Flyglobespan in administration ( merged threads )

JWL

Only yesterday they were boasting about getting investment to maintain and expand the airline. Typical claptrap from a crap company.

I assume you have a booking? :smiliz23:

He's going to the upmarket resort that is......Magaluf. :smiliz64:

He's going to the upmarket resort that is......Magaluf. :smiliz64:

I once drove through it.... :smiliz21:

Hope he booked using a credit card. :smiliz23:

I once drove through it.... :smiliz21:

Last time I was there, I spent a week on JWL's stag do. :smiliz23: :smiliz23: :smiliz23:

Hope he booked using a credit card. :smiliz23:

Surely nobody would be stupid enough to book using any other method. :smiliz57:

Bummer - even fewer flights from Scotland to Turkey now! :(

Turkey's pretty fowl anyway. :peepwall:

Bomber Harris' Best Mate
Turkey's pretty fowl anyway. :peepwall:

flew with them to Athens for Hearts game

they weren't appreciative of us - maybe the 10 hours we spent in Stansted contributed to that

Next years plans for Turkey now screwed ! Thankfully not yet booked. :santa5:

I actually didnt mind FGS, flew with them on a few occasions and they never let me down.

Maybe Ryanair:smiliz23: will open up a new EDI - Dalaman route now ? :64:

Next years plans for Turkey now screwed ! Thankfully not yet booked. :santa5:

I actually didnt mind FGS, flew with them on a few occasions and they never let me down.

Maybe Ryanair:smiliz23: will open up a new EDI - Dalaman route now ? :64:

Ryanair have already jumped on the bandwagon and are offering 'rescue fares' for those who have booked FGS, so I can see them taking over the FGS routes that they don't already cover!

Oopsupsideyerheed
Im booked aswell for next year with them!!! Paid on credit card though, hopefully get it back!!!

Im in the same boat (pardon the pun).anyone know how to get money back if paid by cc??

Im in the same boat (pardon the pun).anyone know how to get money back if paid by cc??

Contact your Credit Card company and state that you are claiming a refund under S75 of The Consumer Credit Act 1974. The service provider is in breach of contract as they cannot supply you with the flight you booked with them as they have gone into administration. You will probably have to provide them with proof of this but you should have no problems getting your money refunded.

Guys,

Even if you did pay using a debit card (must be visa debit) ask your bank to do a visa chargeback. It's little known but insist on it.

You should get your money back, I did earlier this year when xcapewithus went t**ts up.

whatconsumer.co.uk/visa-debit-chargeback

Im booked aswell for next year with them!!! Paid on credit card though, hopefully get it back!!!

Me to. Already contacted my credit card company and wheels are in motion as I type.

As bad as the Irish bellend?

I just didn't like him. I should point out that used to work is actually a lot longer than just today!!

There goes the cheap holidays from Scotland, back to getting ripped off, and the Green mafia will be happy, also a lot of jobs down the swanny, not a good day

InNothingWeTrust

I'm quite lucky as my mates all bought their tickets outwards for our holiday (using a different airline each way - it's cheaper apparently), but I held back on mine as I'm going to my cousins wedding and will have to miss the first day and somehow get there from Guernsey! I would have booked it with my debit as well!

One of the news reports is saying that flyglobesham were owed ?35m by credit card handling companies?!?

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/news/Travellers-hit-as-Scottish-Flyglobespan.5918666.jp

I'm no finance whizz, but it seems ironic that the credit cards held onto the cash just in case the airline failed and the had to repay, but this is what caused the airline to collapse.

Don't know the true state of their finances, but the directors seemed to be turning the Company around and most recently posted a profit, albeit a year after they posted a ?19m loss.

With the info available in the press so far, I have some sympathy with the directors.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Listening to Wake Up To Money on the 5 Live iPlayer (Andy and Mickey present THE best programme on radio) and the administrator was on there. It sounds as if the credit card companies did contribute to administration now. Having said that, given that they were trying to refinance, it does suggest that they had immediate liabilities that this money would only have mitigated and administration was inevitable.

My lovely other half, me, my mate and his wife, booked our flight too Orlando with them coupla months ago. Know it's a bit late but was really uncomfy about flying with them, thought it'd be cause you had to pay for your drink or the costs added to hand luggage. Paid by credit card though so should be okay. Bummer is all the other companies are gonna bung their prices up to the hilt. Hence, I concur with the first thread 'Bollocks'.

I'm booked to fly Edinburgh-Rhodes with FlyThomasCook. However, I noticed when I booked that the flight number started with GSM.... which makes it FlyGlobespan. Phoned up Thomas Cook - and sure enough, they subcontract that flight to FlyGlobespan and now don't have a clue what will be happening.

There will be plenty others in the same boat as me that won't have noticed that it's not a Thomas Cook flight.

Darth Sidious

Mother in Law landed in Egypt yesterday. Was supposed to fly back on Christmas Eve. Hope she enjoys the walk back.

My parents were coming across from Tenerife flying Globespan, fortunatley they paid by credit card so thats fine. Even managed to get a flight from Ryanair this morning at not too bad a price considering the short notice (they fly Tuesday) and of course the Globespan situation

PresidentRomanov
Cheers for that, might get money back now. Anyway, flights re-booked with Ryanair to sunny Magaluf next May.

You could always trying going back in thime, and paying with your credit card :santa1:

Jambof3tornado
Mother in Law landed in Egypt yesterday. Was supposed to fly back on Christmas Eve. Hope she enjoys the walk back.

You lucky ba$tard. Wish it was my mother in law!!!:santa1:

Myself, Hughesie and Geogth all in Spain and were meant to be flying back with FGS on Saturday, had to re-book with Ryanair last night. Bollocks.

So the company that handles their credit card booking allegedly (according to the BBC) owes FGS ?30 million. How does that happen? 550 unlucky folk lose their jobs as a result - it is just not right.

So the company that handles their credit card booking allegedly (according to the BBC) owes FGS ?30 million. How does that happen? 550 unlucky folk lose their jobs as a result - it is just not right.

It's made up of two elements: around ?20m for flight tickets that have already been used, and a further ?14m or more for flights that were yet to take off.

E-Clear, the company which handled flyGlobespan's online transactions, was hanging on to ?14m of cash for tickets that had yet to be used.

But it was withholding ?20m for tickets that had been used - transactions which no longer carried any risk.

Its not only the people stranded abroad, although from a personal point of view that wouldn't be a great hassle, it is the 550 people made redundant 1 week before christmas I feel sorry for.

Geoff Kilpatrick

As I said above, it obviously didn't help but it would only have delayed the inevitable.

Archived