The 'Real Life' FM10 Jambos Challenge

Alan_R

Probably best going for teams from Brazil, US, Argentina. Chile, South Africa, Australia, Japan, can't think of any beyond that which would be to a reasonable level to be honest

Iran ,Mexico, South Korea, Saudi Arabia and Qatar also have some decent teams.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

another update!

so far I have 5 divisions.

some teams are in higher divisions than they should be, but this should short itself out after a few seasons. The reasons for this is so all countries have at least some representation to add to the variety.

Also it could be based on clubs who have been successful in years gone by: Dynamo Kiev, Torino, Honved.

I plan on having around 8 divisions.

COMPLETED!

LADS THIS IS MAMMOTH! just doing a test run, holiday for a few seasons but otherwise looks goot to go.

11 divisions in total! hearts are in the 10th level. With a division lower full of diddy teams offering representation of minor nations.

I'm sure ive probably missed at least one or two decent clubs but given the scale I hope that can be forgiven if it proves to be the case.

COMPLETED!

LADS THIS IS MAMMOTH! just doing a test run, holiday for a few seasons but otherwise looks goot to go.

11 divisions in total! hearts are in the 10th level. With a division lower full of diddy teams offering representation of minor nations.

I'm sure ive probably missed at least one or two decent clubs but given the scale I hope that can be forgiven if it proves to be the case.

Superb mate :2thumbsup:

Any rules you have added in?

OK heres the script.

A small glitch has meant that many teams are still considered there original nationality. As opposed to the new 'nationality' of 'world league'.

What this means is it'll mean each club has their best players but not a full squad, the rest may be regens to pad it out. short of going through every team and changing it over this cant be avoided.

I've done it in such a way that Hearts are absolutely fine. Reserve and u19 squads will be available in full. So we should be able to play hassle free.

Would this bother people or are we happy to go with that?

As last time I will upload it as a save game file. So we will all have exact same game (same regens etc) so it will still be a perfectly level playing field.

First update...

sold:

Driver :?6.25 million to sunderland

Park : 34k to Notts Co

Michael Stewart: 1.1million to Preston

Johnathan Stewart: 625k to Coventry

Ruben: 375k to Mallorca

Lee Wallace: 2.4 million to Ipswich

In:

Goran Ljubojevic: Croation free transfer

Sebastian Nayar: Argy free trasnfer

Abderrahman Kabous: Moroccan free transfer

Christian Mora: Ecudorian international free transfer

Bakary Soro: Ivory Coast free transfer

David Barron: St Mirren 80k

Staff out:

Kevin Stevenson

Darren Murray

Werner Burger

Liam Miller

Staff in:

David Narey for defensive coaching

Archie Knox for assistant manager

Peter Davidson Second Fitness

Jim Blyth for goalkeeping

Simon Hunt Scout

Steve Whitehall Physio

Neil Fitzhenry Physio

Would like to get another coach in and to sell some of the bigger wage earners still on the books....

friendlies have gone well and we'll see how it goes

Needing help.

I have downloaded the file but where does it go?

Tried to put it in the database but when i load up Football Manager it isn't there???

Needing help.

I have downloaded the file but where does it go?

Tried to put it in the database but when i load up Football Manager it isn't there???

It is just a save game.

It goes in the games file and you load it as you would any other saved game.

It would be great if you could have a look because I think a few tweaks need to be made before we all get right into it.

Not happening mate?

When i download it and put it in the games i try and load game but i can't find it in games?

Possibly because i'm not unzipping it duh.What can i use to unzip it all i'm doing is downloading it and saving it in games.

Say What Again

Have you unzipped the file mate - you should just be left with a file 'no manager jkb challenge.fm' that you place in the games folder

Have you unzipped the file mate - you should just be left with a file 'no manager jkb challenge.fm' that you place in the games folder

What do i use to unzip it?

Do you have winzip or winrar?

Both have free to download trial versions (I think)

Just downloading winzip now.What a chewy!!!

Say What Again

Just loaded it about5 mins ago mate. Making a cuppa just now so haven't really done anythinf yet.

Thanks for all the work you put into this BTW.

i just finished my second season at hearts i left to go to tottenham though.....fabian brandy is an extremely good player he scored 36 in 42 for me lol

UPDATE!

It was annoying me so I've just went through everyteam individually. This should mean we get full squads for everyteam in the league.

Givin it a quick test run. Bear with me.

1 thing i have noticed Alan is the disciplinary.2 bookings 1 match ban and every yellow after that you get a further 1 match ban.

The other thing is it seems to be you can only name 5 subs.

1 thing i have noticed Alan is the disciplinary.2 bookings 1 match ban and every yellow after that you get a further 1 match ban.

The other thing is it seems to be you can only name 5 subs.

Subs is fixed and I've tweaked finances prize money a bit.

I've no idea what the reason for disciplinary rules are.

I cant seem to be able to change it. Could be they are hardcoded for the region I used to create 'world league'. Thats annoying.

Anyone any good with the editor?

Subs is fixed and I've tweaked finances prize money a bit.

I've no idea what the reason for disciplinary rules are.

I cant seem to be able to change it. Could be they are hardcoded for the region I used to create 'world league'. Thats annoying.

Anyone any good with the editor?

I'm no good with the editor mate but hopefully someone can fix the disciplinary rules that is the major glitch i can see.

I'm no good with the editor mate but hopefully someone can fix the disciplinary rules that is the major glitch i can see.

Thats gonna mess things up big style. Ban for every yellow after a red. pretty harsh.

I assume once youve served your ban it resets though as it would literally be every yellow. you'd need to get a red first?

I see no way of changing it im afraid.

Thats hacked me off a bit. :(

Say What Again
I've started a thread in the forum asking how to change it.Hopefully someone can help.

I'm nipping out shortly but here's the link to see if anyone reply's although you may have to register to view it.

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=164

Good on you for trying Beats but I think, unless you're really lucky, you could wait a long time for a reply to that. Granted it's only been up 20 mins but it's only been viewed twice - once by me and the other you probably :stuart:

I notice the last post before your was 6 hours ago too.

Good on you for trying Beats but I think, unless you're really lucky, you could wait a long time for a reply to that. Granted it's only been up 20 mins but it's only been viewed twice - once by me and the other you probably :stuart:

I notice the last post before your was 6 hours ago too.

Right feck it are we just going with this?

It will make it harder but i'm up for it.What i don't want is to start it and then have to re start at a later stage.

Say What Again
What i don't want is to start it and then have to re start at a later stage.

Agreed.

Swanyl has already played a few hours on the old one by the look of things.

sorry guys wish id noticed the yellow card thing earlier.

Ive put a fair bit effort in so no one is more annoyed than me.

Were all in the same boat so are we just going to give it a go?

The database is far from perfect but I think its the best im going to get short of starting from scratch.

seems to run ok.

Alot of bargains to be had in the transfer market. No work permits is great aswell.

Finding it difficult to get shot of any of my players though.

How we finding this?

I've had a very up and down start won 6-0 v Dukla Prague lost 6-0 v Slask!!!

Other thing i've noticed is that i had 11 players away on international duty but still had to play my game.Ended up with most of my youths playing and got tanned 6-0!!!

How we finding this?

I've had a very up and down start won 6-0 v Dukla Prague lost 6-0 v Slask!!!

Other thing i've noticed is that i had 11 players away on international duty but still had to play my game.Ended up with most of my youths playing and got tanned 6-0!!!

all i want for christmas is a dukla prague away kit!

Ive been playing alright but getting beat. Not doing well. Only played a couple of games though.

you finding it playable or is there too many niggles?

all i want for christmas is a dukla prague away kit!

Ive been playing alright but getting beat. Not doing well. Only played a couple of games though.

you finding it playable or is there too many niggles?

Very playable.You have done a cracking job mate.

I am the same as you in that i can't get rid of any players i reckon it will be a tough first season until i can get rid of the high earners.

Say What Again

Agree with Beats, well done Alan.

Only managed to start the game, bring in staff and a few players so far. Can't get rid of anybody (except Nade) either.

Drew my first friendly with Celtic 3-3, Kucharski equalising in 92 mins!

Archived