Riordan....?400k.Should we..... ?

Only a Game

Okay, having heard all the usual pro's and cons which we dont need to go over again..........?400k sounds like a steal to me.

(Burnley's bid of ?400k accepted by Celtic according to BBC)

Anyone else think we should bid also ?

Is there a better player available for ?400k right now ?

Better call Saul
Okay, having heard all the usual pro's and cons which we dont need to go over again..........?400k sounds like a steal to me.

Why give ourselves a total red face all he would do is tell us to f u c k off.:mad:

It's a good price BUT....

For Riordan to sign for any team in Edinburgh would be a disaster. For his own sake he needs to get away down south, well away from his Pilton Pals who have been leading him astray.

I would far rather put all our eggs in one basket and try to lure Barry "Gerrard" Robson to Tynecastle.

It'd be worth it just to **** off the Hibs fans.

I really have my doubts about him going to Burnley, far too immature for that.

I would go for him, have to agree for the money, daylight robbery!

Don't hold your breath on new signings, manager or anything else.

Now the second week in January and surprise surprise! NOTHING! Oh, apart from the usual Wind P!sh & Broken Biscuts!

Vlad there's an old saying,

"Don't P!ss Down Our Backs And Tell Us It's Raining"

He hates Hearts ...why are we discussing this.

I thought possibly we could have a discussion about whether he is worth the money despite his "issues" and whther the price was cheap enough for us to overlook them

Lee Wallace hated Hearts not too long ago.

I'd imagine John Robertson felt the same when he was a wee laddie.

We bid 400k. He says "No I hate Hearts" We've lost what exactly ?

Buy him for Kaunas and don't bring him to Hearts!

I concur we have other priorities like 2 defenders and a ball winner MF :(

its on ssn that celtic have refused the offer of 400k

cant find confirmation either way on any websites. Definelty said on the late evening news (I think it was BBC) that the bid had been accepted.

meridian jambo

Definately on SSN now that Celtic have knocked back bid....for what it is worth I think he is a wee turd but would score goals for us.

As a Hibee, I've seen Deeks a few times. A hearts player he's not. No grit, no sleeves up, no work rate, no determination and no fight. All the things a Hearts fan wants in a player. But scores goals and looks ****ed off for 90 mins

all the things that Hibs (not GS) likes

lets face it ?400k is dirt cheap for a player of his quality.this is where hearts let themselves down.we should snap him up treble our money in no time.....:confused:

Francis Albert
:rofl::rofl: Deeks would rather chew his arm off before signing for youse..

Pretty much done that, metaphorically speaking, by signing for Celtic - wasn't he once a highly prmising "kid" with a great career ahead of him?

I thought you already had the player in the bag, signed up and ready to go for.....?1.2m.:eek::eek:

Guest GhostHunter
for 400k it would be a steal but i think celtic are holding out for about double that!!

I'd be surprised if the WGS let him come to us.

We should but we won't.

Even if we did, he wouldn't.

As much as I want to see players with that ability at our club, I don't expect he would ever come here.

maroonlegions

TOO MUCH HASSLE FOR HIM TO COME TO THE JTs , he would not have a comfy life and can you imagine the bother he would get when he goes up town on a night out.:P

400k is a steal, yeah he hates Hearts but he probably hates not getting his playing bonuses a lot more.

TOO MUCH HASSLE FOR HIM TO COME TO THE JTs , he would not have a comfy life and can you imagine the bother he would get when he goes up town on a night out.:P

Couldnt be any worse than the bother he alledgedly gets himself into just now, despite the fact that the last time he was alledgedly in "bother" up the town,(according to two posters on here who stated they were there at the time) he was actually 450 miles away in London watching QPR against West Brom, and despite the fact that its well over a year since any bother he has been involved in came to the attention of the polis, and despite the fact that he hasnt actually been "up the town" since his agent told him 4 months ago that it would not be good to have negative attention when your looking for a big move.

Clearly he loves being in "bother" so a a little more bother for signing for Hearts would actually please him surely ?

It makes me slightly nauseous to admit it, but yes yes yes. We absolutely should. He scores goals, it's as simple as that...and if he DID that, we'd soon get over the rest of the stuff.

But we won't.

Celtic wouldnt sell Riordan to Hearts for ?400 thousand. I dont think Celtic would want to sell him to anybody in the SPL to be honest, they always try to sell their players down south.

I think Riordan is someone we should sign whether it be for ?400K or ?800K. Two footed finishers like him are gold dust - he isnt always going to be an immature wee jake and for me the need for on-field talent outweighs the downside of potential off-field nonsense.

Sign him.

Anyone who thinks we should sign him should watch the U-tube footage of him singing the "Rudi Skacel is a ****ing Refugee" song and then ask themself again if they want to see him wearing a Hearts strip.

He's a disgusting little piece of filth. Even talking about signing him gives me the boak.

As a Hibee, I've seen Deeks a few times. A hearts player he's not. No grit, no sleeves up, no work rate, no determination and no fight. All the things a Hearts fan wants in a player. But scores goals and looks ****ed off for 90 mins

all the things that Hibs (not GS) likes

As a Hearts fan, I've met Hibs fans more than a few times. Many of my best pals etc........... They really only ever have one thing to say.

Just 7 posts and already you can only manage the usual stereotypes.

According to this story Celtic want ?1m for Riordan, after buying him for ?150k and sticking him in the reserves.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=509054&in_page_id=1779&ct=5

Typical OF profiteering. Was surprised to read this thread that folk thought he would be sold for ?400k. Don't you know that it's the law in Scotland that as soon as a player plays 1 minute for the OF he is immediately worth ?1m to any English championship side that want to ressurect the players career?

I would pay ?500k for him and ?500k for Robson ... use the ?300k from Pospisil and we are shelling out ?700k for two cracking Scottish players.

He is a scroatbag but he is also a goal scorer, i'm sure if he played regular first team football he would take his chance and screw the nut or return to his life as a bench warmer.

I would pay ?500k for him and ?500k for Robson ... use the ?300k from Pospisil and we are shelling out ?700k for two cracking Scottish players.

He is a scroatbag but he is also a goal scorer, i'm sure if he played regular first team football he would take his chance and screw the nut or return to his life as a bench warmer.

Where did you hear that we'd gotten 300k for Mikey P?

He scores goals and we only have one goalscorer at the club.

I think we would sell Velicka if we got a decent offer from a club down south a mistake in my opinion.

I hate Riordan but would pay ?400K in a minute - no problem.

Archived