WINTER CHECKS

Miller Jambo 60

Miller Jambo 60

Checked my anti-freeze concentration yesterday and topped up the water bottle for the windscreen with straight wash to stop freezing up.

Do other Kbs do these checks.

Doug.

Good idea to check tyre pressures as well. Colder outside temperature tends to cause the air inside your tyre to 'shrink' - thus losing pressure.

Checked my anti-freeze concentration yesterday and topped up the water bottle for the windscreen with straight wash to stop freezing up.

Do other Kbs do these checks.

Doug.

I do now ...after forgetting one year which resulted in the water freezing solid , cracking the water pump and leaving me broken down on the motorway. :43:

Good idea to check tyre pressures as well. Colder outside temperature tends to cause the air inside your tyre to 'shrink' - thus losing pressure.

thats a good shout. i topped my tyres up yesterday after noticing my mpg had dropped under 40! lost about 50 miles from my tank. stupid garage that had serviced it set the pressures at 30psi and they'd all dropped to 25ish

I'll pop out and do it now.

Was going to do my tyre pressures last night but didnt have 20p for the air machine at Tesco.:(

20p is steep but nothing compared to the ?1 for 4 minutes i had to pay at Kinross services, I made sure i unscrewed all the caps before parting with my quid and still did not manage to check all 4 wheels properly.

I did briefly consider changing the wheel but figured 10 mins of my time is worth more than a pound.

Worthwhile chucking a travelling rug in the boot. And because of the ammount of miles I can do in a week, there is always a bag with a clean. pair of kex, socks, and a teeshirt in the back of the van.

:2thumbsup:

Archived