latop help

Taffin

Hard drive packed in on my laptop and with it only being about 15 months old I'm not too keen to shell out for a new one.

Is a new hard drive an uneconomical repair or any other suggestions?

cheers

Makes perfect sense if you aren't wanting to get a new laptop. Money considerations.

Someone I know needed a new hard drive on their 1 year old laptop the other week - it runs perfect again.

if you have the original CDs or DVDs you can fit a hard drive yourself and re-install the operating system.

there are different types of hard drive make sure you get the right one for your model.

Should be a piece of cake to replace. Unscrew the cover, slide one out slide the other in. As stated above, make sure it is compatible (maybe buy from manufacturer). Are you sure the original is dead?

I have found it always pays to get the 3 year repair for any reason warranty. Current laptop (Dell XPS M1530) is on 2nd hard drive, and 2nd screen (that was me dropping it!)

Cheers for the advice...yeh pretty sure it is the hard drive, same the happening that happened to my old desktop and it had to get a replacement.

Father Tiresias
Hard drive packed in on my laptop and with it only being about 15 months old I'm not too keen to shell out for a new one.

Is a new hard drive an uneconomical repair or any other suggestions?

cheers

Hard drive replacement is a doddle. Always worth trying eBay for a replacement.

Archived