Velicka

Professor.Arturo

Professor.Arturo

If we manage to sign McLeod maybe Csaba/Vlad should look to resign Velicka. He's on loan to Bristol City, and its obvious he is not in Rangers future plans. Keep in mind Rangers finance problems, it might only take a token bid to get him back and I'm sure Rangers will be happy to offload him from their wage bill.

If McLeod is the goalscorer we are all hoping for, with Velicka alongside would be a pretty formidable front pairing without costing the club very much.

Take in mind that Handy Andy has a smashed knee and returned to de huns after something like 180 mins of football for Bristol City.

Professor.Arturo
Take in mind that Handy Andy has a smashed knee and returned to de huns after something like 180 mins of football for Bristol City.

Oops, I never knew that :santa5:

I liked him as a player - not the most cultured on the ball, but his strengths were when the ball was in the 18 yard box.

Thats the kind of player we need an 18 yard player with a decent touch.
steady now, two strikers in one window aren't you asking a bit much :o

Try 14 minutes of football for Bristol City.

Happy debut huh?

Think he would have done well in the Championship as well.

Guest juvehearts

it was actually 4:36 seconds actually

but was on the pitch for 11. mins.

subbed on at 63 mins. off at 74. outa that 11 mins. he played just under 5 mins. of football

Do you know if he touched the ball before his injury?

:santa3:

Not sure, I'll ask my city sources.

Shaun will know, for sure:santa1:

Expected to be out for up to a year from when he sustained his injury. Real shame for the guy. Not the greatest player ever but he scored a few goals for us. Unfortunately, he missed a few glorious chances in vital games when we really needed someone to find a finish. He was better than most of Vlad's lithuanian guys but nothing special really.

Expected to be out for up to a year from when he sustained his injury. Real shame for the guy. Not the greatest player ever but he scored a few goals for us. Unfortunately, he missed a few glorious chances in vital games when we really needed someone to find a finish. He was better than most of Vlad's lithuanian guys but nothing special really.

He did miss a few, but would also say he had a big game mentality - scored vital goals v Hibs, Rangers and the Tic.

Exactly my thoughts. I found him very frustrating at times..but not as frustrating as the current bunch of strikers I have to say. :smiliz21:

He did miss a few, but would also say he had a big game mentality - scored vital goals v Hibs, Rangers and the Tic.

I'd disagree with that. He did score against the big teams in the league but in the games that we really needed to win, he lost his nerve. His misses in the wee cup semi v the huns at hampden and away to motherwell in the scottish cup cost us dearly. Both were well inside the penalty area with only the goalie to beat and he fluffed them both. Our season died with those two misses.

I'd disagree with that. He did score against the big teams in the league but in the games that we really needed to win, he lost his nerve. His misses in the wee cup semi v the huns at hampden and away to motherwell in the scottish cup cost us dearly. Both were well inside the penalty area with only the goalie to beat and he fluffed them both. Our season died with those two misses.

They were two bad one, for sure.

Still, I would say that the home leg v Motherwell when we were two up holds up more than a Andy miss.

If I remember right, his double against Celtic was the reason we made the semi v Rangers? Might be wrong though as the years all seem to roll in to one these days.

I liked th guy. Limited, yup - missed his share, yup - but was more than capable of scoring.

They were two bad one, for sure.

Still, I would say that the home leg v Motherwell when we were two up holds up more than a Andy miss.

If I remember right, his double against Celtic was the reason we made the semi v Rangers? Might be wrong though as the years all seem to roll in to one these days.

I liked th guy. Limited, yup - missed his share, yup - but was more than capable of scoring.

You're right, it was his double against celtic that got us there. He came off the bench and got two. Probably my best memory of him playing for us. Audrey's miss at home to well in the cup when we were 2-0 up was also one of the worst misses i've ever seen from a hearts player. Audrey was pish though, i'd expect Andrius to have scored one of the two chances that would have kept our season alive, but he didn't. He was good in games where we had little to lose but when it came to the critical moment when we had some hope and expectation, he fell short.

You're right, it was his double against celtic that got us there. He came off the bench and got two. Probably my best memory of him playing for us. Audrey's miss at home to well in the cup when we were 2-0 up was also one of the worst misses i've ever seen from a hearts player. Audrey was pish though, i'd expect Andrius to have scored one of the two chances that would have kept our season alive, but he didn't. He was good in games where we had little to lose but when it came to the critical moment when we had some hope and expectation, he fell short.

You are a hard man to please, Cosa.

Still, good to see a football man with his standards.

Audrey had ability but lacked the physical and mental strength to do enough with it imo.

Audrey had ability but lacked the physical and mental strength to do enough with it imo.

He had a lovely lovely touch.

Started well at the club but as time went on his performances really dipped.

Indeed, I'm afraid you have to be prepared to fight for the chance to play in the SPL. He didn't like the rough stuff.

You are a hard man to please, Cosa.

Still, good to see a football man with his standards.

I'd rate him as better than Nade, Elliot, Mole, Pospisil and Glen, about as good as Kirk and not as good as Bednar, Janny or MDV. An average player in an average league.

I'd rate him as better than Nade, Elliot, Mole, Pospisil and Glen, about as good as Kirk and not as good as Bednar, Janny or MDV. An average player in an average league.

I would have him better than your first lot and better than Kirk, but agree on the last 3 names.

Its funny, but thinking back, to have Janny was ****ing nuts - his CV was awesome.

He was one of my least favourite hearts players ever. Would be better suited to girls football. His lack of composure cost us in many games.

He was one of my least favourite hearts players ever. Would be better suited to girls football. His lack of composure cost us in many games.

Started off really well but steadily got worse.Sadly he would create more than any of the midfield players we have today bar an inform Driver.Some of his link up play was great the first couple of months.

Francis Albert
steady now, two strikers in one window aren't you asking a bit much :o

... and with Csaba's one and only system only one striker would in any case ever be on the pitch at any one time. Velicka's stature has grown since he left. For most of the time at Hearts he was another Lithuanian huddie. Remember when he scored two at ER to bring us back from two down reading on here that "apart from the goals he did feck all".

alwaysthereinspirit

So are you saying with our history of signing crocks he's perfect for us.

Archived