Driving Test In Bad Weather...

Sterling Archer

Sterling Archer

Realistically,

How bad does the weather need to be before they cancel a driving test? Anyone with any experience of sitting it when it's snowing etc?

Thanks in advance.

Miller Jambo 60
Realistically,

How bad does the weather need to be before they cancel a driving test? Anyone with any experience of sitting it when it's snowing etc?

Thanks in advance.[/quote

Doubt they would cancel unless it was really bad.

Good practice anyway.

The main roads are fine.

southside1874

Iasked that question when about to sit my test and the answer was how bad does the weather have to be before folk don't drive. You can't get a DL that says not to drive in heavy rain or snow......

I'd want to sit it if I was you. They will make allowances and even if you are a total wummin driver probably pass you.

Jambof3tornado

I sat my test in Elgin in 1991 and my emergency stop turned into a large skid that went on for about 80 yards due to 6 inches of snow being everywhere!!

I did keep the skid in a straight line which the examiner commented on!!!:santa1:

Needs to be bad for them to be cancelled.

Captain Canada

I used to be an instructor and had a few of my pupil's tests cancelled when the main roads were all fine but the side roads were deemed to be hazardous. A lot depends on whether the examiners feel that they have driving test routes available to them that don't pose any safety concerns. I remember haveing one test cancelled because of a bit of early morning frost, it was clear by the time we got to the centre but the examiners go out first thing to assess the routes and make their decision then about cancelling the tests that day,

I sat my test in february in bathgate, and the a lot of tests were being cancelled around that time when I thought the weather wasn't particularly bad, all the main roads were fine it was just the side streets that weren't completely clears.

As said above, it depends on how the examiners feel when they assess the routes. my driving instructor told me that if the corners of streets are covered with snow/ice then they will cancel it as you will not be able to see the curbs correctly and it will affect your manouvres.

I failed ONE of my tests as it was monsoon conditions and i didnt know how to put on the demister.....

Passed now tho...

InNothingWeTrust

They cancelled all the tests when we had the really bad fog this week according to my instructor. Hopefully the 7th January will be a nice day for my test, I've been waiting for two months already!

Archived