Play.com

Ivan Drago

Used play.com for the first time the other day and ordered a couple of things at the same time on Sunday, one was despatched on Tuesday, yet i'm still waiting on the other one getting despatched, is this normal? If so does anyone know when it should be getting sent roughly?

It depends, did you buy from play.com or from the 'new and used' section?

If you're getting it from a different seller than play.com itself, you're at the mercy of that company's despatch speed. I'm sure you'll be fine for Christmas (I'm guessing it's a present or something here...), though; these sort of companies will be working overtime to despatch on time to get positive rep.

Off topic got a parcel sent from London on saturday first class arrived today usually it would arrive monday post is so slow at this time of year.

It depends, did you buy from play.com or from the 'new and used' section?

If you're getting it from a different seller than play.com itself, you're at the mercy of that company's despatch speed. I'm sure you'll be fine for Christmas (I'm guessing it's a present or something here...), though; these sort of companies will be working overtime to despatch on time to get positive rep.

I think it was 'new', it was a sunday with a hangover though so **** knows if it was even Play I was on. It is indeed a present, but it's not for me so i'm not overly upset.

I texted my mate and he's in the same boat, must just be mental coz of Xmas.

Used play.com for the first time the other day and ordered a couple of things at the same time on Sunday, one was despatched on Tuesday, yet i'm still waiting on the other one getting despatched, is this normal? If so does anyone know when it should be getting sent roughly?

It is normal for it to be dispatched on different days... I ordered a few DVDs off their last week and some were sent out one day and then others were sent out the next day... They both arrived fairly quick though so nothing to get worried about :2thumbsup:

Off topic got a parcel sent from London on saturday first class arrived today usually it would arrive monday post is so slow at this time of year.

The EH4 office got 15,000 packets just today. Ye have gotta expect a wee delay this time of the year.

Generic Username
The EH4 office got 15,000 packets just today. Ye have gotta expect a wee delay this time of the year.

Not related to play.com but more the postie angle;

I got a "sorry you were out" slip at the weekend, on a Sunday to be precise. Am I seeing things or are the postie's busting a gut 7 days a week?

Drunkn_Munky_Nat

Play.com always despatch items seperately, ive used them for years and it doesnt matter whether u order 3 or 4 items each one comes individually.

Play usually mail from the Channel Islands which for some reason takes a while longer (Amazon use this method for some goods like DVDs for I believe some VAT beating scheme). Plus, although Play offer free postage, it is usually second class mail.

Well I got one of my items this morning, so It got sent on Tuesday and arrived on today. Still waiting on the other item to even get despatched though...

Archived