Hearts U17s V ICT U17s

Footballfirst

Footballfirst

I decided to avoid today's senior game as I had a bad feeling about it beforehand, so I went out to watch the U17s against ICT.

I think I got the best of the deal as Hearts ran out comfortable winners by the score of 5-1.

The Hearts team was

J Hamilton

Mullen Kennedy Murdoch Christie

R Stewart Holt Kane O'Hara

King Carrick

Subs McTurk, Brown Campbell Lynas, Todd, Tobin, Patrick (they all got on)

The game was played on a wet pet that cut up quite badly. The sun was low on the horizon and affected both the players and spectators, and it was bloody cold.

Despite the conditions both sides tried to play passing football and the game was probably a little closer than the score suggests.

The goals came a follows:

Carrick bundled the ball home after the keeper could only parry a good hit from O'Hara

Stewart scored with an powerful angled shot coming in from the right flank.

Half time 2-0

Holt then scored the goal of the game after a good run from halfway. He played it wide to Stewart and kept running to take the return pass which tucked away neatly into the corner of the net.

Christie then scored the 4th from close in after the ICT defence blocked a series of attempts from Carrick and himself.

En masse substitutions followed.

ICT got their goal soon after as Hearts seemed to be all at sea for 5 mins.

Todd scored the final goal after cutting in from the right onto his left fot and firing a shot across the keeper that he should probably have saved.

Good performances from several Hearts players the best of which came from Kennedy, Holt, King and my MOTM Ryan Stewart.

I was told that ICT had beaten everyone bar the OF at the U17 age group this season so it was a good result for the Hearts youngsters.

The U17 season now goes into its winter shutdown until March, although I would expect a few of then to appear on the bench with the U19s before then.

I decided to avoid today's senior game as I had a bad feeling about it beforehand, so I went out to watch the U17s against ICT.

I think I got the best of the deal as Hearts ran out comfortable winners by the score of 5-1.

The Hearts team was

J Hamilton

Mullen Kennedy Murdoch Christie

R Stewart Holt Kane O'Hara

King Carrick

Subs McTurk, Brown Campbell Lynas, Todd, Tobin, Patrick (they all got on)

The game was played on a wet pet that cut up quite badly. The sun was low on the horizon and affected both the players and spectators, and it was bloody cold.

Despite the conditions both sides tried to play passing football and the game was probably a little closer than the score suggests.

The goals came a follows:

Carrick bundled the ball home after the keeper could only parry a good hit from O'Hara

Stewart scored with an powerful angled shot coming in from the right flank.

Half time 2-0

Holt then scored the goal of the game after a good run from halfway. He played it wide to Stewart and kept running to take the return pass which tucked away neatly into the corner of the net.

Christie then scored the 4th from close in after the ICT defence blocked a series of attempts from Carrick and himself.

En masse substitutions followed.

ICT got their goal soon after as Hearts seemed to be all at sea for 5 mins.

Todd scored the final goal after cutting in from the right onto his left fot and firing a shot across the keeper that he should probably have saved.

Good performances from several Hearts players the best of which came from Kennedy, Holt, King and my MOTM Ryan Stewart.

I was told that ICT had beaten everyone bar the OF at the U17 age group this season so it was a good result for the Hearts youngsters.

The U17 season now goes into its winter shutdown until March, although I would expect a few of then to appear on the bench with the U19s before then.

Cheers for that.

You defo made the correct choice mate.

Is Ryan Stewart a winger?

Footballfirst
Cheers for that.

You defo made the correct choice mate.

Is Ryan Stewart a winger?

Yes - Normally plays on the right flank.

Archived