Zal is back

JamboLad

Referees all over the West of Scotland will be sharpening their little pencils....

Yep, i can see them now with a rye smile on their coupons! What's the betting he'll be sent off within two games of his come-back?

Welcome back big man, we've missed you!

...but have we? A lot of folk on here thinks he's a disaster waiting to happen although he's not helped by dodgy officials mind you.

Teuchterjambo

Still not convinced about this guy - it seems like the longer he is out the better he becomes in may people's minds. The last thing we need right now is another hot head with anger management issues. I do think that there is potential in there but without control it is simply not worth it - accept though that he may be one of a very limited number of options come January and hopefully he can do the business.

the sooner the better. the defence looked a bit better without bombscare bouzid on saturday and that was with a makeshift CH in jonsson. the best CH at the club can only help still further... hopefully seeing an end to the need for bouzid to play.

who am i kidding? he's a laszlo signing so he'll be picked regardless of form.

IMO Zal has the potential to be better than berra. If he can screw the nut and cut out all the nonesense he could be a top centre back.

...but have we? A lot of folk on here thinks he's a disaster waiting to happen although he's not helped by dodgy officials mind you.

0,,10289~7103554,00.jpg

Yes. Yes we have missed him.

Yes, i think we have missed him. FAR too many goals lost from punts into our box this season, meat and drink to Zal. If he cools his jets and gets a fair crack from referees he'll be a big bonus when he comes back. Our lunatic owner will more than likely line his pockets again and sell Jose in January too, so we'll need big Zal.

the sooner the better. the defence looked a bit better without bombscare bouzid on saturday and that was with a makeshift CH in jonsson. the best CH at the club can only help still further... hopefully seeing an end to the need for bouzid to play.

who am i kidding? He's a laszlo signing so he'll be picked regardless of form.

Rather sad states of affairs that Zali is the best CB at the club when you look back at what we use to have. A good player on his day, nothing more nothing less.

Still much better than Bouzid though.

six of one and half a dozen to me really.

I hope you keep a note of how many more high balls we deal with when Zaliukas is back in the team. If you don't think Zal is, at this time, a significantly better player than Bouzid at SPL level, I can only assume you've not been watching the Algerian closely enough this season. He's been horrific.

You can say what you want about Zaliukas, but you can't say the boy doesn't dominate in the air and in the tackle. He's the only physically impsing centre back we have.

who am i kidding? he's a laszlo signing so he'll be picked regardless of form.

Goncalves is a far better CH than Zaliukas.

The Treasurer
Rather sad states of affairs that Zali is the best CB at the club when you look back at what we use to have. A good player on his day, nothing more nothing less.

How the hell is that a sad state of affairs to have a "good player" available again.

_41047246_fl_getty.jpg

Athlete, great player, but not imo physically imposing. His game is more about timing, anticipation and pace. He's a fighter, but not a hard bugger like MZ. They'll make a cracking partnership I reckon.

How the hell is that a sad state of affairs to have a "good player" available again.

What I was getting at was we used to have great centre backs at our club, now we are left with Zali being the best of the rest "on his day". Not arguing he will be a welcome return, but really, is that how far we have fallen?!!!

oh no he isn't.

we'll have to agree to disagree since you're wrong.

Zaliukas is a good player on his day, but makes ridiculous errors and is a temperamental disaster area. the fact he had a good end to last season doesn't erase the memory of all his mistakes and red card.

What I would like to see is the two of them together though.

Athlete, great player, but not imo physically imposing. His game is more about timing, anticipation and pace. He's a fighter, but not a hard bugger like MZ. They'll make a cracking partnership I reckon.

Yep. Looking forward to seeing them together. Pity Jose is on such good money really cos if that was our CH pairing for a year or two, then I don't think we'd lose many goals

I hope you keep a note of how many more high balls we deal with when Zaliukas is back in the team. If you don't think Zal is, at this time, a significantly better player than Bouzid at SPL level, I can only assume you've not been watching the Algerian closely enough this season. He's been horrific.

You can say what you want about Zaliukas, but you can't say the boy doesn't dominate in the air and in the tackle. He's the only physically impsing centre back we have.

Zal might be a bit better in the air but he gets caught ball-watching far too often leading to too many fouls and bookings, Bouzid might become a better player given time, remember when we brought in Karipidis, he wasn't much better but became a very competent and important player for us.Folk on here thought he was pretty pash but he proved them wrong. Another of Zal's problems is his discipline. Out of the two, probably Zal should get the nod, only because he's been here the longest, i think Bouzid could become a decent player in a decent team, unfortunately, he's arrived at the worst time possible.

The Old Tolbooth
Good to have the big man back.

Zal and Jose at CB, please!!!

Amen to that!

The sooner Bouzids out the team the better IMO!

Its weird given how much negativity there has been (and yes I'm guilty of it !) but a back 4 of C.Thomson, Zaliukas, Goncalves and Wallace actually has a lot of talent. I'd like to see Kello given the gloves behind them as he looks far and away the most capable keeper.

Malcolm Tucker

Ah, the Lithuanian Vidic.

I think Zaliukas is a quality centre half, and we have missed him a hellova lot. Him and The Shepherd at CH, best partnership at the club by quite a distance I should think.

Zal might be a bit better in the air but he gets caught ball-watching far too often leading to too many fouls and bookings, Bouzid might become a better player given time, remember when we brought in Karipidis, he wasn't much better but became a very competent and important player for us.Folk on here thought he was pretty pash but he proved them wrong. Another of Zal's problems is his discipline. Out of the two, probably Zal should get the nod, only because he's been here the longest, i think Bouzid could become a decent player in a decent team, unfortunately, he's arrived at the worst time possible.

You could still be talking about Bouzid there.

Zaliukas is miles better. I just think Bouzid is pish.

That comes across as really bias, mate. Saying Zaliukas is "a bit better" in the air than Bouzid is like saying an amputated leg is "a bit worse" than a grazed knee. Plus the fact that right now, Bouzid is king of the ball watchers and has sold more goals this season than I remember Zaliukas ever selling.

Karipidis I always thought was a player, but I take your point that he grew into one of our best players after settling. I did agree with that assessment of Bouzid at first as a player who was just taking time to settle, but his performances have not made any significant leap forward from the start of the season and I'm concerned that he's just not got it.

In any case, the last thing we need is a defender selling goals in the hope that he will come good eventually. We're in a sticky spot right now and need players we know can compete in a battle. Zaliukas is made for that.

My team's defence would be

Kello

Jason Thomson-Jonsson-Goncalves-Wallace

with Craig Thomson on the right of midfield.

Zaliukas would be next in line for centre half. With McGowan next; Bouzid and Kucharski a long way down the line.

My team's defence would be

Kello

Jason Thomson-Jonsson-Goncalves-Wallace

with Craig Thomson on the right of midfield.

Zaliukas would be next in line for centre half. With McGowan next; Bouzid and Kucharski a long way down the line.

Nothing wrong with that defence, or with having Thomson on the right stick, but I'd be playing Jonsson in midfield with Stewart every day of the week.

Out of interest, who would you have in there?

Nothing wrong with that defence, or with having Thomson on the right stick, but I'd be playing Jonsson in midfield with Stewart every day of the week.

Out of interest, who would you have in there?

A very good point.

Jonsson, sorry no more centre back for you - straight to centre midfield.

Zaliukas gets the reprieve!:10900:

You could still be talking about Bouzid there.

Zaliukas is miles better. I just think Bouzid is pish.

Hence the reason i said six of one and half a dozen of the other.

That comes across as really bias, mate. Saying Zaliukas is "a bit better" in the air than Bouzid is like saying an amputated leg is "a bit worse" than a grazed knee. Plus the fact that right now, Bouzid is king of the ball watchers and has sold more goals this season than I remember Zaliukas ever selling.

Karipidis I always thought was a player, but I take your point that he grew into one of our best players after settling. I did agree with that assessment of Bouzid at first as a player who was just taking time to settle, but his performances have not made any significant leap forward from the start of the season and I'm concerned that he's just not got it.

In any case, the last thing we need is a defender selling goals in the hope that he will come good eventually. We're in a sticky spot right now and need players we know can compete in a battle. Zaliukas is made for that.

I think there's a bit short term memory loss here, yes Bouzid has been caught a few times but look back at the first few games of last season and you'll see that Zaliukas was the biggest culprit for most of the goals we lost, i've just watched it again the other day. As i've already said, Zaliukas should get the nod over Bouzid, i'm not saying Bouzid is a great player, far from it, all i'm saying is that in a better team, he could be a decent player with better players around him. Karipidis took nearly 18 months to two years to prove himself, not 5 months.

Thunderstruck

I, for one, will be delighted to see Zal back in the team. He is the best CH we have in terms of his all-round game.

He is the strongest in the air - when he gets his head on the ball he gets direction and distance on it (remember Parkhead last year). He is quick - not as quick as Jose but quick enough.

He likes to get forward - remember Celtic's visit last year when he went past Broonaldo like he was standing still and was a whisker away from scoring after a run from his own half. Strong in the tackle and can defence into attack with a well-timed pass. And, he scores goals.

His detractors like to claim that he used to cost us "a goal a game" but cannot support the claim. Yes, he has cost us a few goals but name a defender anywhere who hasn't cost his team a goal. Pressley was caught out, Berra was caught out, even Craig Gordon cost us goals - did that make them bad players? Of course not.

zal is back give me a break ! Things must be BAD when we are happy to see this clown back do none of you remember how many times this loose cannon sold the shirt last season yeh just think about it. Yes i have no time for him he is never a footballer and never good enough for Hearts PERIOD :2thumbsup:

zal is back give me a break ! Things must be BAD when we are happy to see this clown back do none of you remember how many times this loose cannon sold the shirt last season yeh just think about it. Yes i have no time for him he is never a footballer and never good enough for Hearts PERIOD :2thumbsup:

.......is that you David Blunkett?

Sad thing is one of wallace, jose, or Zal will be sold in January, breaking up the partnership.

I dont think we'll get a big enough offer for either Zal or Wallace in January unless someone needs a centre half or a left back as an emergency.

Jose could be gone though. If we get any kind of offer for him we'll take it IMO because he aint staying and 5 months later he'll be worth nothing. 200k or above and we should take it.

ChemicalJambo
Sad thing is one of wallace, jose, or Zal will be sold in January, breaking up the partnership.

Sad thing is one of wallace or jose will be dropped by Csaba if Zal comes back in, Bouzid wont get dropped.

The Treasurer
What I was getting at was we used to have great centre backs at our club, now we are left with Zali being the best of the rest "on his day". Not arguing he will be a welcome return, but really, is that how far we have fallen?!!!

We used to have a lot of great players at our club but we can't afford them now (we probably couldn't afford them then as the debt proves).

The sooner people accept that the better.

Archived