Plod stopping people outside Sloans

Bomber Harris' Best Mate

Just to say if you were on the lash last night or had a few this morning take another route

Or dont drink and drive may be best advice.

Plod was stopping innocent workers going into Edinburgh Park the other morning.

On a brighter note, plod has arrested Darren Day for alleged drink driving following an alleged crash in Manor Place. He's also had his Merc impounded. :santa4:

Bomber Harris' Best Mate

On a brighter note, plod has arrested Darren Day for alleged drink driving following an alleged crash in Manor Place. He's also had his Merc impounded. :santa4:

he looked blootered, in these circumstances that's fine

but if you've only had a few or been out for a sesh the night before it's a bit off - it's not liked you drove home from the boozer is it

Texting while driving is more dangerous than driving after a pint or two too many. I'm not talking about being nuggets here, just slightly over.

Bomber Harris' Best Mate
Texting while driving is more dangerous than driving after a pint or two too many. I'm not talking about being nuggets here, just slightly over.

agreed, I shouldn't even be posting on here using my iPhone whilst I'm driving

at least you try to concentrate when you're bladdered

chester copperpot

at least you try to concentrate when you're bladdered

:laugh:

This thread will have the plod on here seething with rage.

Incidentally, I miss the annual panic of driving past a polis car the following morning after having a fair few the night before at this time of year.

The relief once you get past them is great.

:smiliz21: :smiliz21: :smiliz21: :smiliz21: :smiliz21::smiliz23:

Bomber Harris' Best Mate

Incidentally, I miss the annual panic of driving past a polis car the following morning after having a fair few the night before at this time of year.

The relief once you get past them is great.

agreed - even better if they stop you and you've not been out and you slur your words as they ask your name then watch their coupons as you get the all clear

chester copperpot
agreed - even better if they stop you and you've not been out and you slur your words as they ask your name then watch their coupons as you get the all clear

Why is it that i dont like Darren Day..? Never ever liked him,not sure why.Maybe reminds me of john Leslie....:santa5:

chester copperpot
Why is it that i dont like Darren Day..? Never ever liked him,not sure why.Maybe reminds me of john Leslie....:santa5:

One noticable difference though. As far as I am led to believe, one of them did not have to force women to have sex with him (allegedly).

I've been breath tested four times over the years - all of them negative. What gets on my tattie is the way they speak down to you even before you've done the test. And they're not even apologetic when they have the gut-wrenching disappointment of you not "blowing a red". :santa1:

Bomber Harris' Best Mate
One noticable difference though. As far as I am led to believe, one of them did not have to force women to have sex with him (allegedly).

on a similar note, guy says to his wife "do you want to play the rape game" - "no" she said - "that's the f****n' spirit" he says

chester copperpot
Some of the attitudes here are shocking.

Seriously man, do you reckon we're being serious. BHBM and Therapist are 2 of the biggest law abiding citizens you are ever likely to meet.

It's the coppers that are bent. :santa1:

I guess it wont make those who have lost loves ones to drivers over the limit wont be too happy either

There is no circumstance which can justify driving your car over the limit, even just by a couple, although I'm not surprised to see it dismissed on here as a triviality.

on a similar note, guy says to his wife "do you want to play the rape game" - "no" she said - "that's the f****n' spirit" he says

Quality.

Miller Jambo 60
Quality.

One good thing about being off the drink, i know im defo ok for driving.

Still think anyone who drives, even with 2 pints is being silly.

You need your wits about you with the ammount of aerses on the road.

Some dont need a drink to be dangerous at driving.

Its just natural.

Doug.

Mrs McL got stopped and breathalysed this morning at Nether Liberton on the way back from her Xmas night out. She was fine but somewhat concerned when they flashed their lights and stopped her a second time...she had left her gloves in the police car. :santa1:

They are going right overboard this year. There was a couple of them standing by the side of the road with a speed gun up near Broomhouse yesterday.

Therapist has blown a few reds in his time I've heard.

Fortunately, not this one... :santa1:

she had left her gloves in the police car. :santa1:

You sure she wasn't a trifle merry? :smiliz23:

Walt - shut it. You too Seats and Red. :smiliz64:

Bomber Harris' Best Mate
Mrs McL got stopped and breathalysed this morning at Nether Liberton on the way back from her Xmas night out. She was fine but somewhat concerned when they flashed their lights and stopped her a second time...she had left her gloves in the police car. :santa1:

waste of a night out Dave

jambos are go!

These measures like speed cameras are as much if not more about detering people from drinking and driving as much as catching offenders. Pretty sure this thread stopped a few drivers going out and it certainly wont have provoked all but the mad from venturing forth. Given that the Police want to deter then I think they will be pleased to see this thread instead of being mad about it.

One of my old man's mates got in his car after 4 pints, rolled it into a field and left behind a wife and three kids.

Whilst I've never driven when I've been over the limit, there's been a few times I've driven after 1 pint and I can clearly notice the difference in control I have over the car. I'd be far too scared to get in the car after any more than that.

Anyone who thinks it's OK to drive over the limit is nuts and if anyone is doing it I hope the coppers catch them.

I've been breath tested four times over the years - all of them negative. What gets on my tattie is the way they speak down to you even before you've done the test. And they're not even apologetic when they have the gut-wrenching disappointment of you not "blowing a red". :santa1:

A few years back I was driving back from Glasgow, and although the fuel warning light was on I mistakenly thought I could make it back home. When I approached the Newbridge Roundabout the car became a bit sluggish, and it ground to a halt, just before the slot in the road at Ratho. There was a police car behind me who stopped the traffic and helped me to push the car into the insert of the road. Was breathalysed and given a lecture about being irresponsible in having insufficient fuel. They then run me to that garage on the way to Broxburn to get a container. As I was getting out their car I thanked them, adding I would only be a few minutes, anticipating they would give me a lift back. It wasn’t so much there refusal but the impart of the response which more or less indicated in no uncertain terms where to go. I had to trudge back and forward twice in the rain but on reflection I suppose I should have been grateful for the lift. What really took me aback, was their complete turnaround in attitude from initially being helpful, to more or less telling me to take a flying feck.

Yeah, they stopped me about half ten this morning.

Tested all my lights and kicked the tyres etc.

Glad I changed the headlight bulb the other day!

Miller Jambo 60
Yeah, they stopped me about half ten this morning.

Tested all my lights and kicked the tyres etc.

Glad I changed the headlight bulb the other day!

Take it they never searched the boot BB.:smiliz23:

One good thing about being off the drink, i know im defo ok for driving.

Still think anyone who drives, even with 2 pints is being silly.

You need your wits about you with the ammount of aerses on the road.

Some dont need a drink to be dangerous at driving.

Its just natural.

Doug.

Your right.

If your now off the drink how about you come down to Selkirk tommorrow morning and pick me up for the fitba. Then take me home afterwards? If you can it means I can get plastered tonight. It would be really good if you could.......as if!

Miller Jambo 60
Your right.

If your now off the drink how about you come down to Selkirk tommorrow morning and pick me up for the fitba. Then take me home afterwards? If you can it means I can get plastered tonight. It would be really good if you could.......as if!

I like Selkirk to, got shopping the morn mate sorry:santa1:

My dads from Lilliesleaf.

I like Selkirk to, got shopping the morn mate sorry:santa1:

My dads from Lilliesleaf.

I knew you wouldn't. So I stopped drinking around 8 last night. I'd hate to be stopped and fail the breathalizer.

It was worth a try though!

Lilliesleaf's a nice village though. 2 really good pubs. Plough and Cross Keys. Now I fancy a pint!

Bomber Harris' Best Mate
they were outside the zoo this morning when i passed.Thank **** i wasnt stopped.

:santa1:

Towzer, morning after Friday night, course he was

I'm sure he could have answered that for himself (I note that he hasnt)

If the tragedy, pain and hurt that drink driving causes is to be visited on anyone this Christmas/New Year (as it undoubtedly will be) I hope its inflicted on someone like you, who thinks its a matter for macho bravado and banter and all a bit of a laugh really. You'll know doubt be able to take it in your stride far better than a totally innocent family will

jacqui_poster1.jpg

This is the same person

1120068095_9a98f2c45c.jpg

Two passengers in the car were killed at the scene and two were rescued.

Within minutes, the car caught fire. Jacqui was pinned in the front seat on the passenger side. She was burned over 60% of her body; no one thought she could survive. But Jacqui lived. Her hands were so badly burned that she no longer can use them. She lost her hair, her ears, her nose, her left eyelid and much of her vision. She has had more than 40 operations since the crash and has many more to go.

jacqui_poster1.jpg

This is the same person

1120068095_9a98f2c45c.jpg

Two passengers in the car were killed at the scene and two were rescued.

Within minutes, the car caught fire. Jacqui was pinned in the front seat on the passenger side. She was burned over 60% of her body; no one thought she could survive. But Jacqui lived. Her hands were so badly burned that she no longer can use them. She lost her hair, her ears, her nose, her left eyelid and much of her vision. She has had more than 40 operations since the crash and has many more to go.

Its just a couple of drinks over though mate. And breathalysing you the morning after a good bevvy. Thats hardly feckin fair is it ??

Its just a couple of drinks over though mate. And breathalysing you the morning after a good bevvy. Thats hardly feckin fair is it ??

Im sorry but thats not even funny as a joke, drink driving is not a joke, nether is driving the morning after.

Drink Driving is bad. Told my missus to get the bus the other day when i had my annual lads curry night out. This was at 12.30pm the next day. Even though I had say 8 or 9 pints the night before , wasnt risking it.

blondejamtart
Im sorry but thats not even funny as a joke, drink driving is not a joke, nether is driving the morning after.

Exactly - I'm sure all those on here who think it's funny would change their minds if they, or their loved ones, were injured or worse by someone who'd "just had a couple" or decided to take the chance and drive the morning after.

I'm sure he could have answered that for himself (I note that he hasnt)

If the tragedy, pain and hurt that drink driving causes is to be visited on anyone this Christmas/New Year (as it undoubtedly will be) I hope its inflicted on someone like you, who thinks its a matter for macho bravado and banter and all a bit of a laugh really. You'll know doubt be able to take it in your stride far better than a totally innocent family will

i guess i probably was.But we,ll never know will we.

Hope that answers your question.

I P Knightley
I've been breath tested four times over the years - all of them negative.

You must be a pretty poor driver to attract the attention of the rozzers so frequently while sober.

You must be a pretty poor driver to attract the attention of the rozzers so frequently while sober.

Speeding on his Vespa. :santa1:

Archived