Don't buy a panasonic camera

wibble

http://apcmag.com/panasonic-blocks-cheap-generic-lumix-camera-batteries.htm

Panasonic are forcing you to buy replacement batteries from them. Don't get caught out.

I recently had a camera battery die on me and it was going to cost half the price of a new camera to get a replacement. 2 generic replacements and a free charger was $8 on ebay.

This is just a greedy company on the scam. Don't buy their cameras.

Please post this on other forums you use, as these companies need all the bad publicity that the public can generate for them.

I bought a Panasonic camera and it died, they caused such a fuss with replacing my, in warranty camera that it took months to sort and I got an inferior "replacement".

Don't buy Panasonic cameras. :)

http://apcmag.com/panasonic-blocks-cheap-generic-lumix-camera-batteries.htm

Panasonic are forcing you to buy replacement batteries from them. Don't get caught out.

I recently had a camera battery die on me and it was going to cost half the price of a new camera to get a replacement. 2 generic replacements and a free charger was $8 on ebay.

This is just a greedy company on the scam. Don't buy their cameras.

Please post this on other forums you use, as these companies need all the bad publicity that the public can generate for them.

I've got a lumix TZ6 and i love it. I'd be interested to know exactly when they brought in this technology, as i've been thinking of a replacement battery for backup and can't say i fancy paying their prices.

edit: GRRRRR! just been on google and found that they've built this into the firmware version i've got

Commander Harris

the worst company for locking you into proprietary peripherals and/or software formats are Apple.

Don't buy Apple.

I bought a Panasonic camera and it died, they caused such a fuss with replacing my, in warranty camera that it took months to sort and I got an inferior "replacement".

Don't buy Panasonic cameras. :)

you should've taken it back to the store you bought it from and demanded a refund. well within your rights

I have a couple of panasonic cameras and both are superb. I also have three batteries for each, bought from hong kong websites for a couple of quid. that work great. The new cameras are the ones affected (TZ7) But there are sites on ebay that have got past the software updates and these batteries cost very little. so would not be put off buying a panasonic because of this.

Archived