Ryder Cup 2010 - Group Venue Ideas

Jambonairn

Hello folks!

Little help needed here but I am in charge of finding a suitable venue for a group of 10-12 lads for the Ryder Cup weekend in October this year. We are basically looking for some form of Cottage or Lodge that would accomodate a large number (although 2 seperate lodges is a possibility) for a long weekend.

Ideally the lodges will be within a resort including swimming pool, couple restaurants, bars etc. I'm looking for anywhere in Scotland.

The key element is that the lodges must have Sky Sports!!

Anyone been to similar type venues for Stags, birthdays, family get togethers??

All suggestions much appreciated.

JN

H98 - Thanks for the suggestion. 'I actually popped the question' to my wife on the banks of Loch Lomond (Cameron House) two years ago!!! It is a beautiful place and have been lucky enough to go back a couple times since.

In all honesty its probably too nice a location for the boys if you get my drift!! Certainly an option though.

Hello folks!

Little help needed here but I am in charge of finding a suitable venue for a group of 10-12 lads for the Ryder Cup weekend in October this year. We are basically looking for some form of Cottage or Lodge that would accomodate a large number (although 2 seperate lodges is a possibility) for a long weekend.

Ideally the lodges will be within a resort including swimming pool, couple restaurants, bars etc. I'm looking for anywhere in Scotland.

The key element is that the lodges must have Sky Sports!!

Anyone been to similar type venues for Stags, birthdays, family get togethers??

All suggestions much appreciated.

JN

There was a thread on here a few weeks back about the lodges at Piper Dam, near Dundee. They have a "Vegas" type lodge that sleeps about a dozen, complete with roulette table / poker table etc.

I P Knightley

There are plenty of webistes if you and your pals want to go cottaging.:o)

Where are you willing to travel to? I've used one for the family holidays that's called EnglishCountryCottages.co.uk or similar - Google will tell you. It has a great search facility starting with group size, date, must-have features etc.

Were looking for anywhere in Scotland to be honest but am after something a bit special - the Piper Dam lodges are just the ticket however unfortunately they dont have availability for the Vegas lodge for the weekend of the Ryder Cup.

H98 - Thanks for the suggestion. 'I actually popped the question' to my wife on the banks of Loch Lomond (Cameron House) two years ago!!! It is a beautiful place and have been lucky enough to go back a couple times since.

In all honesty its probably too nice a location for the boys if you get my drift!! Certainly an option though.

I know what you mean. They're not best pleased if things get a bit messy - unless you're a Rangers player of course and then nothing is too much trouble.

I've done a couple of anniversaries up there and I love it. Swans are a bit grumpy, though.

Crieff Hydro has lodges... bars,restaurants and lots of activities available,quadbiking,off-road,golf course,spa etc..

Not sure re the Sky Sports though

Archived