IPOD Help

feedtheroman2

feedtheroman2

I have a 2year old 80gb classic ipod that recently developed inky stain like things actoss the screen, which now means i can't see a thing. I can't recall bumping into anything but i guess that's really the only way it could have happened :(

Anyone know anyone local that will replace the screen? or at least look at my ipod and reccommend further action.

Also

I lost all my music files on the pc a few days ago due to a virus, and was just wondering if anyone knew how to transfer the files e.g. music/pictures from my IPOD to the computer?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks

Don't know about the screen part. For the lost music make sure you can see hidden files, go to Tools then Folder options if you don't have that already. Then open the ipod through My Computer, there should be a hidden folder there called iPod_Control, open that then open the Music folder, then in all of the folders that you now see is where your music is stored. Unfortunately the files are not organised and are renamed, but you can see what songs they are but choosing the detailed view setting. At least you still have the files!

feedtheroman2

Hmm, where is Tools?

I haven't updated to the latest Itunes btw, not sure if that's why i can't find the tools option...

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

It is there... you just need to look a little harder.

The menu bar is directly under the left search window that says 'computer'. And should have 5 options...

File Edit View Tools Help :)

If i remember rightly there is a program called senuti (itunes backwards) which allows you to take your songs from your itunes.

feedtheroman2

Thanks for all the help guys, much appreciated.

Lasith, just tried kennetnet and installed the programme. Tried to copy over 227 Rammstein songs to my itunes on my pc from my ipod, and the songs aren't there :o

do you have to buy it or what?

cheers

Archived