Assuming Stewarts ban is lifted...

Swanny17

What can the team now be for Saturday? Are we as bad off as some think?

I actually think the following is a pretty decent side.

MacDonald

J Thomson Jonsson Jose Wallace

C Thomson Ruben Stewart Obua

Elliot

Nade

Thoughts?

Guest JamboRobbo

If the appeals comittee don't meet before the weekend, he'll be allowed to play pending appeal surely, just like Lovens and various other players have done in the past.

Any one of the 3 goalies

C.Thomson

Jose

Jonsson

Wallace

Ruben (sitting)

Templeton (middle)

Novikovas (leftish)

Kingston (rightish)

Nade

Elliot

Subs... Goalie, J.Thomson, J.Stewart, M.Stewart, Obua, Glen, Mole,

Guest JamboRobbo
Any one of the 3 goalies

C.Thomson

Jose

Jonsson

Wallace

Ruben (sitting)

Templeton (middle)

Novikovas (left)

Kingston (right)

Nade

Elliot

Not a bad side. However, is it not awfully lightweight in midfield? I don't think they are capable of a tackle between them.

Not a bad side. However, is it not awfully lightweight in midfield? I don't think they are capable of a tackle between them.

Correct, but i don't think Utd are that 'strong' in midfield either. I'd rather we went for it and they had to worry about us as oppossed to us worrying about them.

To put one of the Stewarts in midfield imo would mean us 'sitting back' a bit, i would rather we went at them.

Any one of the 3 goalies

C.Thomson

Jose

Jonsson

Wallace

Ruben (sitting)

Templeton (middle)

Novikovas (leftish)

Kingston (rightish)

Nade

Elliot

Bit lightweight, even if Larry inside and Temps on the right would be a bit better for me

There's a few things he could do on Sat. I think we'll see something like

A Goalie (not sure on fitness, Balogh if he's avail

J Thomson Eggy Jose Lee

C Thomson M Stewart Pala Obua

Kingston

Nade

Personally, I'd go with something along the lines of

A Goalie, pref Jamie if fit

C Thomson Eggy Jose Lee

Larry Mikey Pala Novi

Elliot Nade

Obua maybe deserves a wee run from the bench and would be good to see Temps and Jonny Stewart at some point too. Maybe Scott Robinson or Danny Thomson to make the bench and an appearance.

Bit lightweight, even if Larry inside and Temps on the right would be a bit better for me Could live with that.

There's a few things he could do on Sat. I think we'll see something like

A Goalie (not sure on fitness, Balogh if he's avail

J Thomson Eggy Jose Lee

C Thomson M Stewart Pala Obua

Kingston

Nade

Personally, I'd go with something along the lines of

A Goalie, pref Jamie if fit

C Thomson Eggy Jose Lee

Larry Mikey Pala Novi

Elliot Nade

Not happy playing those 2 together, we end up struggling to support the forward thinking players.

Whatever team he puts out i hope he has learned from the last 2 weeks and gets it right from the start this time.

Killie and Hamilton we were hellish until he changed it (or it was changed for him) and we gave Nade some support.

Stewart and Ruben together in midfield and one up front has not worked well for us this season, but Csaba seems intent on making the same mistake. Hopefully this weekend he will get it right from kick-off.

Guest JamboRobbo
Correct, but i don't think Utd are that 'strong' in midfield either. I'd rather we went for it and they had to worry about us as oppossed to us worrying about them.

To put one of the Stewarts in midfield imo would mean us 'sitting back' a bit, i would rather we went at them.

Fair enough. I think Utd are very strong in midfield although I guess not in the physical sense. Although they wont be as strong on Saturday as their two star men are suspended.

I think our problem, similarly with the scotland situation, is the manager has lost the dressing room (regardless of the sound bites the players throw out at press conferences)

We do actually have a half decent squad which should easily be in the top 4 of the league but once the manger has lost the dressing room we will just lurch from scrambled victory to humiliating defeat week after week.

In any sport if the manager is not getting the best out of his team then ulitmately he has to go has that is one of the major parts of his job. I know he isn't actually out on the pitch kicking the ball so even more so his role should be to motivate and get the best out of the players on the pitch.

Archived