Miranda

CraigSN1

Yet another total failure of an attempt at a sitcom from the BBC. When was the last time we had a truly class sitcom for our license fee's? Perhaps gavin and Stacey has been the funniest thing to come from the BBC in years, it is slightly predicable and repetitive though.

Regal Kingston

Totally agree Miranda is pish. Gavin & Stacey should be a BBC3 comedy - It's success only highlights the shortcomings of the BBC comedy department. Don't get me wrong its ok and caters to wide audience but its extremely overrated.

The last BBC comedy sitcom I enjoyed was probably Saxendale.

Sterling Archer

shouldn't a licence fee be a bit like a sky subscription in that it's split into different packages and you pay for the ones you want. I have no desire to watch alot of the crap they put on, but like have I got news for you and some other shows and would pay for them.

Sexton Hardcastle

Since The Office and Extras its been horse. How the hell Two Pints still rumbles on is beyond me. Who actually watch that?

jambojackbilly

Auntie churns out so many guff sitcoms.They must be cheap to make and easy to repeat.

That monstrosity Miranda actually thinks she's funny.

I think it's University pals act.Some make in the Beeb and then employ old mates who they reckon they are funny and original when in reality

Most on here with a could write some tripe with a guarentee of at least one laugh in the half hour time slot and how nice it would be when rewarded handsomely.Great work if you can get it i say

The Thick Of It is the best comedy on TV at the moment by a few country miles.

Hopefully they make a new series.

Agreed. Top class.

I agree its a brilliant show, but a new series could be dodgy. With the tories looming large i'd expect they'd have to change the government in the show too and i don't know that would work. I'd love to be proven wrong.

Sterling Archer
Agreed. Top class.

Saw in the loop when it came out and just picked up the box set for the thick of it, loving it so far and Malcolm Tucker is just hilarious.

Regal Kingston
Saw in the loop when it came out and just picked up the box set for the thick of it, loving it so far and Malcolm Tucker is just hilarious.

Forgot about 'In the loop.'

An excellent programme - I really enjoyed the first two series but I missed the two episodes of the latest series and 'out of respect' have chosen to wait till its repeated or when/if I buy the DVD.

Forgot about 'In the loop.'

An excellent programme - I really enjoyed the first two series but I missed the two episodes of the latest series and 'out of respect' have chosen to wait till its repeated or when/if I buy the DVD.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/t/

Maximum disrespect to everyone who makes it, but you can get the whole series on catch-up here.

Disrespect; to the max.

This.

They left it open for another series at the end of episode 8, IMO (if that is the last episode of the series).

Chad Sexington

Correct.

Malcolm Tucker is ****ing awesome. :santa1:

ToadKiller Dog

This thread is going a bit like that Monty Python sketch in the "life of brian "

What have the beeb ever done for comedy ok what have they done lately ,well there is Gavin and Stacy ,well what else have they done lately?

What about "in the loop "

I know its not to everyone's taste but I'm sure I cant be alone amongst those of us with young kids to think that "Outnumbered" can be hilarious at times.

Written by the very funny Andy Hamilton, a lot of it is improvised on camera which makes for very realistic viewing as you genuinely feel that the parents are not quite sure what the kids are going to come out with next.

Probably a bit twee and suburban for the younger crowd on here but us 40-somethings like it.

GC

I know its not to everyone's taste but I'm sure I cant be alone amongst those of us with young kids to think that "Outnumbered" can be hilarious at times.

Written by the very funny Andy Hamilton, a lot of it is improvised on camera which makes for very realistic viewing as you genuinely feel that the parents are not quite sure what the kids are going to come out with next.

Probably a bit twee and suburban for the younger crowd on here but us 40-somethings like it.

GC

Very sweet posting lj. I have become fond of Poco Yo because it's what an 8-year-old Spanish boy's level of English stretches to. The Stephen Fry-Spain Axis.

Miranda is a throwback to the 1970s sitcom, with mugging to camera, studio audience, large element of farce and actors paraded in the end credits. It's been put on at a weak timeslot, it's clearly not aimed at under 30s and although a lot of the jokes and minor characters are weak and it's all terribly middle class, it's really all about Miranda Hart who appealingly takes the **** out of herself.

In general, I do agree that the quality of sitcoms has deteriorated. Recently, I've only really enjoyed The Thick of It, Peep Show, Not Going Out, Outnumbered and Green Wing.

GC

Quite agree. I nearly dropped my celery sticks and humous dip when I watched it.

Genuinely well-observed and written.

Say What Again

The first episode I ever saw of Outnumbered was when they were in the airport waiting to return from holiday.

It was the most I've genuinely laughed at a sitcom in a long, long time.

Very funny.

Siphiwe Tshabalala
Miranda is a throwback to the 1970s sitcom, with mugging to camera, studio audience, large element of farce and actors paraded in the end credits. It's been put on at a weak timeslot, it's clearly not aimed at under 30s and although a lot of the jokes and minor characters are weak and it's all terribly middle class, it's really all about Miranda Hart who appealingly takes the **** out of herself.

In general, I do agree that the quality of sitcoms has deteriorated. Recently, I've only really enjoyed The Thick of It, Peep Show, Not Going Out, Outnumbered and Green Wing.

Mirinda Hart was a cleaner in this.

They got rid of Not Going Out and gave her her own sit-com wtf.

Utter dross.

might be an age thing, I thought it wasn't awful but not good either. But my parents really liked it.

i'd go along with that. i was left very cold by it, it wasnt a dreadful show, just pretty twee and bland. it doesnt help that i'm genuinely more than a little repulsed by the lead character. my mum loved the however.

HMFCjamieHMFC
Mirinda Hart was a cleaner in this.

They got rid of Not Going Out and gave her her own sit-com wtf.

Utter dross.

Not Going Out is actual being renewed for a new series

I have watched a couple of Episodes of "Gary Tank Commander"...Not in "Only Fools......" league But, It did have a few laugh out loud moments!! :santa1:

I don't watch much TV to be Honest...You've probably noticed!! :smiliz23:

Archived