Allergies

The Merse

Anybody else allergic to things they really like?

I've recently discovered that I'm allergic to milk and I'm totally peeved as I fecking love the stuff and usually have about 2 pints of the stuff a day.

I'm gutted, feel like a junkie going on a detox!

Tuna, cucumber and mayonnaise. Never eaten any of them, and the very idea of it makes me feel sick.

Jambof3tornado

I am allergic to dogs and horses and have spent my entire life around these beasts!!!

Thanks the lord for antihistamines!!!:smiliz23:(that smilie looks like me after 5 mins near a horse!!)

Certain seafood can get my very painful stomach cramps so I can never order a full platter or anything along those lines.

Very annoying as I used to gouge on King Prawns whenever the opportunity arose.

InNothingWeTrust

Peanuts. I might like them, but I don't know what they taste like. I get this horrible feeling in my throat and then eventually boak if the trace is strong enough. It's starting to happen with seeds now as well, so I often struggle eating a bannana (yes, they do have tiny little black seeds in them), but am ok if I have a drink with it. I quite like bannanas.

Can't eat dark chocolate either as they have a strong trace of nuts. A lot of good chocolates have a very strong nut traces which ****es me off as all it means is their too lazy to clean their machines to get rid of the nut traces. I'm fine with Dairy Milk and Galaxy though.

blondejamtart

A lot of people claim to be "allergic" to things when they've simply got an intolerance to them. A real allergy can, in some cases, be life-threatening, but these days, you get people saying all the time, "oh I can't eat bread (or whatever) - I'm allergic to it". Unless you've had it medically confirmed, how do you know it's an allergy?

I'm not having a go at people with genuine allergies, by the way - my own daughter is allergic to a particular antibiotic, but I used to work beside a woman who claimed to be allergic to all sorts of foods, including all dairy products, yet used to sit at her desk stuffing her face with chocolate!

Archived