Two and a half men

Goose Baxter

Anyone else a fan off this? I have been recently watching a lot off this on comedy central and think it absolutely hilarious.

The characters in the programme are played really well, Charlie Sheen and and the wee boy Angus T Jones are amazing and crack me up. I wanted to check if there was a first series so went to do hmv and got the box-set for ?12 down from ?50 which was good.

Anyone else a fan off this? I have been recently watching a lot off this on comedy central and think it absolutely hilarious.

The characters in the programme are played really well, Charlie Sheen and and the wee boy Angus T Jones are amazing and crack me up. I wanted to check if there was a first series so went to do hmv and got the box-set for ?12 down from ?50 which was good.

Big fan, think it's hilarious. And there's always a hottie or two for eye candy!

On a side note - Jon Cryer (who plays Alan) also starred alongside Charlie Sheen in Hot Shots! as Jim Phauffenbauch

Just had a look on wiki and it says they are now going onto the 7th series!! here was me thinking i was watching the 2nd

Sterling Archer
Just had a look on wiki and it says they are now going onto the 7th series!! here was me thinking i was watching the 2nd

I download the 7th from the states on a tuesday morning and while it's funny. It's pretty similar to the first.

Of course this does mean that it's consistent and always provides a laugh.

alwaysthereinspirit

Watched the newest show the other night with my wife. The mother brought a date to the family christmas party in a wheelchair. The sons ask her in front of the old guy if she's bonking him.

"no I'm not, he's like a thousand years old. In fact I'm surprised his scrotum doesn't get caught in the wheels of the wheelchair" was her reply.

The show is great.

I can't believe I seem to be the only one who thinks it's utter garbage.

It's just not funny. The gags and punchlines are so, so obvious.

Big fan, think it's hilarious. And there's always a hottie or two for eye candy!

On a side note - Jon Cryer (who plays Alan) also starred alongside Charlie Sheen in Hot Shots! as Jim Phauffenbauch

65352645.jpg

I watch it every night, never fail to get a laugh. Has the one where the mother gets the botox and butt treatment been on yet, absolutely hilarious.

Was fantastic. However, i think it has lost it edge as the wee uker has grown up. Mind you, still good for some top quality ******!!!!!

A classic joke from the wee man.......

'Uncle Charlie if girls with big hooters work in Hooters, where do girls with one leg work?

Uncle Charlie - 'dunno'

Wee man 'IHOP'

:santa1:

I detest American sitcoms generally - I think this ones ok, no better than that though.

InNothingWeTrust

I pretty much watch anything on Comedy Central. While Two and a Half Men is quite funny, I think that most of the punch lines are set up in an unusual way. It's hard to explain what I'm talking about, but basically, when setting up a punch line, they would say something that nobody would ever really say, but they do, so they can get a punch line in. Basically, the script goes completely out of the way to accommodate a punch line, which makes it sound stupid.

Ye get me?

No?

I don't either.

I pretty much watch anything on Comedy Central. While Two and a Half Men is quite funny, I think that most of the punch lines are set up in an unusual way. It's hard to explain what I'm talking about, but basically, when setting up a punch line, they would say something that nobody would ever really say, but they do, so they can get a punch line in. Basically, the script goes completely out of the way to accommodate a punch line, which makes it sound stupid.

Ye get me?

No?

I don't either.

I think "contrived" was the word you were grasping at.:santa4:

I think "contrived" was the word you were grasping at.:santa4:

Got it in one word. Its paint by numbers.

Miller Jambo 60

Mate im the same, as my son never has it off ive tried but cant get in to it.

my son never has it off ive tried but cant get in to it.

And there is a set up for a punch line if I ever heard one.......

:santa4:

Archived