Watford put into administration.

scott_jambo

Geoff Kilpatrick

Not really. Appears the board have fallen out and one of the directors has called in a directors loan.

That's their promotion push over though.

Unbelievable.

Elton John, Reg Dwight, David Furnish, Brown Dirt Cowboy, Honky Cat, Renate Blauel, Captain Fantastic.....your boys took one hell of a financial beating. :santa1:

Not really. Appears the board have fallen out and one of the directors has called in a directors loan.

That's their promotion push over though.

...and the director is refusing to accept the money as it will be paid over a couple of weeks. On the surface this seems totally needless.

Elton John, Reg Dwight, David Furnish, Brown Dirt Cowboy, Honky Cat, Renate Blauel, Captain Fantastic.....your boys took one hell of a financial beating. :santa1:

Oh come on Therapist, you're letting your standard slips here!

No mention of Mhalky Mhackay?

Oh come on Therapist, you're letting your standard slips here!

No mention of Mhalky Mhackay?

I was sticking to things Elton-related. :smiliz21:

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

Niether here nor there about Watford but my uncle often tells the tale of a particularly memorable visit down there in the early 80's for Steve Sherwoods testemonial. Top weekend when Hearts went down there apparently

It's crazy. But on the face of things maybe the guy owed is trying to get the club at a knock down price?

Don't think so. Russo's always been a complete shyster, like Jack Petchey was before him. Nasty little ******s owning football clubs are ten-a-penny; and while another Kickbacker holds Aidy Boothroyd greatly responsible for their current state, it's Russo I blame. Watford fans have hated him for years.

Doctor FinnBarr
Niether here nor there about Watford but my uncle often tells the tale of a particularly memorable visit down there in the early 80's for Steve Sherwoods testemonial. Top weekend when Hearts went down there apparently

T'was a Tuesday night game, brilliant!

:santa1:

The Treasurer

Remember it well.

The locals couldn't believe how many fans had travelled down for a friendly on a Monday night and we were made very welcome in the supporters social club before and after the match.

They have a good loyal fan base (not in the Robbos sense :santa1:) who follow their local team rather than become glory hunters following some of the bigger London clubs.

Remember it well.

The locals couldn't believe how many fans had travelled down for a friendly on a Monday night and we were made very welcome in the supporters social club before and after the match.

They have a good loyal fan base (not in the Robbos sense :santa1:) who follow their local team rather than become glory hunters following some of the bigger London clubs.

Will never forget it!!!

Drove my car down full with Glasgow Branch. Cavalier, with Brian in the "boot"!!!

Good bevvy at lunch time but drank mugs of black coffee in Social Club after the game.

On the way home, just before leaving London, this idiot ran into the back of the car at a roundabout. Damage, but not enough to stop journey home.

Stopped by traffic police on M6, who saw the damage - car was stinking of booze from the rest and, of course, breathalysed - clear as a button, although my caffeine level must have been through the roof!!!

Did all the driving, up and down in one day. Not unusual then!!! Now I get knackered driving up to Glasgow and back!!!

You young whippersnappers, make the most of it while you've got "it"!!!

Isn't Sevvy at Watford? Any chance we could get him back on the cheap in Jan? :shuriken:

yeah, pretty sure he is there. He'll end up at Preston, they take decent scots at a loose end.

Doctor FinnBarr
Remember it well.

Was the Tuesday-we played DU at Tynie on the Monday-a draw I think.

:smiliz65:

The legacy of Aidy Boothroyd and the previous board:

Marlon King £40k pw

Danny ****tu £2m fee + £25k pw

Nathan Ellington £3.25m fee + £20k pw (he is still at the club and they cant give him away)

Matt Jackson £11k pw

Will Hoskins a nobody from Rotherham £1.2m combined fee + £10k pw

Mike Williamson £10k pw

Jobi McAnuff £2.5m + £11k pw

Other wastes of money Priskin Kabba Tommy Smith Ashikodi.

£8m had been raised to build the condenmed stand. This disappeared. The stand is still not built.

Boothroyd is a poor manager. He was like a kid in a sweet shop and wasted big money on mediocre players on long contracts. His initial achievement of getting them into the big time was impressive but he undid this good work and more afterwards. The board should not have sanctioned his spending as it has been completely wasted.

That is what has put Watford in the position they are in now. The board and the manager. I feel for MacKay because he is doing a marvellous job down there.

I'M IBRAHIM TALL
The legacy of Aidy Boothroyd and the previous board:

Marlon King £40k pw

Danny ****tu £2m fee + £25k pw

Nathan Ellington £3.25m fee + £20k pw (he is still at the club and they cant give him away)

Matt Jackson £11k pw

Will Hoskins a nobody from Rotherham £1.2m combined fee + £10k pw

Mike Williamson £10k pw

Jobi McAnuff £2.5m + £11k pw

Other wastes of money Priskin Kabba Tommy Smith Ashikodi.

£8m had been raised to build the condenmed stand. This disappeared. The stand is still not built.

Boothroyd is a poor manager. He was like a kid in a sweet shop and wasted big money on mediocre players on long contracts. His initial achievement of getting them into the big time was impressive but he undid this good work and more afterwards. The board should not have sanctioned his spending as it has been completely wasted.

That is what has put Watford in the position they are in now. The board and the manager. I feel for MacKay because he is doing a marvellous job down there.

I love the way Danny ****tu's name is automatically blanked out by the mods. Brilliant!!!

I love the way Danny ****tu's name is automatically blanked out by the mods. Brilliant!!!

I'm surprised Jobi's isn't. :santa1:

The Treasurer
Was the Tuesday-we played DU at Tynie on the Monday-a draw I think.

:smiliz65:

I stand corrected.

The memory aint what it used to be.

What's this thread about again? :smiliz23:

Archived