Keyhole surgery

moz

Anyone had it..?, particularly on the knee?

I am now on the waiting list (Up to 12 weeks..!!) for this to resolve cartilage damage I received whilst trying to play fives earlier this year.

So please, tell me all your horror stories

I am now on the waiting list (Up to 12 weeks..!!) for this to resolve cartilage damage I received whilst trying to play fives earlier this year.

iStock_000008102401XSmall_normal.jpgwildenstein_lead.jpg

Cairneyhill Jambo

Hiya mate.

Its a dawdle. I had it done a few years ago to repair a torn cartilage. They just cut the flap of cartilage that was causing me bother off.

They don't even give you stitches and you're out the same day.

You'll be able to walk about immediately but will be sore for a few days, but they give you painkillers, normally Ibuprofen.

One word of warning though. Because they don't give you stitches, watch when you stand up for the first time. The guy next to me got up just after his op and the dressing gave way. Not a pretty site. The ward was like something out of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Miller Jambo 60
It's up there with missing Jury duty as once of the worst things you could experience EVER.

Ha Ha brill.

They are well advanced with this kind of surgery, should go ok.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Keyhole surgery

I think I would rather be able to look the surgeon in the eye rather than having someone hacking lumps out of me from behind a door.

Miller Jambo 60
Keyhole surgery

I think I would rather be able to look the surgeon in the eye rather than having someone hacking lumps out of me from behind a door.

Is there no end to your wit:smiley2:

The boy who started the "Pulling" thread on here had keyhole surgery on his knee last year. He may be able to give you some pointers. He's on here quite a lot now, as he doesn't get out as much as he used to since the amputation that was needed to rectify the results of the keyhole botch up.

The boy who started the "Pulling" thread on here had keyhole surgery on his knee last year. He may be able to give you some pointers. He's on here quite a lot now, as he doesn't get out as much as he used to since the amputation that was needed to rectify the results of the keyhole botch up.

Och, you'll just get him over-worried Therapist. If and when things go wrong, he should still be able to get out and about a bit:

wheelchair_ramp.jpg

Just Wan Leg :wheelchair:

Och, you'll just get him over-worried Therapist. If and when things go wrong, he should still be able to get out and about a bit:

wheelchair_ramp.jpg

Superb.

Puts my mind to rest.

Should be a doddle with us men having such a high pain threshold an all......I mean it's not like having the flu or anything........:2thumbsup:

I had it done for cartilage problems about ten years ago. Very simple watched it on TV while it was done. I had three tiny scars. After the surgery was leaving the ward with my wife, of course I was limping like I had been machine gunned. The surgeon saw me and asked me why I was limping I said well you just operated on me, he replied that the operation was to stop me limping and to stop it right now, I did and it was fine.

The only thing I didn't like was being told no heavy activity, golf, long walks etc for six weeks. I obeyed to the day and have never looked back, I know some who after a couple of weeks felt good and ignored the advice, they have had problems since. Good luck with it.

I had it done for cartilage problems about ten years ago. Very simple watched it on TV while it was done. I had three tiny scars. After the surgery was leaving the ward with my wife, of course I was limping like I had been machine gunned. The surgeon saw me and asked me why I was limping I said well you just operated on me, he replied that the operation was to stop me limping and to stop it right now, I did and it was fine.

The only thing I didn't like was being told no heavy activity, golf, long walks etc for six weeks. I obeyed to the day and have never looked back, I know some who after a couple of weeks felt good and ignored the advice, they have had problems since. Good luck with it.

Cheers Bob, sure it will be a breeze

Superb.

Puts my mind to rest.

Should be a doddle with us men having such a high pain threshold an all......I mean it's not like having the flu or anything........:2thumbsup:

:10900: It will be fine Moz. :curtain:

Have had keyhole 4 times, all on the same knee. The recovery is pretty quick in terms of being able to walk, and leaving the hospital the same day. But do not fall into the trap of trying to play 5's again too soon. Give it atleast 3 months, but during which time you should do some basic cycling first (gets knee moving up and down), then swimming (breast stroke) as this gets the knee moving sideways too. Also do some light knee strengthening exercises.

Good luck with that though.

Superb.

Puts my mind to rest.

you were squeeling like a wee lassie when it happened. the pitch got water logged from all your crying.:10900:

you were squeeling like a wee lassie when it happened. the pitch got water logged from all your crying.:10900:

Nonsense.

I wanted to carry on but you wouldn't let me......:smiley2:

Even drove myself to the hospital FFS.

Add to the fact I have 2 tears in my Cartilage I have also torn my Cruciate ligament.

Feckin painful 2 weeks after I done it tho.....

Nothing to it,as Cairneyhill jambo said it`s done quite simply and your back on your feet & out of hospital the same day.

Or back on your foot, depending on how successful the surgery's been. :curtain:

Reduces your recovery time by loads. Much more efficient and safer.

My sister had an appendectomy a few years ago. She has no scars and was only in hospital for a couple of weeks.

Nothing to worry about mate.

You'll get a decent view at Tynie at least, in your wee blue car!

i had an arthroscopy in both my knees about 5 years ago. i was in for two days with it, as was a mate that also had keyhole. all they did was confirm what was wrong (which wasn't fixable) and washed them out with salt water.

the sent me home with huge bandages on and all i could do was hobble about like c3po. it was a struggle to get dressed and walking was weird for a while. standing up, sitting down, stairs...anything like that was a bit of an effort. i was off work for 2 weeks in total, but i should've been off longer. i was determined to get back to normal as soon as possible.

as already said, no stitches. be warned though, the cuts are obviously deep and take a long time to heal properly. they can itch like hell, and you'll immediately regret scratching them as it'll hurt! my scars are small, but still visible

Archived