Doctor Who

Moriarty

I thought it was quite good. John Simm in anything is very watchable, so him being in it again was a bonus. Throw in Bernard Cribbens, June Whitfield & the bloke that used to be a ballroom dancer in Hi De Hi & what more do you want?

New Years Day cannot come fast enough!

The Time Lords are coming back! Where have they been? What have they been doing? How did they escape the disaster of Galifree? Are they all mental and evil now? Can The Doctor and 7billion Masters defeat them? Will they grant The Doctor more than 13 incarnations, to keep the series going forever (place yer bets on that one)?

It is going to be superb television.

i flaming loved it!

i was squealing like a 2 year old and every 5 mins doing the same "what? wait? nooooooooo?!?"?" thing too.

i also cannot wait for the 2nd part, cos its been a belter so far!

regarding the time lords though, there has always been a corrupt part of them, and we know the doctor doesn't get along with them.

when they added timothy dalton into the mix i was really going mental hahhahahaahaha

I was going to watch it on catch up telly earlier, its not working at the moment. Wasnt happy :santa5:

I wont watch i when David Tennant leaves, the new guy aint easy on the eye...

I thought it was spec-flippin-tacular.

Easily the best Christmas special ever.

Cade, on the 13 regenerations thing, Matt Smith will be the 11th doctor, although there was a hint that William Hartnell wasn't his first generation...

Peter Cushing doesn't count apparently and I have a feeling that RTD said that he wasn't bothered about the 13 regenerations thing anyway. I think he's just ignoring that, but then he's not show runner anymore.

Anyway John Simm was awesome and Bernard Cribbens was great and David Tennant is a brilliant actor. I cannot wait for next Friday!

I was going to watch it on catch up telly earlier, its not working at the moment. Wasnt happy :santa5:

I wont watch i when David Tennant leaves, the new guy aint easy on the eye...

There's an interview with the new guy available online somewhere & he also does his this weird nervous thing with his hands, shaking them as he speaks. He'll be totally different but hopefully good too.

P.S. Those Ood things are really vile.

Won't be sorry to see the back of the period of Tennant/Russel T Davies. The whole concept has become celebrity obsesssed, flirting with gaydom and self-conscious politically-correct placement of black actors at every opportunity. Dr. Who himself has been accorded far too much human-like emotion and Tennant is playing it for laughs way too often.

The Torchwood (apart from that minx Welsh actress) and Sarah-Jane Adventures spin-offs have been risible too.

However, John Simm has played The Master brilliantly which is the only reason I'm tolerating these final episodes.

Thought it was terrible!

It's like they had no idea what to do so just said:

"Right, well time is kind of screwed so anything can happen. The Time Lords (who died) can come back..."

It was a poor mix between Harry Potter, Star Wars and Superman, added in with the 6 billion of the most annoying actor on the face of the Earth at the end...

Utterly brilliant.

Mixed emotions about the next Doc. My initial reaction is that he looks like Boris Johnson's younger brother. Not a good thing. However, I'm looking forward to Steven Moffat taking over fron RTD.

Still, I didn't really know much about David Tennant before either. Very sad to see him go, but roll on Jan 1st!!

ToadKiller Dog

I did enjoy it in parts as usual from Russel Davis , I agree with the post above that his writting often takes away from its good points with the celebrity stuff and the constant need to add in the nudge nudge wink wink ooh er missus carry on style gay joke .

What does stand out is the quality of the acting which is always good ,Tennent and Sims both work together well and old Cribbens is a legend and it may be the only thing i like Catherine Tate in .

The Time lords were always going to come back at some point the Daleks survived so why not them . The 7 billion Masters was a bit over the top ,but they have used the mind control of the population loads of time so maybe they are running out of ideas on that .

I think they spend too much time on earth in the big stories in some ways it has got a bit repetitive .

Moffat in my opinion has produced the best episodes so looking forward to him taking over .

RTD has been waiting to tell the story of the time war since he picked up the reins in 2005. I'm excited about how that'll play out. We've had hints about what happened and why The Doctor survived, but not the whole story, roll on Friday.

I agree with the comments about Stephen Moffat, he's written the best stories over the four seasons, I'm sure he'll be an excellent show runner and because of that I trust his casting of Matt Smith, although I'm not sure about the bow tie and the tweed jacket. A step back towards dressing The Doctor up to look like a clown ala Colin Baker/Sylvester McCoy, Doctor Who's darkest hour!

On another note, Karen Gillan is gorgeous.

karengillan.png

actually, looks like she needs fed doc :P

i'm totally with you on the fact moffat has written the best of the new stories, so i['m going to trust him on the casting, and really hope matt smith will do the business. he does however, have some huge shoes to fill so will definitely get a lot of feedback, good & bad i expect

RTD has been waiting to tell the story of the time war since he picked up the reins in 2005. I'm excited about how that'll play out. We've had hints about what happened and why The Doctor survived, but not the whole story, roll on Friday.

I agree with the comments about Stephen Moffat, he's written the best stories over the four seasons, I'm sure he'll be an excellent show runner and because of that I trust his casting of Matt Smith, although I'm not sure about the bow tie and the tweed jacket. A step back towards dressing The Doctor up to look like a clown ala Colin Baker/Sylvester McCoy, Doctor Who's darkest hour!

On another note, Karen Gillan is gorgeous.

karengillan.png

Bang to rights, Doc

I'll the give the new incumbert of the TARDIS a bit of time before I call a judgement on his portrayal. But I'm pretty sure I'd give the very pretty Karen Gillan as much time as she needs to get on my better side, probably I'll just end up watching her and sod the story.........

On a more general note I reckon the writer/producers will create a series of episodes which will stand as individual stories but within a longer story arc encompassing the whole series a la the BAD WOLF motif of the Chris Ecclestone period, lets hope it all works out and SM will takes along on another escapist roller-coaster.

Era Macaroons

Cade, on the 13 regenerations thing, Matt Smith will be the 11th doctor, although there was a hint that William Hartnell wasn't his first generation...

Peter Cushing doesn't count apparently and I have a feeling that RTD said that he wasn't bothered about the 13 regenerations thing anyway. I think he's just ignoring that, but then he's not show runner anymore.

Anyway John Simm was awesome and Bernard Cribbens was great and David Tennant is a brilliant actor. I cannot wait for next Friday!

Cybermen2.jpg

Era Macaroons

mind its a 2 parter....best yet to come

Archived