Forgetting about jury duty.

ZacBaker

I received a summon for jury duty about a month (give or take) ago, and noted in my mind that it was on the 10th of December.

So i get home this evening to get my things together and get everything ready for it. Get the letter from my pin board and find out i was supposed to be there this morning. Absolute nightmare.

Totally gutted, not only because i was looking forward to it somewhat, but because I'm really worried about what could happen now.

I realise it's stupid and what have you, but it was just a muddle up with the days, for god knows what reason

Does the wonder of kickback hold any tales of what the uoutcome is for not showing?

Im glad I am not you Zachary.

"Prepare to be ****ed by the long dick of the law" as they say.

They take this kind of stuff really seriously =|

The Old Tolbooth
Im glad I am not you Zachary.

"Prepare to be ****ed by the long dick of the law" as they say.

They take this kind of stuff really seriously =|

It's true, I had a mate once who did this about 8 years ago, didn't think it was important to turn up to jury duty, never seen the poor bugger since!

Lucky I'm used to John's sattire on here :2thumbsup:

Think i'll call them up tomorow and just explain myself.

I'm aware that they'll possibly fine me or just summon me to do it again very soon, to make sure i'm not just taking the pish and not going.

I feel embarassed that i actually expected some honest help from kickback :hat2:

Just phone them.

You might even want to go and ask at the local police station tonight. Makes it look like you were really concerned.

I received a summon for jury duty about a month (give or take) ago, and noted in my mind that it was on the 10th of December.

So i get home this evening to get my things together and get everything ready for it. Get the letter from my pin board and find out i was supposed to be there this morning. Absolute nightmare.

Totally gutted, not only because i was looking forward to it somewhat, but because I'm really worried about what could happen now.

I realise it's stupid and what have you, but it was just a muddle up with the days, for god knows what reason

Does the wonder of kickback hold any tales of what the uoutcome is for not showing?

Not looking good...

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/docs/infoabout/juryservice/jurors_charter_september_2008.pdf

"Warning: Section 20 of the Juries Act 1974 provides that where a person

summoned fails to attend on their first day or any subsequent date they may be liable to a fine of up to ?1,000 unless that person can show reasonable cause for their failure to comply with the summons."

Might be best to turn up on Thursday armed with as good an excuse as you can think up for non-attendance!

Say What Again
Might be best to turn up on Thursday armed with as good an excuse as you can think up for non-attendance!

Get a mate to give you a good kicking and say you were mugged.

Get a mate to give you a good kicking and say you were mugged.

Yeah, I'll give you a convincing shoeing for half the cost of a fine.

Christmas present fund sorted!

The Old Tolbooth
Lucky I'm used to John's sattire on here :2thumbsup:

Think i'll call them up tomorow and just explain myself.

I'm aware that they'll possibly fine me or just summon me to do it again very soon, to make sure i'm not just taking the pish and not going.

I feel embarassed that i actually expected some honest help from kickback :hat2:

:10900:

Miller Jambo 60
It's true, I had a mate once who did this about 8 years ago, didn't think it was important to turn up to jury duty, never seen the poor bugger since!

Jesus when i first read your post i thought it said, your mate did 8 years for it:10900:

Surely a wee talking to for a genuine mistake.

Think they have a big pool or squad to pick from, not bigger than Hearts though:smiley2:

Are you not meant to phone the night before and listen to the recorded message which will tell you whether or not to turn up.

I was called to the high court about 6 months ago, phoned 3 nights in a row only to be told not to show the next day. On the 4th day I was told I was no longer needed.

The feeling of rejection is with me to this day :43:

Dean Winchester
Are you not meant to phone the night before and listen to the recorded message which will tell you whether or not to turn up.

I was called to the high court about 6 months ago, phoned 3 nights in a row only to be told not to show the next day. On the 4th day I was told I was no longer needed.

The feeling of rejection is with me to this day :43:

Yeah I had to phone up the Friday before for the Sheriff Court as well. Got called off 'cos of snow storms around the rest of Scotland :stuart:

I checked this morning the Sheriff has issued an arrest warrant. Better phone them.

Hope I get Jury duty on your case....I'LL NO FORGET TAE TURN UP!! :hang::curtain:

I'm really worried about what could happen now.

This will be regarded as a very very serious matter by the courts who will probably treat it as contempt. :43:

Enjoy the Big House and Mr Big - I'm sure he'll be delighted to get a new plaything to keep him entertained over the festive season.

Totally gutted, not only because i was looking forward to it somewhat, but because I'm really worried about what could happen now.I realise it's stupid and what have you, but it was just a muddle up with the days, for god knows what reason

Take shower gel when they bang you up, at least that way you won`t have to bend down to pick up the soap. :10900:

**** man, I feel sorry for you.

Not only are you gonna get pumped up yer wee unloobed arsohole, these dudes don't mess around, they pee in yer butt afterwards to add extra sting to the noobs on the floor.

Good luck with that.

I have to say that it was good knowing ZacBaker during his time on JKB. I hope that he comes back on the board on his release from prison (if he makes it through his time there). We'll be thinking of you Zac!

Miller Jambo 60
I have to say that it was good knowing ZacBaker during his time on JKB. I hope that he comes back on the board on his release from prison (if he makes it through his time there). We'll be thinking of you Zac!

Puts life in to pespective.

Reading this thread with all the innuendos about the alleged homosexual activities in male prisons reminded me that I once received and infraction from the Mods for saying something very similar on a thread a wee while ago! How times change.

Say What Again
Reading this thread with all the innuendos about the alleged homosexual activities in male prisons reminded me that I once received and infraction from the Mods for saying something very similar on a thread a wee while ago! How times change.

Wondered stuff like that myself sometimes when you see the abuse that gets dished out on here. Not that it can be easy for the mods, I'm sure it's a thankless task, but I got an infraction for calling someone (during good humoured banter) a 'font nazi' when we had the option of customised fonts.

Just a thought mate

I got a letter a few months back, I had to phone the day before to find out if I was needed.

I called them and was not needed SO you might not have been needed to go in the first place:hat2:..

Whah, whah, whah.

;)

Miller Jambo 60

You just got a judge on an off day.

Right guys, just off the phone to the high court.

Seemingly, the jurors were just told yesterday to call back after 5pm today, so as long as I do that, all is well :10900:

PHEW.

If anyone did call Celtic btw, tell them the unfortunate news, but that my local newsagent recently closed down, so they can use that as their weekly grievance. :curtain:

Say What Again

Seemingly, the jurors were just told yesterday to call back after 5pm today, so as long as I do that, all is well :10900:

You sure you won't forget?

PHEW.

If anyone did call Celtic btw, tell them the unfortunate news, but that my local newsagent recently closed down, so they can use that as their weekly grievance. :curtain:

don't worry one of us will remind you to phone (probably on saturday though :10900:)

Got a letter today to fill; in when Im on holiday. Hope i get called to serve my Queen and country.

Also the time of works no bad...:2thumbsup:

Archived