Incident outside Jenners

Locky

Mate of mine said someone got hit by a bus pretty badly outside Jenners n Princes Street at about 6 o'clock anyone know if theres any truth in it.

I was coming home from Newington and two girls behind me were talking about someone getting hurt outside there. I was just eavesdropping but they said some guy ran over the road from the Princes mall place and got twatted.

Don't know much more, but the bus routes were running fine by 7ish so I guess it couldn't have been that bad if the streets were clear.

Say What Again
Mate of mine said someone got hit by a bus pretty badly outside Jenners n Princes Street at about 6 o'clock anyone know if theres any truth in it.

Don't know what exactly it was but something had definitely happened. The travel news on Radio Forth described it as 'a serious accident' on the corner of Princes Street and South St David Street.

i would have thought that the vast majority of bus hits could be described as pretty bad.

i would have thought that the vast majority of bus hits could be described as pretty bad.

I've been clipped a few times when pished and walked away fine. :smiliz64:

I've been clipped a few times when pished and walked away fine. :smiliz64:

i once got lightly brushed by a runaway juggernaut. never batted an eyelid.

i once got lightly brushed by a runaway juggernaut. never batted an eyelid.

Same. He aint **** without his momentum. :santa1:

juggernaut1.jpg

Had he been going fast enough. I might have received a minor flesh wound.

Same. He aint **** without his momentum. :santa1:

juggernaut1.jpg

Had he been going fast enough. I might have received a minor flesh wound.

not nearly as bad as being barely skiffed by a plummeting meteorite.

not nearly as bad as being barely skiffed by a plummeting meteorite.

I was once winged by Mars on it's solar orbit. Took off a bit of skin but no big deal. I just washed it in lemon juice and salt and i felt fine.

I was once winged by Mars on it's solar orbit. Took off a bit of skin but no big deal. I just washed it in lemon juice and salt and i felt fine.

ah but have you ever almost strayed beyond the event horizon of a lurking black hole and almost been devoured by the infinte gravitational forces and perhaps been instantly transported to another point in the universe... or indeed some other parallel universe as yet unknown?

taking the banter to an astronomical place.

ah but have you ever almost strayed beyond the event horizon of a lurking black hole and almost been devoured by the infinte gravitational forces and perhaps been instantly transported to another point in the universe... or indeed some other parallel universe as yet unknown?

More arsetronomical imo. :smiliz64:

I walked past about a yard away just as the 2nd ambulance arrived. There were 2 fire engines and some police too. Unbelievable how many sick people were standing staring trying to get a good look, had to barge my past whilst tutting loudly.

I could only see the bottom of the legs as I walked past and it looked like a young persons legs. But now that I think about it I could see no hysterical parents around so I could be wrong. When I came back out around 15 minutes later they had put sheets up around the victim and medics.

:laugh: Out of this world patter mate.

In answer to your question, yes. I was a bit pished after a christmas party. Never saw the black whole right infront of me and fell in(made a claim to National Accedent Helpline, but they were having none of it.) Long story short, I wake up in the Dunfermline park and ride with the imprint of a supernova when I closed my eyes.

No surprising someone got hit by a bus.People take a lot of chances running over Princess St.

It was just on the corner outside Jenners, the bus had taken a left turn. Dunno what street that is, I can never remember.

It was just on the corner outside Jenners, the bus had taken a left turn. Dunno what street that is, I can never remember.

South St David St i think.

Jambo for Life

Definitely true. I was on my way home at this town from uptown, and a few ambulances and fire engines flew past the bus, stopped and the bus was emptied. Supposedly the guy tried to dodge the buses, got caught under the bus and they can remove him. Nasty. :54:

Professor.Arturo

It was not a fatal one, if someone is killed the police close the whole road for several hours for investigations.

Some people are just idiots!! Do they believe themselves to be invincible? an empty bus weighs 13-14 tons, a fully loaded bus can be close to 18 tons! and in a collision of wills the pedestrian will never win.

It seems to me that some people think risking death to catch a bus is worthwhile, ffs people, there will be another one along in 5 or 10 minutes!

The Mighty Thor

So the moral of the story is that running out in front of a bus may be detrimental to your health?

Well i never.

It is quite sad to think that the tram line plan is for more people to be seriously injured and hurt when they are hit by the tram compared to the numbers injured by buses at the moment.

And of course whenever the tram does kill people the line will be closed down for several hours.

Bomber Harris' Best Mate
I remember some incidents outside Jenners after the Tom Hart memorial game. :smiliz23:

on the 4th day of christmas my true love gave to me

4 jenners windaes

maltese jambo
It is quite sad to think that the tram line plan is for more people to be seriously injured and hurt when they are hit by the tram compared to the numbers injured by buses at the moment.

And of course whenever the tram does kill people the line will be closed down for several hours.

Was in manchester a couple of weeks ago and was shocked how quiet the trams are, no warning and one suddenly pops up behind you...going to be A LOT more accidents in edinburgh soon.

Miller Jambo 60
on the 4th day of christmas my true love gave to me

4 jenners windaes

Tut Tut not PC .

Remember that day well:smiliz21:

Was in manchester a couple of weeks ago and was shocked how quiet the trams are, no warning and one suddenly pops up behind you...going to be A LOT more accidents in edinburgh soon.

You're glass is half full :santa4:

Bomber Harris' Best Mate
Was in manchester a couple of weeks ago and was shocked how quiet the trams are, no warning and one suddenly pops up behind you...going to be A LOT more accidents in leith sooner rather than later

that looks better

alwaysthereinspirit

I'm sure if Edinburgh corporation has anything to do with the trams they'll be much noisier than the Manchester ones. Especially the ones being towed by big noisy tow trucks back to the knackers yard.

Anyone remember the Simpsons episode when Springfield got the new mono-rail. That's what I envisage with the new trams.

Chaka Demus & pliers
It is quite sad to think that the tram line plan is for more people to be seriously injured and hurt when they are hit by the tram compared to the numbers injured by buses at the moment. /QUOTE]

What a crazy plan!

I can't believe there were no protests against this. They actually planned for that?!

The world has gone mad

Say What Again
What a crazy plan!

I can't believe there were no protests against this. They actually planned for that?!

The world has gone mad

:santa1:

Archived