Tipping The Postman

Radio Ga Ga

I had the same Postie for a good few years and always handed him a wee envelope and a couple of bottles of wine at Christmas, however, since the summer I have had numerous different postmen (and women) and my mail now arrives at various times of the day. (thank you Crozier !!)

Question is, do I tip the current incumbent or is tipping the Postie not done these days ?

I know there are a fair few Royal Mail employees on here and was wondering if you still stack your sack with goodies given at Christmas :santa1:

ArmiyaRomanova

We had a change of postie this year too, and then the same variable delivery times.

I usually do tip, but am not feeling particularly disposed to at the moment, with no fewer than six parcels two weeks or more overdue. I'm pretty sure it's not our postie's fault, but it's annoying as hell.

I don't tip anyone. They are simply doing their job.

Hear,hear and in some cases they are not even doing that,caught our postie a couple of times puting cards through the door saying there was no one in to deliver the parcel (which he clearly did not have), his comment always is "oh this is for yesterday when you were not in".

The Real Maroonblood
I had the same Postie for a good few years and always handed him a wee envelope and a couple of bottles of wine at Christmas, however, since the summer I have had numerous different postmen (and women) and my mail now arrives at various times of the day. (thank you Crozier !!)

Question is, do I tip the current incumbent or is tipping the Postie not done these days ?

I know there are a fair few Royal Mail employees on here and was wondering if you still stack your sack with goodies given at Christmas :santa1:

Would you tip the dustman or the checkout operator at your supermarket

for doing their job?

jambos are go!
Would you tip the dustman or the checkout operator at your supermarket

for doing their job?

I usually give the Dustmen some beer and have no problems with them taking everything I leave out. Used to tip postmen who delivered consistently before I left for work. No need now that I get all day delivery slots and a multitude of different postmen. I have no intention of tipping my e-mail provider!!

A Boy Named Crow

A tip is a show of appreciation for particularly good service. If you think you get particularly good service from Royal Mail, tell me where you live and I'll move there!!!

Marmeladent?rtchen

After 25 years of service the postman was about to retire. On his last day

he walked the same routine as he did for 25 years.

When he arrived at the first house the people gave him fishing gear and

wished him happy retirement. When he arrived at the second house the people

gave him camping gear and wished him happy retirement. When he arrived at

the third house a blond lady opened the door and invited him in. They went

upstairs and had dirty sex for about two hours. She then made him breakfast

and afterwards handed him a pound.

The postman was surprised, he asked: "Today you gave me the greatest sex I

had for years, and breakfast was nice, but what's with the one pound"?

The blond lady answered: "Last night, I was talking to my husband, I told

him that today was your last day, and asked what should we do? My husband

said: '**** the postman! Just give him a pound.' but adding breakfast was

my idea!"

:santa1:

The postie deserves feek all, he's doing what he's paid to do, and most do a **** job at that. I expect my 1st class mail in the morning and not some time after 3pm, and plus my old postie retired years ago who was a good man, alwas got a xmas card every year from my folks..

New postie gets feek all...

Oopsupsideyerheed

They should think themselves lucky they have a job!!

"Better than walking the streets"........Ill get my coat. :santa2:

After 25 years of service the postman was about to retire. On his last day

he walked the same routine as he did for 25 years.

When he arrived at the first house the people gave him fishing gear and

wished him happy retirement. When he arrived at the second house the people

gave him camping gear and wished him happy retirement. When he arrived at

the third house a blond lady opened the door and invited him in. They went

upstairs and had dirty sex for about two hours. She then made him breakfast

and afterwards handed him a pound.

The postman was surprised, he asked: "Today you gave me the greatest sex I

had for years, and breakfast was nice, but what's with the one pound"?

The blond lady answered: "Last night, I was talking to my husband, I told

him that today was your last day, and asked what should we do? My husband

said: '**** the postman! Just give him a pound.' but adding breakfast was

my idea!"

:santa1:

Ha ha ha good one!

Marmeladent?rtchen

I just cleared all the snow and ice off my drive way,,,,, thats yer tip postie!! :santa1:

Sadly looks like some more snow is rolling in from the north!!

Marmeladent?rtchen
I just cleared all the snow and ice off my drive way,,,,, thats yer tip postie!! :santa1:

Sadly looks like some more snow is rolling in from the north!!

Arse,,, its just started to snow all over my nice clean path!!

jamboinglasgow
Get more than a tip.

sadly they would not accept a tip as they prefer to post letters into each others letter boxes. If you know what I mean.

Miller Jambo 60
sadly they would not accept a tip as they prefer to post letters into each others letter boxes. If you know what I mean.

Could always watch:santa1:

Sterling Archer
Get more than a tip.

They could have the whole thing.

I don't mind tipping people in restaurants if I've received good service but the idea that you should pay a "service charge" if the service is poor is ridiculous.

I gave my postie a tip today. It wouldn't get him 20 B&H, but it's something. My brother and cousin were both posties and Boaby, our postie is a good lad.

Tip the paperboy instead. No way I would tip the postie I have to collect half my mail from the depot.

What he said. I spend more time up at the depot than ever. In previous years the postie knew to just leave it with the neighbours if we were out. the new postie doesn't bother his arse with that. No tip for him.

While I'm on - if a restaurant includes service charege in the bill, do you leave a quid for the waiter/waitress anyway?

Also, if service is not included, how much do you leave? I do 10% but the missus keeps nagging me to make it 15% cos thats what they do in the States.

Give posties feck all.

1st class mail at 4 in the afternoon

walking through my garden instead of using the path.

when i am clearly in the house ( 2 cars in the, drive lights on in the house) rather than chap the door when something doesnt fit through the letter box, i get a note to say they have returned it to the main post office. Or on the flip side squash the fecker through the letter box when it will clearly not fit.

Christ my 1 month old is better at fitting the correct blocks in the right holes then these people

go on strike for more money at the drop of a hat, the list could go on

I would happily watch.....

As for Blues and trouble, I remember them. Used to be mates with Davie who was in the band for a few years. Though I aint seen him in years sadly. Good bloke. Good band!

If our postie....

Could post things into our letterbox

Could come up to our door and check if we are in before leaving the red ticket in our letterbox

Could not lose our mail

I would consider giving him a tip. Given he cannot do the three, basic, things listed above, he will get nowt.

Archived