The death of the hippy dream and the sixties.

Tazio

Right now watch it all fall apart on BBC4.

Gimme Shelter the Mayles Brothers film about the Stones at Altamont.

Some good concert footage though.

I love crazed hippies.

I just saw a massive pair of boobs.

Keep watching and you'll see a massive fud. Jagger I think he was called.

What a truly wonderful idea it was to get the hells angels to take care of the "security"...

:hang:

What a truly wonderful idea it was to get the hells angels to take care of the "security"...

:hang:

Jerry Garcia's idea apparently. The Stones had used the Hells Angels in Hyde PArk for security but didn't seem to grasp the difference between british angels and the real deal in California.

Jerry Garcia's idea apparently. The Stones had used the Hells Angels in Hyde PArk for security but didn't seem to grasp the difference between british angels and the real deal in California.

Yep - a man with the firmest of grips on reality: the obvious chap to turn to for a spot of advice on the best and safest way to organise an enormous public gathering. :stuart:

Oh, and you're right about Jagger as well. He is and always was an Elmer of the highest order.

Pretty mental stuff, the first time I've ever seen it.

You can tell that Jagger was absolutely bricking himself.

At least the Mansons didn't show up.

Pretty mental stuff, the first time I've ever seen it.

You can tell that Jagger was absolutely bricking himself.

At least the Mansons didn't show up.

They were scared.

The whole thing was a bad idea waiting to happen. The staging, facilitities, logistics and security were all last minute. Thw Woodstock spirit was supposed to see it all work. And it did to an extent. 149000 people were fine. The folk down the front were out of control, and many of them were the Dead, Airplane groupies who seemed all over the stage and naturally antagonised the Angels. They were a bad call as security, but really who else was available to do it on that scale at short notice. Personally I think the Stones wanted to make a statement at any cost cos they missed Woodstock. Just as well really as they would have been buried on a bill that had The Who, Johnny Winter, Sly and the Family Stone and The Butterfield Blues Band.

The Yippies were at Woodstock and were a political organisation. Pity the film doesn't show Hoffman getting banjoed by Townshend's SG. I don't think hippie did die. And I believe that is a good thing. The heirs to hippiedom are the demonstrators of today. And us pathetic punks and ****e skinheads who changed little, should be more appreciative.

The Yippies were at Woodstock and were a political organisation. Pity the film doesn't show Hoffman getting banjoed by Townshend's SG. I don't think hippie did die. And I believe that is a good thing. The heirs to hippiedom are the demonstrators of today. And us pathetic punks and ****e skinheads who changed little, should be more appreciative.

Hahaha

"Get off my ******in stage!"

Genius!

Pete, how good was Woodstock? (slightly paraphrased reply to shoddy scandanavian journalism). "I ****in hated it" Think Rog liked it though.

Archived