoke alarm has been going off since Christmas eve. I've phoned the police and the council but they say they can't do anything.

The neighbour is away for a week.

I'm not wanting to knock his door down.

Any ideas anyone. its driving everyone mad.

:santa5:

Bomber Harris' Best Mate
Neighbours smoke alarm has been going off since Christmas eve. I've phoned the police and the council but they say they can't do anything.

The neighbour is away for a week.

I'm not wanting to knock his door down.

Any ideas anyone. its driving everyone mad.

:santa5:

phone the fire bridage, say their hoose is on fire - give it 10 mins and you should be sorted

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Launch a molo through the window alerting the fire brigade who will sort the problem out a.s.a.p.

MOLOTOV.jpg

southside1874
phone the fire bridage, say their hoose is on fire - give it 10 mins and you should be sorted

One of the neighbours tried that yesterday. They did turn up and looked through the letterbox. Waited 15 minutes and left.

I'm going to rip his head off when I see him.:santa5:

Man that would be nippy, having a smoke alarm going off for ages. Maby you should try one of the neighbours to see if they have a spare key to get inn and turn it off.

If that dont work, phone Scottish Gas and say thre a smell of gas coming from next door, they have they right to kick the door down if they suspect there a gas leak from that house..

Or you could just kick the door in your self!!

Man that would be nippy, having a smoke alarm going off for ages. Maby you should try one of the neighbours to see if they have a spare key to get inn and turn it off.

If that dont work, phone Scottish Gas and say thre a smell of gas coming from next door, they have they right to kick the door down if they suspect there a gas leak from that house..

Fire brigade have the right to gain entry if a fire is suspected. Would be the same with the gas leak as you've said above. However, if there's no smell of gas, or fire, then the faulty detector will only be left.

As said, one of the neighbours may have a spare key. Ask around and see if they can stop it.

It's S.G.N you phone for gas escapes not Scottish Gas. (That Scotland Gas Networks). The number is 0800 111 999. But they would need to be getting gas readings to kick the door in. Don't waste our time though with calls to non existent gas escapes. We are busy enough. How would you feel if there was an explosion that could have been attended by an engineer that was there.

It's S.G.N you phone for gas escapes not Scottish Gas. (That Scotland Gas Networks). The number is 0800 111 999. But they would need to be getting gas readings to kick the door in. Don't waste our time though with calls to non existent gas escapes. We are busy enough. How would you feel if there was an explosion that could have been attended by an engineer that was there.

Ok fair point.. Bad idea...

:santa1:

Could be a CO2 detector that's going off. Maybe best to tell the neighbour as soon as you see him.

A CO2 detector going off isn't like a smoke alarm. If its the battery it beeps once a minute. Still annoying though but next door wouldn't be affected with it.

Is there no way you can get in touch with the neighbour and ask if anyone has a spare key? Failing that kick the door in!

southside1874

The council came to the rescue. Done the door and put new locks on. Its not the first time the guys done it so I think we got ****ed off with the guy.

He has a party in full flight just now and that I don't have a problem with as I'm partial to the odd noise, but an idiotic leave the fecking smokey on>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> words will be said. Thanks for all the advice though.

Archived