Timothy Spall

jambogaz1968

how good an actor is he?

how many good progs has he been in ?

loads if u ask me .

very underated actor

the thread about auf wie..... pet made me think about the cast and this guy prob was the best in it .

the thread about auf wie..... pet made me think about the cast and this guy prob was the best in it .

Ahem,

Multi-talented.

I think his best performance is in the Mike Leigh film Secrets and Lies with Brenda Blethyn.

John

ill second that.

very funny programme

I'll third it!! Loved the scene when he eventually left home for the first time in years, as walked past neighbours houses there were balloons tied to a fence and a celebratory sign with "happy 30th nana"

it was like being in restalrig !!!

I think his best performance is in the Mike Leigh film Secrets and Lies with Brenda Blethyn.

John

What was the name of the play/film he was in about a photo library about to be taken over by a multi-national news agency?Brilliant.

Immense in The Street,Fantastic actor IMO

I'll third it!! Loved the scene when he eventually left home for the first time in years, as walked past neighbours houses there were balloons tied to a fence and a celebratory sign with "happy 30th nana"

it was like being in restalrig !!!

Or " i got a letter today " , " what you walked to the door yourself " , " Well i fancied a walk "

Johanes de Silentio

John

Beat me to it, John - some of the finest acting you will ever see in your life from the entire cast of 'Secrets & Lies', imo.

He has been in a lot more things than most people realise

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001758/

As said, very underrated by most.

I don't know why so many people seem to think that the marvellous Tim is underrated. Surely he's been one of our most popular and in demand actors for the past 20 years.

Or " i got a letter today " , " what you walked to the door yourself " , " Well i fancied a walk "

Even my wee laddie was laughing at that one.....:santa1:

I don't know why so many people seem to think that the marvellous Tim is underrated. Surely he's been one of our most popular and in demand actors for the past 20 years.

Quote from IMDB

Best known for his grimy, boorish, highly dysfunctional, often repugnant blue-collars particularly in Mike Leigh films.

Most likely why.

Not your Hollywood sterotype.

What was the name of the play/film he was in about a photo library about to be taken over by a multi-national news agency?Brilliant.

Immense in The Street,Fantastic actor IMO

You're thinking of 'Shooting the Past' Stephen Poliakoff's masterpiece of unhurried story telling, which also had the brilliant Edinburgh born actress Lindsay Duncan.

Tim Spall was also in another Poliakoff effort 'Perfect Strangers'.

Relatively unusual for Poliakoff to use the same actor in more than one of his films, so he must think of him highly.

Archived