Urgent Help required....electric oven

Swanny17

Just last night, the timer on our electric oven (Whirlpool) has went on the blink and I am unable to set it to manual to allow the oven to switch on. Tried loads of engineers last night, without much luck. Hopefully one lad is coming this morning - he mentioned that the timer can be bypassed with a wee bit of re-wiring - is this something that is easy to do?

Basically, without our oven, our christmas is not going to happen.

I'm pleading to the heart strings of any oven engineers out there who can maybe help/advise me. If it's a simple task, I can try it myself.

If the guy doesn't show, I'll need to try something.

Please please help.

Miller Jambo 60
Just last night, the timer on our electric oven (Whirlpool) has went on the blink and I am unable to set it to manual to allow the oven to switch on. Tried loads of engineers last night, without much luck. Hopefully one lad is coming this morning - he mentioned that the timer can be bypassed with a wee bit of re-wiring - is this something that is easy to do?

Basically, without our oven, our christmas is not going to happen.

I'm pleading to the heart strings of any oven engineers out there who can maybe help/advise me. If it's a simple task, I can try it myself.

If the guy doesn't show, I'll need to try something.

Please please help.

Sure its just a case of taking the timer out the loop.

Should not be that diifficult.

Do you know any Electricians.

Doug.

Not sure of your model mate but the same thing happened to me and I had to press both timer buttons(left -right or up - down?) simultaneously and turn the dial to change the timer.

Give it a try and hopefully it works.

Not sure of your model mate but the same thing happened to me and I had to press both timer buttons(left -right or up - down?) simultaneously and turn the dial to change the timer.

Give it a try and hopefully it works.

The trouble is mate, one of the buttons is completely cream crackered, so can't be pressed in. It doesn't seem to connect to anything inside as it's just loose.

:(

i have a brand new one in my kitchen its replacing the one i have this now, the only thing wrong with the one this now is the buttons are a wee bit melted! If u know someone who can take it out then i could help you out! Oh im in the east of edinburgh!

Thanks for all the advice folks, the electrician has been and bypassed the timer so our oven now works.

I am sooooooo happy!

Thanks again everyone, and a merry christmas to you all!!!!

David

Salad it is then.

a shocking indictment on you that you have failed to offer the OP any advice... seeing as you pass yourself off as a jack-off-all-trades (low standard nail bender / cowboy spark).

may your turkey be boggin' lionheart(less).

Thanks for all the advice folks, the electrician has been and bypassed the timer so our oven now works.

I am sooooooo happy!

Thanks again everyone, and a merry christmas to you all!!!!

David

Glad to hear it's up and running mate, all the best. :santa1:

a shocking indictment on you that you have failed to offer the OP any advice... seeing as you pass yourself off as a jack-off-all-trades (low standard nail bender / cowboy spark).

may your turkey be boggin' lionheart(less).

Didn't want to rise to the bait mate, I wouldn't wish the last 24hrs I've had on anyone.

Glad to hear it's up and running mate, all the best. :santa1:

Thanks guys, very best wishes for the festive season.

Hope you and your families all have a great time.

Archived